Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC AFTER Late Loss/Recurrent Miscarriage/ Stillbirth

Default TTC AFTER Late Loss/Recurrent Miscarriage/ Stillbirth

If you have found yourself in this forum you no doubt have had a painful journey. TTC after recurrent miscarriage/stillbirth or Late Loss takes special courage and support. The aim of this forum is to provide a place where women who have endured loss can share their stories, friendships, treatments and triumphs!

My greatest wish is that you all leave this forum with nice big fat positives in the shortest possible time!!!

I hope so much that this month is YOUR month.

If at any time you'd like to make a suggestion, or provide any constructive feedback for this forum, please contact one of your following moderators:

Fllowerchild
    Niliac
    MistyFying
    Alternately you may contact Kelly (however she may take a little longer to respond at times!).

Their email addresses can be found here.

We appreciate all your feedback as it does help to make our forums a much happier, relaxed place to chat! We will always take your comments seriously - all comments are treated confidentially...

You will find the previous thread HERE

Hello,

Looks like I am the first of the new thread, hope that means good luck

Cheryl, I am so sorry you got a BFN , I can completely understand you feeling fed-up with everything. But please hang in there hun. You have achieved a pg before naturally and you can achieve it again. Things are so recent for you, your body will regulate again, it can take a few cycles until it 'goes back to normal'

I was reading in one thread about acupuncture and I have read about how it can assist in conceiving and how it is highly recommended to those going through IVF. It was funny, these women were having this conversation about it about 9-mths ago and looking at their tickers a lot of them are now pg or just had a baby, so it must have worked for a lot of them. Anyway, I have decided to give this ago myself. I am going to book in a session starting next cycle incase I don't get a BFP this month. I'm really starting to think that I won't, feeling very grumpy this afternoon, so think AF is on the way. Has anyone else tried AP before? Cheryl, is this something you have concidered?

I hope everyone is well. Beata / Dee, any dates booked in? I really hope you girls get your BFP soon. to all.

Hi gorgeous girls,

Cheryl, I'm so sorry honey . I know how it feels when you look at this 'my life depends on it' pee stick and after good several minutes when the second line doesn't appear, your heart just sinks. Like Megan said, your body might still be out of whack but please don't give up on that dream of yours hun, as like they say, if you don't try, you won't get. I know how terribly disappointing it all is, I tested myself the last couple of cycles as I swear I was light headed and queazy a week or so after I O'd, only to discover it was all in my head. But with every disappointment, it makes me try even more, as I know I will get there one day, and so will you my love. Please don't ever give up hun, because that precious BFP we'll all after might just be around the corner .

Megan, I really hope AF stays away this time hun , but if the witch shows her ugly head, I will be cheering you on next month. I think we'll all might get our BFPs in July!!!!!!
    I have tried AP a few years ago but it was for my migranes and it really helped me I remember. In terms of IVF and AP, I actually rang a lady a few weeks ago (who came highly recommended by my FS) and asked her if it was a good idea of trying it around the time of my FET. She told me that she mainly saw women who have tried several cycles with no success, and told me to give it a miss this time, but come and see her if I wasn't getting anywhere with my cycles. She was nice enough to say that she hopes to never see me!!
    My FS said to only try AP if I was really anxious and stressed about the cycle but I can't see how it would hurt to give it a go anyway. Let me know how you go hun, I might even give it a go myself. I remember the lady saying to me that I sounded very positive about my FET (I must have been having a good day lol) and staying relaxed (I know it's hard to do) and most importantly positive, was the key to it all.

Dee, I hope all is well with you hun, always thinking of you x

Bec, what have you been up to hun?

Diana, how is it all going sweets? I hope work is not too full on these days..

Well it's been very quiet in here lately, I think all our lovely mummies have joined another thread! Good on you guys, I wish you all the very best. I think it's only a handful of us trying in here, lots of babydust and stickyvibes to us all .
    I will hopefully have my transfer with my next cycle now, I am on CD8 and will practice in a few days to pinpoint my O time (they told me to use clearblue brand as it's the one they use). The IVF nurse told me to call her on the first day of my AF this month (should be around 23 June) and then I have to call them when I detect O, and then they will tell me when to come in for my transfer. I would guess it will be around 10 July. They wait a few days after O to put the embie in. I have decided to just relax and go with the flow, what ever will be will be. I think I will be OK if I don't get my BFP with my FET, I will just organise for a full stim. cycle asap.

Hi to everyone else and big hugs to all .

Love B
    xxxxx

good luck ladies!
    hoping for BFPs and healthy pregnancies soon

Hi Beata, I really hope AF stays away as well, but just haven't felt confident at all this month. AF is due from tomorrow, so I am sure I'll know by the end of the week. No signs either way at this stage. I'm just hoping that if I'm not pg, my LP has lengthend. I booked in for AP on Saturday, so I'll let you all know how I go. I'm a bit confused as to why the AP you were recommended said to call her if you have a few failed attempts? If AP helps during IVF / FET etc, why wouldn't you try it from the beginning? Gosh, not long now how until your FET, I will be praying so hard for you to get a BFP first go. You have been such a wonderful support to so many women that I pray you get your long awaited baby first attempt

Dee, how are you going hun. Still thinking of you

Bec, hope you are going ok as well.

Lan, you too if your still lurking. really hope you have your BFP.

It has been very quiet in here lately. I guess that is a good thing, means there are lots of us who are now preggas, and not a lot of new people, which is great, IYKWIM.

to all us ttc'ers

Hi ladies,

Megan, the reason why the AP lady didn't think I needed the treatment, is because I had no trouble conceiving on my first attempt. She said that if I had gone through several failed cycles, I could come and see her then. She told me that she generally only sees women who have gone through a few failed cycles and were emotionally and physically very stressed and run down. Apparently with IVF, AP only helps if you keep having failed cycles and are very stressed and anxious as that really lowers your chances in conceiving through IVF, so the treatment balances you out and really helps you to relax. So, my strategy is that if this FET cycle is unsuccessful (please God let it be successful) , and then I do a fresh stimulated cycle and that's unsuccessful, then I will try AP. I should be well and truly stressed and spent by then (please God don't let it come to this!). I am now more worried that if I do get pg with this transfer, how will I go through the 8 1/2 months of being pg and continually worry that something might go wrong? Oh hun, when does all the worry end ??????

I really hope AF stays away sweets, good luck with the AP app. and let me know how you feel afterwards.

Diana, sending you the biggest hugs I can muster, please take it easy and I hope all works itself out soon. Just please try to relax as much as possible hun & keep that positive thinking going!!!

Possums, thanks for your encouragement hun!!! Wishing you much success too, I hope you get your much wanted BFP soon.

Hi to everyone else, bring on the long weekend!!

Stickyvibes and lots of babydust to us all TTC!!!! Bring it on I say!!!!!!!

Love
    B xxxx

The Moderation team here at Belly Belly have compiled some signature guidelines for use in the Miscarriage and Loss and Long Term Trying To Conceive Forums. These guidelines are in an effort to be as sensitive as possible to those in these forums.
    These guidelines are in effect immediately and are for all threads in the said forums with the exception of the Pregnancy and Parenting threads of these forums.

In the Miscarriage & Loss threads links to your child(ren) website that fall within our guidelines listed HERE are permitted.
    * In the LT TTC forums links to your child(ren)'s website are not permitted.
    * The following tickers are allowed - TTC Tickers without photos of babies, weight loss, christmas countdown tickers are the only tickers admissable in the said forums} - with the exception being the parenting and pregnancy threads of the above forums.

If you have another ticker or a signature that does not comply with the above guidelines you will be required to turn it off prior to posting.

To disable your signature simply untick the box "show your signature" - you will find this if you scroll down below the text box you post in.

For members who find all signatures/avatars confronting you can disable them across the board via the User profile page and under Edit Options you can tick if you want to see avatars/images/signatures etc.

We understand this can be difficult to remember at times but we ask that you get in the habit of doing this so we can be sensitive to posters in these forums. If you do not remove your ticker it will be edited out. Repeatedly dismissing these guidelines will incur an infraction. For more on infractions see HERE .

Most "older" members are aware that we have had similar policies for a long time now on Belly Belly - however with many new members we feel it's important to set guidelines.

Please be mindful of this when replying to all posts in the Miscarriage & Loss & in the Long Term Trying to Conceive forums.

As with all decisions made by the Administration and Moderating team - this is a united decision. We ask that members gracefully accept this as a rule of our community. Debating with regard to this on the boards will be infracted & posts removed - we ask that members step outside their circle and accept that many find pregnancy and baby tickers upsetting after loss. Those that disagree are by far in the minority.

Thankyou for your consideration & understanding.
    The Belly Belly Moderation Team.

Hi all, I've been in Tassie for a week! Went for a holiday with a girlfriend and my 3yo and her 1yo. It was pretty good but I'm glad to be back. I really missed DH. But was disappointed to come home to a messy house. Even Eliana's crayon that was in the middle of the floor was still there. He'd just stepped over it for a whole week. LOL.

Berry, I'm so sad for you and Jasmine. Glad you've got through the results though and that they think it wont happen again. Even knowing that it must be hard thinking about being pregnant again... for me, having a baby die has made me feel a lot more vulnerable.

Cheryl, sorry to hear about your mixed results. I hope you can get the energy and strength to return to full time work. I'm dreading going back to work.

B, glad you have some potential dates. Good luck with the O testing while you are waiting! This is just all about waiting isn't it?

I'm having trouble catching up on everyone's news from the week. So, sorry if I missed anyone. Baby dust to all.

AFM, I was in Tassie without DH for most of my fertile days. Stupid stupid. Didn't think of it when I booked. We BDed last night when I got home and I got the temp rise today so probably not early enough but there's always hope.

xx Bec.

Hi Bec, good to hear from you. I'm glad you had a good time in Tassy. I can completely relate to DH leaving a mess while I am away and stepping around things, annoying isn't it I really hope you caught O this month, if it was just before the temp rise you certainly have a chance.

Beata, I can understand the thinking about the AP. I think being positive is really important as well and its good to see that you are very optimistic, you have no reason not to be, if it worked last time first go, it can happen again in July

AFM, AF arrived today, which wasn't a big surprise. I am starting to get a little concerned though given it has now been 6-months trying. I'm glad to be seeing the AP soon. I am starting to wonder if I should get more testing done. Feeling a little despaired at the moment, I think frustrated & disappointed more than anything, but trying to be positive that it will happen one of these months.

Wishing everyone a lovely and peaceful long weekend

Hi lovelies,

Megan, I'm sorry the ugly witch arrived. It's such a hopeless feeling isn't it, but at the same time it's good to look forward to the next cycle which very well might be the ONE!
    I have a good feeling about the combination of the herbs you're now taking and trying AP, I think there is a lot of anxiety that goes on with TTC and I think the AP would definitely help heaps with that.
    I now have a friend back at work who is 17 weeks pg after her first successful IVF cycle (she had a blastie put back in like me) and she started seeing an AP for about 5 weeks or so before the IVF treatment. She then had a session the day before and on the day of her egg collection, and then on the morning of her embryo transfer. I aksed her what made her see the AP as she's never had IVF treatment before, but she told me that she was very anxious just before the treatment and also had some kidney problems a little while ago. She said that she felt really calm during the IVF cycle and she really thought it was the AP sessions. She didn't think she conceived because as they were about to do the embie transfer, her grandfather passed away and she was an absolute mess. But, she did get pg and really thought AP helped heaps. So I say hun, give it a red hot go 'cos I really think there is something in it!
    I'm really starting to freak out about the transfer now, and have decided to try AP after my FET in an effort to calm my nerves down, and if I get my BFP I might continue the treatment to stay as calm as possible. I now think I might be a complete mess worrying at every corner that something might go wrong

Bec, so glad you had a nice holiday hun, we all need it sometimes hey? And don't worry about missing out on your fertile days, you might have caught a sticky one!! for you sweets.
    I am currently waiting for O and am testing with the clearblue thingie, a practice run for THE cycle later this month. I haven't O'd yet, I'm on CD11. I had some egg white CM about 3 days ago (sorry TMI!), but no O pain so far. I actually have no idea of when I actually O (my cycle is apprx. 28 - 29 days) I just always assumed it's day 14 or 15 of my cycle....????? Anyway, it will be nice to find out with this testing.
    BTW, I keep forgetting to ask you, where abouts do you live? I'm in Apendale Gardens

Cheryl, how are you going hun? I'm for a nice BFP for you in your next cycle, don't give up hope hun, hang in there!

Diana, I hope you're feeling better hun, and resting up nicely. Sending you lots of hugs and positive healing energy

Dee and Lan, what are you up to lovelies? Sending you both bucket loads of and

Hello to everyone else out there, and big hugs to all.

B xxxxx

Berry, sorry it didn't happen for you this month. Maybe you could decide how many months to keep trying before getting further testing. If you decided 3 months, say, it might make it easier to not worry about it. And hopefully you'd be pregnant before the time you decided anyway.

B, good luck with the clear blue. I have a 28 day cycle but ovulate on day 17. Apparently heaps of women with 28 day cycles don't ovulate on day 14 so it's definitely worth checking. I've never used an ovulation tester, just charting, but I've been thinking about it.
    I live in Footscray. Not very close, but want to hang out sometime?

I'm off to bed for an early night I think. We just got home and it's freezing. Hopping in bed is definitely the best idea. Went to the local footy in Macedon today and it was so cold! And drizzly. Ugh.

Baby dust to all. xx Bec.

Hey lovey's.
    Sorry I've been MIA, I have just returned from my holiday (look at that, I'm a poet) And I'm pooped

Beata, I thought of you alot while I was away and your transfer. Where we stayed had no phone service so I wasn't even able to check up on everyone but I'm glad I haven't missed it. I'm gonna be cheering you on from the sidelines while I quietly stalk you all

Mummabec, ha! The crayon! DF is the same. For work we have annual conferences which are usually about 3 nights stay in Perth. Everytime I get back everything is exactly how I left it... I guess I should be grateful that it's not messier

Berry, how did you go? Has AF stayed away? I really hope she has...

Best wishes to all, and sending you all my love! I hope very shortly this thread will have tumble weeds blowing through it.

Hi girlies,

Bec, I'm now on CD14 and still no ovulation has been detected.....hmm, I started testing on day 11 in case I O'd early. Looks like it now might be CD15, 16 or even 17 but probably 15 or 16 as today I have a sore back and some O cramping and the CM has been egg white for 2 days now. This is kinda fun to compare the body's natural signs to when the happy face appears on the ovulation test. BTW, love to catch up for a coffee sometime, although I don't go to the city all that often I'll let let you know if I'm heading you way!

Teagz, helloooooooooo!!!! Long time no hear!!!! How are you sweets? I forgot you were going on your holiday Hope you've had a nice, relaxing time. You haven't missed anything hun, FET in scheduled for around 10/7. How are things with you lovely?? I have been stalking you and Nae in the pg after loss thread so I know what you're up to hehehe. I'm really glad you app. on 22nd went well too hun

Diana, big hugs hunni, always thinking of you and remember, take it easy and rest, rest and more rest!!! Let me know how you're going hun xxx

Megan, have you had your AP app. yet?? Very curious of how it made you feel..

Dee, what have you been up to lovely? I often think of you and wonder how things are going..big hugs hun x

Big and hello to all my beautiful friends, I hope everyone is having a nice & relaxing long weekend

Love
    B xxxx

Hi everyone

Sorry I have been MIA. Thanks for everyone's support on my phantom BFP that turned into a BFN. It really means a lot. I have had a busy week - took Monday off work as was very tired still from the flu and ended up working 3 days in a row. By Thursday lunchtime I was absolutely exhausted and was having diffculty staying awake while driving home! So I don't think I'll be doing that again in a hurry! Had a massage on Friday morning - very nice and relaxing. Might have to do it again next week!

Well I'm CD36 today and have no idea what my body is doing. It's like it has just shut down! My TCM has given me some herbs to try to bring on AF which doesn't show any sign of coming yet. If AF doesn't arrive by Tuesday morning then she is going to give me some super herbs... sounds like they will taste awful but hopefully they work. I hate being in limbo land! And to make life more depressing I have been reading some books on how to maximise fertility and worked out that my BMI is 28 I need to lose about 8kgs to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but ideally would like to lose 10kgs. But I just can't seem to summon the energy to get started. Maybe tomorrow!

Also saw my GP last week. She has given me another certificate for 4 weeks more of part-time work. She doesn't think I am up to it physically and I agree with her. Have got all the paperwork for more b/t to try find out what is going on with my hormone levels once AF arrives

Anyway, enough about me. I just wanted to comment on the AP issue. I have been having AP regularly for 12 months now. I firmly believe that it helped us conceive Ryan. The normal routine was AP at about CD11-12 to assist with ovulation and then about 10days later to assist with implantation. I continued with AP once a month while I was pg and found it really helped with my stress levels. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, even if you are doing IVF. The success rates of AP with IVF are amazing.

Some quick persies...

Bec - glad to hear you had a lovely time in Tassie. Hope your last minute BD with your relaxed state will mean a BFP for you this cycle!
    Berry - hi - hope your doing ok. I understand your frustration and disappointment. Try to remain positive - it does all help apparently
    Teagz - I second your thought - bring on the tumbleweeds! Hope you had a great holiday!
    Beata - here's hoping we all get BFPs in July that would be the best ever birthday present for me! I hope you manage to figure out your O day. I never had much luck with OPKs but am thinking I might try them again, along with charting. All without driving myself nuts hopefully!

I hope everyone is having a great long weekend. Take care all.
    xo

Oh Cheryl darl, I don't know what to say except be kind and gentle with yourself
    Hun, it's only coming up to 3 months since you've lost your little man, mentally and physically you're still healing, no wonder you're exhausted and so run down! Also, it's probably why AF still hasn't shown. I believe that our own bodies best tell us what is really going on with us. When we're dog tired & run down all the time, it's telling us to slow down, take some much needed rest and LOTS of sleep. I mean, at least 8 hours at night and nanna naps when you need them .
    Hun, 3 months after I lost Josh I was seeing my psychologist once a week, I really wasn't coping well (well, I thought I was, but soon found out I was putting on a brave face for everyone when I was really falling apart). Each time I left her office I felt better than when I came in, but back at home I would cry myself to sleep and soon forgot what she told me. That's when I realised no matter what she said to me, I would heal in my own time, grieve in my own time, and my body was going to be good to me when IT was ready. I also wish now that I stayed home a lot longer after my loss (I was off for 7 weeks) as when I got back to work I was no good to anyone for ages!! My concentration was crap and I found it really hard to get motivated (still do ).

I believe you're doing all you can to get your body in tip top condition for your next pg, and I pray that's not too far away for your hun, but make sure psychologically you're ready too as I found that this was my biggest hurdle.
    Big hugs hun, take it easy and I hope AF shows soon!! I like what you said about AP, I really think I'm gonna give it a go throughout my pg (when I get there!) to bring my stress levels down.

B xxx

Cheryl, I am so sorry hun that there is no BFP for you this month I can imagine how frustrating it must be with AF not turning up yet. As Beata said 3-months since your loss is not long at all, it can take a while for AF to get back to normal. Was your cycle fairly regular before? In terms of weight loss, please don't stress yourself out more than you already are. Having too much pressure on yourself is not good either. Take small steps and you can certainly make a difference. I have been running for the past few months, which has helped me, but its something that I really enjoy doing as well. Glad that your doc gave you a certificate to work pt for another 4-weeks. It sounds like your body really needs it. Take care

Hi Beata, my AP appointment is now on Friday, so I am looking forward to that and doing something positive towards helping the cause Cheryl, it is good to read that you felt AP really helped you conceive Ryan. I was wondering when the best time was to actually do AP, and it sounds like just before O and around implantation time. I'm sure my AP will tell me the best routine to do, but I am so keen to get started and I will be seeing her about CD9, so about 5-days before O. I might ring to see if I should bk in a 2nd appointment closer to O. I'll let you all know what I thought next weekend.

Hi Teagz, I'm glad you had a good holiday and it sounds like things are going well for you, so that is great to hear. Unfortunately AF did arrive so no cigar this month for me. Make sure you drop in and say hi to us ttcers. I hope there are tumble weeds in here too soon and were all in the pg thread or parent thread!

Diana, how are you? I am a bit concerned about you. We haven't heard from you in a while, I hope I haven't missed anything. Take care of yourself.

Hi Dee, I hope you are doing ok.

Hope everyone is having a great long weekend.

Haven't been on in ages, but wanted to pop in and wish all of you luck and cyberhugs where needed. Yeah, we're still TTC, just taking the month of June off (dh goes on a business trip every March, and it would be hard for me to have a baby at that time.)
    http://forums.bellybelly.com.au/foru.../eusa_pray.gif for everybody!

Hi Berry and Beata - thanks so much for your support and words of wisdom. Yes, you are both absolutely right - it is 12 weeks today since Ryan was born sleeping. I feel like I have come a long way, but there is still a road yet to be travelled. I managed to get back on the treadmill yesterday morning for 30mins, and felt so much better for it. Had great plans for today as well to do some pilates or yoga, but too cold and too tired. DH was up at 4.50am (and therefore so was I) to catch a flight for work! Spoke to my TCM lady today and had b/t done, even though no AF yet. She wants to know my FSH levels. The b/t included B-HCG, but I don't expect anything there as another POAS today showed a BFN. For now I am just focusing on being healthy - eating well and doing a bit of exercise 3 or 4 times a week to start. Nothing too much, just gently easing back into it. I enjoy running as well, tho' I'm not very fast! And was enjoying that before I fell pg, so I am keen to get back into my fitness routine again and I know the weight will just fall off once that happens.

Anyway, must go and cook dinner. DH should be home soon!
    Take care all
    xo

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast