Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very faint line

Question Very faint line

Hi ladies,

I could use some advice! AF is due today and last night I grabbed a HPT to use first thing this morning. I took the test and waited and got a BFN. I put the test on my dresser to throw away later. I just went to ditch the test, when I noticed a very faint pink line .

When I fell pregnant in Oct I tested 3 days after AF was due and the line was faint, but visible even DH could see it without glasses. There is a very faint line there, but if I left the test for more than an hour does it still count?

Not too sure? What do you think?

Thanks girls, Lane

Hmm...apparently if it's an evap line it shouldn't have colour but if it's a positive it should have a bit of pink.
    Maybe the hcg was just still a bit too low to show up in the time frame. Hope it's a bfp for you!!

If it has some colour in it then I think it would be a positive, and not an evap line, although they do say to disregard any lines that come up after the alloted time. Maybe do another in a day or two?

I would wait a couple of days and re test. My fingers are crossed for you!!

they say on the pack that after the time its not a true reading!!

i would try again in 2 days time!! or get another brand today??

sending your way and hope it turns out to be positive

Thanks ladies,

I bought another test today and will test next week. Now everytime I go to the toilet I'm waiting to see AF (sorry), but it's such a horrible feeling. You can't really get excited. If I am pregnant DH and I will wait the full 12 weeks until we tell family because of our m/c last November.

Thanks again for your advice, Lane

Lane,

I know the instructions in the pack generally say that a result after the time frame should be disregarded. But to tell you the truth, I had faint lines in Oct when I had the chem pg (which showed up after the allocated time frame), and I also had faint results early on when I found out I was pg this time. The only way to tell though is to test again tomorrow. They suggest FMU, but I was finding that I was getting stronger results mid afternoon than what I was getting with FMU. I hope this is your BFP - am thinking positive thoughts for you.

I'd be testing with FMU tomorrow. Why wait?

Well you've spurred me on to test again in the morning girls! Thanks for all your positive baby vibes. Part of me is a little scared to see a BFN after having a bit of hope, but I'd also like an answer. I guess I'll know soon enough.

lane,
    Im in kinda the same situtation as you are! I wish it could be easy. I really hope it ends up being a bfp for you! I had a miscarriage 7 weeks ago and have been testing every week or so! I have got 2 bfp in the past 3 days (faint but still pos) after i had a bfn about a week ago! Im so confused all over the place no doubt u all are to! I have been having lots of preg symtoms sore boobs, dark viens on them, dizzy heads, headaches and feeling sick! But who knows if its pregnancy or just my mind playing tricks on me! So i hope we all get the bfp we want so much! good luck in the morn hope it is a bfp!

Can't wait to hear the result!!

How did you go Lane?!? Did you test? GL!!!

Me too! Best of luck to both of you, i hope you both get BFP'S!

Tash - your symptoms sound very promising.... !!

hope you both get BFP today

sending you lots and lots of and

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Hi girls,

I tested this morning and got a faint BFP! Within the allocated time after 3 minutes, but before 10 minutes. I was apprehensive so I rang a friend in Perth who's a nurse and she suggested I just go in to see my local GP and get a blood test done. I went today at 11am and should have results by 2pm Tuesday. I will do another test on Sunday and go from there. They make a fortune from these home tests don't they lol!!

The line was there, but so faint I'm still nervous. They say you can test three days before a missed period, so I assumed testing 2 days after a missed period wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for your positive thoughts and baby dust girls!

Tash - Looks like we're in the same boat, but you're having all the right early pregnancy signs which is a real great sign. How are you feeling? Would you go and get a blood test done? I just need to know what's happening for my own sanity. Sending you lots of baby dust, here's hoping we can both join the belly buddies board soon. Let me know how you go Tash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast