Thread: Recurrent Misscariage what can be done

on a journey called life, finding our way home

Default Recurrent Misscariage what can be done

Hello everyone,
    I am after some information on things doctors may have tried in relation to recurrent miscarriages. I have 3 amazing kids and have had 3 miscarriages in a row, they have tested for everything they can and have found nothing . I am also having trouble TTC after being extremely fertile with all my other pregnancies. I have had so many scan and blood test and all look fine.
    I guess the question is If I do get pregnant again if there something medically that can be done to try and prevent another miscarriage?
    TIA

Hopeful Mum

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Default Re: Recurrent Misscariage what can be done

Hi just wondering if they have tested you for cardilipins antibodies? (Excuse my spelling)
    I had this after 3 mc and had an elevated result. I was placed on clexane to help with any blood clotting issues as a result and have gone on to have my DD who is 2 and I'm 21 weeks pregnant again.
    I'm not sure this is a standard test or not but it was randomly added as an after thought to an investigative blood work and bingo.
    Good luck!

I was placed on low dose asprin as soon as it was confirmed i was pregnant. I remained on this until the third trimester.

We had no clues as to why i kept miscarrying too. I was going to have tests done on me and the baby if i had lost the 4th one but i carried him to term and have called my family complete now.

Good luck

on a journey called life, finding our way home

Thank you everyone it is sadly sometimes one of life's horrible mysteries. Mumma T I have been told to go on the low dose aspirin as well. I am just waiting for a Positive test.
    Joeve I have no idea what they have tested for but I am defiantly going to ask my doctor if they have tested for this, Thank you.

I was also put on low dose aspirin and progesterone pessaries for the first trimester, then just the low dose aspirin until 3rd trimester......got me my gorgeous now 10 year old daughter!