Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Still Birth/ Late Loss/Recurrant Miscarriage ~ December 2008

Default Trying to Conceive after Still Birth/ Late Loss/Recurrant Miscarriage ~ December 2008

If you have found yourself in this forum you no doubt have had a painful journey. TTC after recurrent miscarriage/stillbirth or Late Loss takes special courage and support. The aim of this forum is to provide a place where women who have endured loss can share their stories, friendships, treatments and triumphs!

My greatest wish is that you all leave this forum with nice big fat positives in the shortest possible time!!!

I hope so much that this month is YOUR month.

If at any time you'd like to make a suggestion, or provide any constructive feedback for this forum, please contact one of your following moderators:

Fllowerchild
    Niliac
    MistyFying
    Alternately you may contact Kelly (however she may take a little longer to respond at times!).

Email addresses can be found here.

We appreciate all your feedback as it does help to make our forums a much happier, relaxed place to chat! We will always take your comments seriously - all comments are treated confidentially...

You will find the previous thread HERE.

Yay I am the first up!! Thank you all for your well wishes, the surgery went well they ended up putting me under a GA not a spinal, which made me quite ill. I have never been sick from a general before but I think the not eating when I am pregnant is a huge no no for me, and then my blood pressure plummeted so every time I tried to sit up I got dizzy and threw up (sorry TMI). Spent all day yesterday trying to rest as I still had a huge headache, fair bit of cramping which thankfully has now gone, I still have spotting though, can't wait for that to go too. So I am glad it is over, but now I have moved onto the 'OMG I hope I don't end up with an infection' faze! I am also not allowed to lift anything heavier than 4 kilos which is going to be REALLY hard!!!!! It is Corey's 2nd birthday today, so we have just had a friend over to play and now I am buggered.

Issy02 - Welcome to our lovely bunch of ladies, you will find this a great place to let your emotions flow and no one will judge you.

Hi to everyone, I will do personals later there is so much to catch up on, and I need to go for a snooze!

Wow Helen, that's full on. I would be throwing a pity party for myself and whining David's ears off. The lengths you are going through for you bub! Take care.

Diana, I'll hug you and you hug me :-) Not as good as a cuddle from a boys but a hug always helps. I cried all over one of my work mates today while explaining why I'm not finding much Christmas cheer this year. You all feel the same, I know.

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I'm having horrible cramps. I don't usually cramp. I don't remember getting cramps before my last pregnancy. Is this AF coming or still possible BFP?
    Last edited by Hammi; December 5th, 2008 at 02:49 PM.

Hi guys,

My point about "wasting their time" at the birthing ward is that they don't have to agree to see me. Which is exactly what they did -- when I called they told me to stay home and wait. I have to get ahold of my midwife again today to tell her that they didn't think it was as serious as she did. Basically, the norm with Swedish health care seems to be to try to get you to stay home and leave them alone whenever they can, and since the birthing ward doesn't have access to my journal where blinking red letters say "don't f*** with this girl again!" I figured they would be dumb and not tell me to come in. It doesn't do much for my already growing fear that my next unnecessary experience with incompetent nurses and doctors will be right there in that ward...

Hello,

Really good to hear that the op went well Helen, must be difficult not being able to pick your son up, but so important to rest, great news!

Tildy, how frustrating for you. can you just turn up to the hospital (try & pick a quiet time) and just say you want a scan on the recomendation of your midwife & due to medical history? In the mean time true to be at peace, I'm sure bub is fine, did the sugar hit help get him/her moving?

Hey Cindee, haven't heard from you in a bit, how are you?

Must go, more later.
    Last edited by Berry1; January 10th, 2009 at 04:26 AM.

Hey Girls, just checking in quickly. Sounds like everyone is starting to get emotional about xmas. I know I've been finding it tough. On top of that 2 girls who I work closely with a due any day now. I had 1 baby shower yesterday and another next week. They are both gorgeous ladies and I am completely happy for them but also completely sad for myself. I think I am going to try and get out of next weeks, even though it is my boss. It is all just a bit much hearing people talk about that beautiful smell of newborns and the joy of turning round and seeing bub in the car seat on that first trip home from hospital and... welll... I don't need to say anymore to you girls.

Otherwise I'm feeling good and just hope that together we can hug each other through a really tough time of year that we have to survive without our beautiful babies to love, hold and adore.

Thank God for little Anna, I just keep picturing us all in Katie's shoes this time next year, still missing our bubs like crazy but welcoming new little ones to our lives. fingers crossed!

Default hi

hi everyone, everything is fine here i go for my ultrasound in a week. but in the mean time from monday, my internet will be shut off as we move on the 8th. so i wont be back on for about two weeks. hopefully sooner. internet providers are slow.
    baby is moving quite well, hope to find out what it is soon
    hope you all have a great Christmas, if i cant get online before then.
    anyway better go, gotta stop these girls from ripping each others hair out

xxxcindeexxxx

sending you all sticky vibes

Tildy - just wanted to quickly post to see how you are doing? Have you felt bubs move recently? I hope you get hold of your midwife and get them to take better notice of you. I am thinking of you and I hope that all works out well and you get some reassurance soon.

I am more than happy for Anna to become the poster child for this thread - she can be the symbol of hope for us all!

Tildy, hope when I log on tomorrow you would've posted to say that Kebab kicked the hell out of you all night long. Come one Kebab, mummy needs some reassurance now. Beiron, tell your baby bub to be cooperative!

As for me AF came bursting in totally uninvited today. Beeyotch. My heart dropped a little bit when I saw it (at the work Christmas party no less!) but I'm already looking forward and working out which days I'll likely be jumping David's bones again. Heee.

I ended up going directly in to the gyn clinic's on-call doctor this morning, as my midwife told them to see me right away, and while I was there she called the birthing ward to tell them that they had ****ed up royally. She called me back later to tell me she got really angry with them and asked them "How can you be too busy to do your job?" and she told them that they too often forget that anyone past week 20 is their responsibility and turning me away because they were "busy" was the same as turning away a woman in week 40 and in the middle of giving birth because they were "busy". The reason I didn't just go there, btw, is that they even have a locked door, and if you go to give birth you ring this doorbell and they expect you to have called and been sort of like "invited" first; they do all this to try to prevent people from coming in until they really are ready, but it sucks.

I had used my doppler and found a heartbeat, but the midwife said that lack of movement is a cause for concern even when there is a heartbeat, because lack of movement can signal a fixable problem days before it affects the heartbeat. But they also said that it's not strange for me to feel less movement right now, but that she still had wanted me to be better safe than sorry.

The gyn said that Kebab had turned around and swam toward my back and decided to stay there for a while, so on the scan he saw that Kebab was kicking constantly, just that I can't feel it because all the kicks are going out in the water or towards my spine. This is why the sugar and the poking and everything didn't help. During the scan Kebab sort of flipped around and suddenly I felt a kick that made me jump and go "Ooh!" Today Kebab is giving me no rest, and now that I've finished up my damn software release, I am SOOO on the way home to start the weekend with a very long nap. I am so very very sick of sleeping only 3-4 hours a night, and this didn't help!

Tildy, I am glad to hear that your scan went well. You had me worried about you and Kebab. I am so sorry that you are going to have to deliver at a place like that.

Lan, I am sorry to hear that AF arrived. Next month is going to be a busy one in here. I feel like there is going to be another big wave of BFPs.

So, my ultrasound and appt. went well. The baby is still about 1 week ahead so the doctor told me that he wanted to move my due date up! Yay I gained a week. He also gave me a hard time about having another ultrasound in 2 weeks. He said that I can come in to see him as often as I like but he doesn't need me to get all concerned about another ultrasound. It doesn't really make sense to me, I am going to be crazy waiting 4 weeks for the next ultrasound. Even more so because it is the ultrasound that has always given us bad news. He said after that one I can have as many as I like.

hgirs: hope you're feeling better soon!

Hammi: sorry for AF. will keep fingers crossed for this month!

Tildy: I'm so happy it worked out for you. Very relieved.

MrsRobbo: sending cyberhug. It is very hard to cope with other peoples' pregnancies at a time like this, even though you're also happy for them.

cindee: best of luck!!

Laney: congrats on your u/s

afm: my scan went okay, fs saw the amniotic sac, but not the yolk sac (at least she wasn't sure if she saw the yolk sac or not) but she said I'm kind of early to see the yolk sac. Unfortunately, my hcg, although it's climbing, isn't climbing as fast as they would hope. so I have to go back on tuesday for another scan and more bloods. my fs says they need to monitor it, but sometimes it starts slow and then bounces up. One can only hope...
    Last edited by tempus moriendi; December 6th, 2008 at 07:25 AM.

Tidly, so glad everything has worked out ok. It sounds like you will be giving birth in hell itself! I guess as long as you get a good end result it will be worth putting up with!

Lan, BUGGER.... what a lier you've made of me! I'm kind of glad though, now you'll be going with me next month!

now i'm getting pestered by DS, this is too frustrating... gonna run, will come back later when I can get some peace and me time

Hi Girls,

Tildy, great news that Kebab is doing fine in there. Try and relax and enjoy your pregnancy, easy to say, hard to do I know.

Lan, annoying about AF, but good to hear that you are staying positive and planning the next month. I will be joining you all soon on that journey!

TM, all the best for your appointment on Tuesday. It's still early days and I am sure there will be a little one growing in there.

Glad to hear little one is moving about Cindee, all the best for you upcoming scan and the move. Have a great Christmas.

Laney, good to hear your little one is charging ahead!
    Last edited by Berry1; January 10th, 2009 at 04:27 AM.

Oh fantastic news about Kebab. I didn't think there was that much room in the uterus at 23wks for the bub to swim out of range but there you go! Has s/he decided to move back to your front yet Tildy?

Laney, what a great scan result. When they say that you're measuring ahead, does that mean that you got your cycle dates wrong or does that mean that the baby is just big and therefore not expected to have the full 40wk gestation? Either way, yee ha to getting that bub safely in your arms one week sooner! When is the scary scan for you?

Paula, has your AF started yet for Dec? I'm on CD4 now. I must say that my AF has shortened a lot since all my naturopathy etc. so action mania starts soon. I've decided that if I don't get pregnant this cycle I'm going to have a massive sulk. My zen calmness will only work for one or two cycles.

What about you, Jo? Back to twice a day yet? Hee hee. How was your work Christmas party? Were you all hot :-)

Who else... Sue, not long till your big morph scan. I've forgotten, are you going to find out the gender?

How's your stitch Helen? Is is feeling any better? Can you feel?

Hi Cindee, good to hear from you and to hear that you had a good scan. Merry Christmas to you and your extending family :-)

Tempus, I hope the blood work tomorrow shows the HCG zooming up. Good on you for putting up your ticker. I love watching them.

Hey Rozzie, what is it like to be past 22 weeks? Does the pregnancy feel different now? Do you feel any more confident?

Hi to Katie and baby Anna!

Lan and Jo - sorry to hear that AF reared her ugly head but consider that cycle as your 'practise' cycle. Hopefully AF will go away soon and stay away for a good 9 months!

Laney - how wonderful that bub's is measuring 1 week ahead. I used to love being told if Anna was even a day or 2 ahead.

Tildy - I was so relieved to read that Kebab had simply been taking some time out and sitting low. Kebab - don't scare your mummy (and the rest of us) like that again!

What else is news here - who has scans coming up? And of course good luck to our TTC bunch - especially considering that is what this thread is actually for!

Things are well here but I have had issues with breastfeeding. I had Pinky McKay come out and help me and I think after her 2nd visit we might finally be moving forward. Anna is feeding well and putting on weight but I was in immense pain - things have improved a great deal since Friday though and I think we might ( ) be turning a corner.

Helen, am so happy procedure went well but sorry you felt so sick. Hope you are feeling better and I have every faith in your long, tightly closed cervix!

Lan, damn that witch. Sorry she reared her ugly fat head. New year, new beginning.

Tildy, what an awful bunch of nurses at your hospital. Dont they realise how much we need reassurance after our losses? Aggrrr they make me so mad. I am very happy you eventually got in there for a check up and Kebab is kicking you to tears now. What a relief, you had us all so worried.

TM, hope all goes well and your HCG levels keep getting higher and higher.

Cindee, good luck with the move and the scan!

Laney, very happy your scan went well but if you feel you need another reassurance scan before the 4 weeks, insist! Say anything, make an excuse, whatever it takes. We have to be in control of our own pregnancies and not let these OBs bully us and make us feel neurotic. We have all been through so much and they MUST understand our concerns.

Hi Megan, Sue, Rozzie, Katie and Paula, hope you are all doing well. Sorry if I have missed anyone, am a bit rushed today.
    Last edited by dd0207; December 8th, 2008 at 01:20 PM.

Unhappy

Hello Girls I'm new to this thread I just had my third M/C this year on Monday I'm 24 and I don't have any children yet I'm so lost and hurt right now and my DH is even more hurt because he wants a bub more than I do he tried talking to me about us trying again on Friday but I didn't know what to say because I'm so afraid to try again and lose another baby my heart can't take it...

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast