Thread: TTC after early MC

Default TTC after early MC

Hi every one, I am new to bb.

I had a MC at 4-5 weeks just before Christmas. It was my first MC, second pregnancy. My son was conceived very easily but had been trying for the second for around two years. We were very excited when it finally happened and suddenly, it was all over. I knew that MCs were emotional and unfortunately common but no one ever told me that they can physically hurt too. I just didn't know that. We were very devastated. My bleeding stopped within a week (I didn't have a D&C) and we were trying the next fortnight, with discussion with our DR. Just wondering what everyone's experiences were and how long people waited before trying again. Also about fears for subsequent pregnancies.

Default Re: TTC after early MC

Sorry to hear of your loss. Theres no right or wrong on waiting times if you are in good health, its whenever you feel ready to try again. After some mc ive waited a year, others 2wks. It is scary to be pregnant again after a mc, all you can do is take it one day at a time and have faith. I hope you get your precious bundle soon.

Thanks Kristi,

We are in the head space of being happy to be trying again but I feel like the excited joy has been taken out of everything. I really want to be pregnant again and I really want another child as I feel like me family is not complete yet, but I am also very nervous about those two lines that mean I may have to go through this again.

I am sorry to hear that you have been through this many times. I couldn't even imagine that. You are a brave woman to keep going.

Much love,

osmumma

If you are feeling good about trying again then go for it. The fear is real, and sadly will never leave, you just have to take the chance and push through to hopefully get that reward at the end, which at that point, it really is all worth it. While i have had losses, ive also had successes, the losses made it hard but the successes made me keep going. Im sorry you are having a long struggle to conceive, thats something i couldn't imagine and you are also a brave woman for keeping on going.