Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC AFTER Late Loss/Recurrent Miscarriage/ Stillbirth Sept 2009

Default TTC AFTER Late Loss/Recurrent Miscarriage/ Stillbirth Sept 2009

If you have found yourself in this forum you no doubt have had a painful journey. TTC after recurrent miscarriage/stillbirth or Late Loss takes special courage and support. The aim of this forum is to provide a place where women who have endured loss can share their stories, friendships, treatments and triumphs!

My greatest wish is that you all leave this forum with nice big fat positives in the shortest possible time!!!

I hope so much that this month is YOUR month.

If at any time you'd like to make a suggestion, or provide any constructive feedback for this forum, please contact one of your following moderators:

Fllowerchild
    Niliac
    MistyFying
    Alternately you may contact Kelly (however she may take a little longer to respond at times!).

Their email addresses can be found here.

We appreciate all your feedback as it does help to make our forums a much happier, relaxed place to chat! We will always take your comments seriously - all comments are treated confidentially...

You will find the previous thread HERE

Hi all, just popping in to check in on you all!

Samcougar, that is such a good surprise. Sounds like great timing too... you would have needed a pick me up. He must be a brilliant secret keeper. Good luck for this cycle. Looks like it's almost time for you to test?

Butterfly forever, sounds like you are trying everything! If it all gets too much you could just start with one. I started with temperature and mucous charting which helped heaps. I have a maybe baby too but I got pregnant the next cycle after I bought it and I couldn't really say it was because of that. More the charting I think. It seemed good though. Hope something works!! I've conceived twice on a good rating from fertility friend!

Chez, yay for DH wanting to wind his career back! That can only mean more support for you and enjoyment of life together. I love your DH's aunt's idea about the room. I hope she's right too
    Sorry you've been feeling down. I feel sad looking back at photos before Luca died too. Even my wedding photos which were taken 5 years ago. I think it's remembering the hope and faith we had that we'd live happily ever after. You just would never think that you could have a baby die.

Blessed at last, that sounds very promising about the OPK result and BD timing. I read Taite and Seth's story on their website the other day. I couldn't stop crying. And their photo is so beautiful.

AFM, bit anxious a lot of the time. It's just in the background waiting to pounce on me. 12 week scan next week. And only 5 weeks til I submit my masters Can't wait til I've finished and can relax about that at least!

xx Bec.

hi

thanks for that mummabec, hope I will conceive soon, but probably be here for a long haul. Glad the pregnancy is going well, good luck with the scan, and the masters, keep us posted.

Hello Girls

ButterflyForever- Hi and welcome, I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope your stay here is a short one

Chez- I'm sorry you got a BFN, but on the up side it sounds like your cycle is returning to normal. I hope you and your furbabies had a relaxing day on the couch and i hope your feeling better.

Blessed- I really hope you caught that little eggie I've had trouble gettling a positive with an OPK as well, I think i may need to use one everyday!

Beata- I'm glad things are going well. November 5 will (hopefully) come around quickly.

Bec- Thanks, I don't think he's such a good secret keeper, i think it may be that i'm a bit daft! lol, 12 weeks !! that's gone so quick! I hope everythink goes well with the scan

AFM 3 days till testing and i don't feel like i'm pg, but im really praying that we caught this one, I don't understand why it's taking so long to fall again, we never had any trouble with Riley. oh well time will tell!

lots and lots of to us all and lots of to our preggy mummas!!

my love to all

Hi ladies

Bec - best of luck with your scan next week. Wow, 12 weeks already! And well done on your Masters. It must be a great feeling to know you will have that out of the way to concentrate on your bub.

BF - hope you're doing ok and getting the support you need. How did your psych appointment go? I hope you have found someone you can talk to and feel comfortable with. I wouldn't say I am back to normal, but the psych did help me to return to normal life if that makes any sense.

Samcougar - not long now til testing. I hope you get your BFP this cycle

Beata -thanks for dropping by and giving us your support. Hope you're doing well.

to everyone else!

AFM, we did have a kind of relaxing day on Sunday watching some movies, none of which were very uplifting And I had to keep getting up to do the washing/drying. AF still hasn't arrived. Yesterday and today I find I am very bloated in the afternoon, and I am so very tired. I would like to think that the POAS I did last week was faulty so I might try again tomorrow morning if AF doesn't arrive. I really hope that I don't have another cycle that goes past 100 days. That would do my head in!

Anyway, take care all and sending lots of to everyone - we need another BFP in here!

oxo

Gosh it's quiet in here.... (Yawn) lol

No AF yet....

Yes is quiet.. Well, if my positive result for OPK was accurate this should mean AF is due in about 3 or 4 days.. I have had to hold myself back twice from buying the First response HPT.. The one that says it can detect a positive result 5 days before your period is due.. Grr.. I so want to test, but I so don't in case it's negative!! It's driving me nuts lol.. I am going to NSW to visit my family on Wed til Sunday, so I figure if AF still hasn't arrived when I get back I should test then!! At least when AF is here I don't drive myself crazy thinking i could be pregnant!! I was speaking to Mum and she suggested going to the pub for dinner and drinks when I am there and I had to remind her I am not drinking.. "There could be cells dividing as we speak" I told her!! Yes I a bit mad

Hope everyone else is going ok.. & for us all

Hi Girls,

Gosh it is quiet in here!

Samcougar, oh my gosh, I hope AF stays away for you for a long, long time!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, when will you test??? Or are you not resting? Very excited hun!

Cheryl, has AF arrived? well if it's dragging it's feet we will excuse it if it's planning to stay away for a few months! Thinking of you hun, take it easy.

Blessedatlast, I had a good giggle reading about the possibility of cells dividing at the pub! lol. Your poor mum, she was probably trying to make you feel better I so hope AF stays away for you too sweetie, how awesome would it be to get a few BFPs in here at the same time! Have a great time visiting your family

ButterflyForever, hope you're going OK hun, they say being positive and optomistic is a very powerful tool, but I also know it's hard to do sometimes. Wishing and hoping for you, your TCC journey is a very short one!

Girls, I'm spreading as much & as I can muster. I wish, hope and PRAY you'll all get your BFPs very very soon

B xxx

hi all,

Been offline as virus on computer, had to format it twice, still not sure its cured, so I may drop off the radar again.

Blessedatlast - really hoping for you hun.

Hope everyone else is well,

afm - 10dpo on a 26 day cycle at cd21 at the mo. Got no real symptoms, a few cramps and a mega bloated gut (and it's not too many Macca's), probably af round the corner.
    Feeling guilty at the moment, so exhausted with the grieving, feel like I've stepped back and am giving it the backseat now, am I concentrating too much on the ttc.
    Was so wrapped up in the grief at one point, now I get a stab of pain whenever anybody mentions my daughter.
    It's such a hard and lonely road,

Take care all,

ButterflyForever, grief is very much like that, all consuming, exhausting and sometimes it seems like it will never end. I felt that guilt too, not wanting to disrespect Joshua by wanting another baby so soon after I lost him. It is hard, but if you're finding it really difficult, perhaps wait a bit longer with TTC hun. You will feel heaps better when you are actually ready to take that step (not that that step is easy to take! it took months of therapy for me to take it).
    Thinking of you hun

B xxx

Hi lovely ladies

I hope you are all well. Have been lurking but not posting for awhile. Just been sorting things out, back to the FS last week who has asked me to go for a x-ray of my fallopian tubes and then will start clomid again. Happy to have a plan but am sick of waiting!

Just a quick one for now.

Take care
    xo

Hi Aries, it must be so frasturating to have all these small obsticles, but just remember, thay are only minor and your FS will have you back on track in no time. GL for your scan and I hope you're able to start your treatment soon xxx

Hi lovely ladies

Sorry for being MIA. After a very busy week at work and feeling so exhausted each night that I was in bed very early, we headed off to the NSW coast to stay with friends for the long weekend. My tiredness is because my iron levels are low, again (sigh). But hopefully I am back on track now with lots of rest, good food, iron tabs and new herbs from my TCH. AF still hasn't shown up and I did another HPT last week, still BFN. So imagine my surprise when I started producing lots of EWCM on Sunday night. Needless to say we are taking advantage of it! Saw my TCH today and she thinks my body has 'skipped' AF from last cycle and that I am onto a new cycle. This is likely because of my low iron levels - there just wasn't any lining of any significance to shed. So keep your fingers crossed for me as we enter the TWW!

Anyway, onto some persies...

Hi Aries. Glad to hear that you have a plan and I do so understand being sick of waiting. It seems like that is all we do in the this TTC journey... wait to ovulate, wait to test, wait for AF... Good luck with the plan and I hope you get a BFP soon.

ButterflyForever, I hope your computer problems are sorted out. They are so frustrating sometimes but where would we be without them? I hope you are doing better each day with your grieving. I have learnt that sometimes you just need to give in to it, and each time I did, the actual crying part got shorter and shorter. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself with TTC again. You will know when the time is right.

Blessedatlast, how are you? Did AF finally arrive? I hope you are enjoying your holiday with the family.

Samcougar, hi, how are things with you?

to Beata, Megan, Bec and anyone else who is lurking in this thread. Hope you are all doing well.

oxo

Well AF arrived this morning Good news is though the OPK must be accurate as I got it 15days after getting a +ve OPK result.. At least I know I must be ovualting.. Better luck next month hey.. I will start testing again day 9 same as I did last cycle.. I fly to Sydney today to see my Mum and brothers Yay.. On the bright side at least I can have a couple of wines with Mum

Butterfly forever - I totally get where you are coming from.. It took me a bit to come to terms with whether I should TTC again.. I wanted a baby, but I didn't want any baby you know, I wanted Taite and Seth.. I was worried if I did fall pregnant if I would feel different towards the baby.. I knew I would love it, but didn't want to have in my mind it was the 2nd best baby, we only had you cos Taite and Seth died, kind of thoughts.. I don't know if that makes sense to you or not, but thats how I felt.. I feel I am over that though now.. All takes time..

Chez - for this cycle

And hello to everyone else.. I am hopeless with personals, I have trouble remembering what everyone has said!! lots of for everyone.. I am going to get ready, I have TAFE for 2hrs today before I have to leave for airport..

hi thanks

Beata70 - thanks, but time is running out for me, wrong side of 38 now, so not too long of waiting left.

Aries - hope you get some answers.

Chez67 - hope this is happening for you right now hope you caught the elusive eggie.

Blessed - sorry about af, hate that time nearing, but I prefer to see that than a bfn, hope this next month is it for you. I know exactly what you mean, my daughter was so perfect, and it was so cruel that she died through no fault but bad luck and medicine. I just want her, not a new baby, but now the way I am looking at it is, if I do manage to have another little miracle, it will be special, it wouldn't be here, if it wasn't for the events in the past, it will be very much loved.

afm - cd25/14dpo on a 26 day cycle, so either af to arrive or poas on Saturday, but my chart isn't looking great and got no symptoms of either af or preg, so not very optimistic.

Take care all,

OMG!!! I might be off the TTC bandwagon for another 18 or so months..

Reason is this: I have just been advised that from the Aged Care course I am doing we can get direct entry to doing Endorsed Enrolled Nursing, which would mean I wouldn't have to apply through QTAC and sit STAT tests etc..

Which is great news, but the condition is I would have to start next semester.. I don't have long to think about it and it is such a big decision.. The course is like $6000 so it means if I got pregnant or if I didn't like it, it would be a lot of money to waste.. So if I choose to go for it Baby plans definitely have to be put on hold..

I have no clue what the right thing is to do.. Maybe thats why AF came this month?? I am seeing a psychic on Sunday, I am not heavily into them, but it would be interesting to see what she says.. Decision time.. I just don't want to make the wrong one.. Another 18months of full time study and I would have to work as well.. I don't think I can expect DP to support me for another 18months.. (I would feel different if we had kids) Anyway, I am rambling and I have mixed feelings.. I think I have to go for it though.. If I don't I may never get into nursing.. This is scary!!! If you got through all this reading you are great!! I tried to paragraph it to make it easier to read

Hi everyone

Blessedatlast - what an exciting time for you with a great opportunity to do nursing, which I am assuming you have been interested in for a while? Try not to let TTC take over your life. You have to try look at things outside of TTC, otherwise you will likely go mad. Good luck with whatever decision you have made.

ButterflyForever - I hope AF hasn't arrived for you. Have you worked up the courage to POAS yet? Sending you lots of And don't stress about age. I have friends who have had babies into their early 40s. One tried IVF several times and fell pg naturally at 44.

AFM, had another very busy week with travel as well. I was so tired I went to bed at 8pm on Friday night and didn't wake up until 11am Saturday morning. Wow - I was tired! Spent the day on the couch watching DVDs and generally being a couch potato. So today I have washing and ironing to do, and a job app as well :-(

Another week until AF arrives or I POAS again. I saw a friend last weekend who is not really a psychic but is sensitive to other people IYKWIM. Anyway, she says that I should feel honoured that Ryan came into our lives and left so quickly, and that some spirits do not have a long 'contract' of life and that we were chosen because we were strong enough to deal with the loss of him leaving. She believes that we will be pg again within 6 months because I still need time to heal, and that that pg will be our baby that we hold in our arms. I really hope she is right.

Anyway, time for some more washing. to all.

oxo

hi all

Blessed - what a great opportunity, think long and hard about what you want to do.

Chez - hope this is your month.

afm - af arrived, so on cd3 now, going to try EPO this month.

take care all,

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast