Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increased fertility after m/c or d&c?

Default Increased fertility after m/c or d&c?

Hi girls

I have read a few times of the bellybelly boards that you are more fertile after a m/c or d&c. does anyone know why this might be? i realise there might not be any evidence, but i'm just looking for some hope.

i have had a missed m/c discovered at our 12 week scan, followed by a d&c. the d&c went pretty well, just a few days of bleeding and not much cramping.

we're going to start ttc right away. i would love nothing more than a BFP and healthy baby, but know it will happen when it's supposed to happen (and it's hard writing that as i'm so impatient).

any hope you ccan offer to get me through the first month or two would be great.

zionsmom Guest

I went to the dr. today for my follow up appointment I had a d&c on april 10 I was so curious as to whether it was a myth and she said that in a lot of cases it is true that you can be more fertile its something with the hormones, she said its same as when some are more fertile right off of bc pills. so its true but I would still wait at least one cycle for peace of mind thats just me though.

Hi Claireabel,

My obstetrician said you are more likely to fall pregant after a d and c. And he was right! About 6 weeks after my d and c after a miscarriage in February I was pregnant again.

If you concentrate on keeping yourself as healthy as possible and avoid nasties like caffeine and alcohol and bd as much as possible and at all the right times you have a really good chance that you won't wait long before you'll be blessed with another little miracle.

Hi,
    when i had my lap & D&C i fell pregnant the very next cycle after trying for 18 months... ( but i also had my tubes unblocked!)

all the best

Hey Claireabel
    I had a m/c late december, and found out I was pregnant again late january. So I'd say I had increased fertility, atleast.
    Best of luck to you - hope you get that BFP soon!

Hi Clairabel - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I had a m/c in January and was pregnant again by February so there may be some truth in it. I wish you the best of luck!

Sorry to hear of your loss I haven't been through this, however my friend has suffered a m/c (actually 2 now) however she fell pregnant the next month after! She said they weren't even trying as they didnt' think it could happen so soon but it does.
    So good luck and all the very best.

zionsmom Guest

I didn't start this thread but I wanted to say thank you to everyone anyways, because I miscarried in April and I am excited to hear that I have a great chance! Keeping for a

*las* Guest

Ditto to what Zionsmum said! After m/c in March, am hoping this cycle will prove the theory true!!!

This has lifted my spirits so much, thank you all! It looks like there are a few of us who are going to test out this theory over the next few weeks, so fingers crossed for all of us, esp zionsmum and *las*!

Claire

Hi claireabel, I know it's been said already but thanks for starting this topic and helping give so many of us hope. I want to prove this theory true and give hope to others

My ob said that a good "clean out" always helps. Doesn't have to be a D&C either. Just a heavy period.

I remember having a really really heavy period that felt like it was blowing out the cobwebs before I conceived DD.

nikilove Guest

Default fertile after d & c

So after your d & c you are more fertile even if you had your first cycle after your d & c could you still be a lot fertile? I am so confused about this because after I had my d & c I counted 14 days and had intercourse but I didnt conceive I got my first cycle six weeks after my d & c which was April 5 can I still be more fertile after my first cycle?
    Last edited by nikilove; May 1st, 2007 at 02:02 AM. Reason: add another word in.

zionsmom Guest

My doctor told me that women are usually more fertile for about 3 months or so after a d&c and obviously we still might have cycles in that time. All women are still different and so that might differ still, my dr. gave me the example of how most women are a little more fertile after taking bc pills and thats for the same reason we would be after the d&c or miscarriage its our hormones. However some women get off bc and it might take them awhile to conceive and some might get pregnant right away. So for me even though I might be a little more fertile I would just count on the fact that it might take a few mos.

Yep, a friend of mine also concieved a month after m/c. Here's hoping the same happens to the rest of us.

I know this has been asked before... and maybe I should ask elsewehere... but I'm daft and lazy. How long does it take for AF to show up after a D&C?

Hi Pash - I've read anything from 4-10 weeks is common after a D&C. Join zionsmom and I in the wait for AF-after-D&C club

*las* Guest

Thank you Claireable - wishing you all the best too! (and hoping AF hurries up!).

zionsmom Guest

Keep the stories coming girls, please I (WE) need them right now so if anyone who is reading this has more positive stories please share. I constantly come here when I am feeling low

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast