Thread: TTC after miscarriage

Default TTC after miscarriage

DH and I feel pregnant after I weaned DS with the assistance of clomid. We naturally miscarried over Easter at 6w3d and on the advice of my FS we started clomid again at that time.

I'm currently at cd15 and no positive opks yet which is fine.. I kind of expected a long cycle following the m/c but my concern is I'm still getting positive hpt? Should I still have that amount of hcg in my system 15 days after m/c? Could I still have retained product? Should I ring my doctor?

I'm also assuming that I won't ovulate until all the hcg is out of my system?

Any advice would be helpful

Hi there, I'm so sorry for your loss xxxx
    When I miscarried naturally at almost 8weeks gestation, the level of HCG declined pretty slow, it took eight weeks for my cycle to return.
    Everyone is different, but only a week after your loss is very early and pretty good chance you still have a substantial amount of HCG in your blood. Because embryos 'live off the yolk sac' for at least seven weeks, your body may still think its pregnant and the decline of hormones in your system will be a lot slower.

Take it easy on yourself xxx I totally understand what it's like to want to be pregnant again straight away, but give your emotional and physical self time to heal. Four to eight weeks in the big scheme of things isn't that much, I know it feels a lifetime now, but let your body heal xox

And best wishes to you having a happy healthy pregnancy in the near future xxx

I am sorry your going through this. I would get some advice from your Dr to ensure your HCG is going down as there maybe retained products and yes your right you wont ovulate until your HCG is less then 5. Have you had an ultrasound at anytime or any blood tests to see what your HCG is doing? My Dr years ago thought I had a m/c as my HCG was decreasing and I was bleeding but a month after then it turned out I actually had an ectopic pregnancy (in which time my HCG had sky rocketed but I was then having no monitoring) so it wasn't picked up until I was having pain at 9weeks. Of course thats unlikely and I'm not saying it to scare you just I think it would be beneficial to get checked out to make sure everything is going back to normal. Also if there are any retained products you will still make HCG until they are absorbed or passed.

Thanksmurray and mildez.
    I've called my dr and the receptionist has booked me for a scan on Monday. I guess since I haven't had any monitoring since the bleed I just want to make sure everything went as planned and doesn't cause any further issues ttc down the track.

Maybe everything is still ok with bub. That would be awesome if it was

Lol that would be a crazy story but I really doubt it. And I don't think the clomid would be healthy for a pregnancy!

Just to update - I've just seen the dr this morning and I have some retained sac still in there. He has given me a script for misoprostol (sp?) to bring on another miscarriage to hopefully get everything out.

I'm glad I went and saw the dr! I would hate to get an infection and cause long term issues.

I hope this works as I really want to avoid going into hospital for a d&c.

Wishing you all the best xxxx take care

Default Re: TTC after miscarriage

Hey hun. Just to let you know the doctor I've seen said to me that being on that med isn't great if your ttc in the next few months following.

I don't want to scare u or upset u with this info...
    He said the normal wait time after that med is 3 to 6 months before ttc again... Please ask your gp for all the info. Hugs xx thinking of you

Hey pp - hope your doing ok.

It's was my FS that prescribed me this medication and also said to take clomid from day 2 again? I'm assuming he would think I was TTC when taking the clomid again but I will check!

Default Re: TTC after miscarriage

Hugs hun just had it mentioned to me so don't want u to go thru anything like u have again hun xx sending lots of love. Best to check hugs

AlligatorMum, I am so sorry for your loss hon, I hope you are coping ok and if you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me. Just wanted to send you some extra support

Alligator take care lovely. Thinking of you. X