Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth/Late Loss

Default TTC after Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth/Late Loss

If you have found yourself in this forum you no doubt have had a painful journey. TTC after recurrent miscarriage/stillbirth or Late Loss takes special courage and support. The aim of this forum is to provide a place where women who have endured loss can share their stories, friendships, treatments and triumphs!

My greatest wish is that you all leave this forum with nice big fat positives in the shortest possible time!!!

I hope so much that this month is YOUR month for a

If at any time you'd like to make a suggestion, or provide any constructive feedback for this forum, please contact one of your following moderators:

Cailin - [email protected] Admin
    Flowerchild ~ [email protected]
    Tiggy - [email protected]

or alternately you may contact Kelly at [email protected] (however she may take a little longer to respond at times!).

We appreciate all your feedback as it does help to make our forums a much happier, relaxed place to chat! We will always take your comments seriously - all comments are treated confidentially...You will find the previous thread HERE

Last edited by Inanna; August 27th, 2007 at 05:13 PM.

Just marking my spot.. after a lovely day of 21C it is now getting cold. How do you all keep occupied in the 2WW?

Mel I hope you are one of the lucky ones who get their BFP on their very first round of IVF

Have a good evening girls
    Judy

Default still me

hello, its till me. the comp i am using is a bit slower and is annoying me...sorry i will continue....

JO I am sorry to hear about your dh's uncle, i hope that your family also show some respect for your little Storm,for those of them MIL hasn't told, it might be time...BIG hUGS If its not too late, blow her a kiss from me.

LAURA>> I am sure i speak for everyone when i say that you are free to do what you please in here, we are all supportive of you and that is what we are here for. GROUP HUG It is nice to see so many women putting themselves out there and trying again so soon. i hope that you can start your journey soon, and that it all goes well for you. I know how bad days can get, and they do take time to pass, i can only say the cloud does lift, sometimes just for a day, and even if it feels like it is always hovering waiting to rain down on you, one day the sun will shine again and you will feel different, not better, not all fixed, just different and accepting. But it takes time and each to their own, but just know we are all here for you when ever or however you need. Thats just what we do.

Mel.. i know you are lurking, it was really nice to have you there for me on saturday,Thankyou. i am so sorry that our weekends may have ended differently... i think you will do really well with the IVF, please keep us posted, i dont really know the whole routine of what you are doing, just that you are starting. What is involved?? And i hope everything else in your life is sorting itself out- get thosae boxes unpacking themselves!! I will still be up for the visit and clean out if ya want!! Big hugs to you and babydust and love. I will be sending your package tomorrow... it should get there in time.

JO how are things in your world??? Have you had any sleep??? I am crossing everything for you!! Literally- my DH isn't allowed back " in " until i get confirmation and then he has to take it easy!!! So after a month of me pestering him everyday, the tap has been turned off!!!!! Watch out!!

KLee i will try to message you tomorrow- boss is getting abit watchy of me while i am working, so that is why i disapear- and then this silly comp didn't keep me logged in...... Not to worry, i will manage to find a way to get to you somehow!! You cant get rid of me that easy!! LOL I WILL DISTRACT YOU!!!
    Also... i was thinking of asking you about some sort of sketch of darren, something you could do, but not exactly of the way he was, i will explain more detail another time, but i will think.

Goodnight sll, i am home to keep waiting.
    Thank you sll for your support (especially mel) over this horrible wait, i hope to have some definate news soon.

Love to all!!
    xoxox

Well i am going to head ho

Wow it has been busy in here

I just wanted to say Starbright I have every little bit of me crossed that you get a BFP so soon. It is so frustrating when AF hasn't arrived and you still don't have a BFP but remember, the most clear pregnancy symptom is no AF. I can't wait to hear your wonderful news girl.

Mel: Oh babe, if I could I would walk to the ends of the earth to get you a BFP but I can't so instead I'll do all I can and that is support you and be your friend through your IVF. It isn't fair that you have to go down this path, but at the end of the day, when you take home your darling little baby, it will all be so worth it.

Big love to everyone else.

Lv Spring

Starbright - you must have got confused! I haven't said what gender *Hope* is. I have just continued using the name because that is what I know it by. I am so hard that you get your bfp. Good luck with your bt. I reckon that is the sure guarantee that you are UTD!!!! Good luck babe!

Judy - I am so scared about the cord and what it is doing I do try not to think about it because I just start thinking the worse. I am seriously thinking about getting a doppler, perhaps from 30 weeks. I am going to talk to my ob about it next time I see him. Like you I can even see me getting past each week. I just concentrate on Tuesdays and once one has gone I concentrate on the next. I don't and can't look any further ahead. Thank you so much for the suggestion of videoing the movements. That is a great idea. Because I am having weekly scans I am getting photos each week and it is incredible how much they grow week to week. I cherish these photos so much. I hope the 2ww is short and sweet for you. I have everything crossed for you that you will receive wonderful news at the end of the wait

Klee - how are you going babe? I hope the wicked witch is treating you ok.

Mel - I think I said it all to you yesterday but here is another one

howdy everyone.
    Starbright- how desperately stressful for you. i am sending my best hopes out to you, dear. i hope you can stay busy enough to keep from going crazy! yes, i am trying hard to keep the pregnancies separate, but it is a challenge. i still feel Yeti near me, unlike before, so i'm so sure he's happy for his family. that helps so much. little peanut's due date is a month after Yeti's so i'll have to cross that bridge when i get to it. i'm sure Darren will be looking out for you too. my spotting sounds very similar to yours. i had some on tuesday am and wednesday am (when af was due). it was just a little blood in my underware and some on the paper on tuesday. then nothing. i waited until the following tuesday to test, because with Yeti i got several negatives and didn't get a positive until one week after af was due. i guess that's just how my body and pregnancy hormones works. maybe yours does too??!! like Spring said, no af is a darn good sign!
    Klee- the positive outlook sounds like a great idea. hopefully the witty banter here helps keep you positive! it does seem like just the thing to give your body a hint of the right direction.
    Mel- good luck with the IVF, i'm not sure what it involves other than lots of doctors. i hope it isn't too painful a journey, and that it ends soon in a bfp!
    Lynn- i was wondering how you are dealing with the cord fears. my midwife suggested she could give me a doppler, although she made me promise not to wear it like an ipod all day. lol. week to week sounds like the only way. my sister in law (a pediatrician) told me that scans with high-risk obs can tell if the cord is in a dangerous place. is that what you get done each week?

Lynn- i just noticed your mood says in pain, has your back eased up at all? what a bummer, girl.

Hi all,

not here long, not feeling the best mentally at the moment, but I just want to say fingers crossed starbright!!!!! & good luck Mel with the IVF (by the way, hope you get back in here soon, we miss you!)

Lynn - Happy 9 month B'day little Cooper

lynn - happy 9 months for Cooper, big hugs to you and dh and belly rubs to *hope*

jo - sorry your down today, big hugs to you

am a little down myself today, i've had an allergic reaction to something and am all spotty and puffy, dh is trying to keep my spirits up by calling me koala or dalmation, although the itchyness is getting to me.
    the positive thinking has gone out the window for the day and besides some days its easier to believe that the whole world is against you. i have to pull myself up and out though as its dp's birthday this week and I know how hard its going to be for him, i want to be his strength for a change.
    Last edited by klee; August 28th, 2007 at 11:57 AM.

When you feel down think different. sounds weird I know and I am quite good at digging msyelf into a hole.. but yesterday reading thru the latest TV Week magazine I saw the most gorgeous pendant. ( I don't wear any jewellry at all. I have a phobia and can't even stand to touch it let alone wear it)
    Anyway the pendant is a heart shape with Eeyore hanging upside down and around the edge is engraved something like "some days are just meant to look better upside down"
    (I love Eeyore)
    Klee can you take phenergan or anything ike that for the allergy? Phenergan does tend to make people sleepy though. If it gets to bad you can ask at the chemist.
    Starbright .. hoping to hear good news from you in the next day or two but to be almost a week late for AF, you just gotta be UTD lol.
    hugs
    Judy
    Last edited by angelicdragon; August 28th, 2007 at 11:03 AM. Reason: lots of typos

Thanx lovely ladies!!!]
    I think i am just trying to hold onto my denial so i dont have to think about the next 9 months....
    I am off to the dr now- feeling very positive and very pregnant. Yes, that funny taste in the mouth is there all the time now and in the evenings i am feeling my usual sick but not sick enough to be throwing up sick that i recognise. And my mornings are fine. I am a but backwards. No morning sickness here- my hubby gets that (he has been sick the last 4 mornings) and i get it at night.

KLEE and MEL my dears, thank you both for being there for me, i know it must be hard, and to be honest i truly thought it would be all of our months. Now that Jo's DP is getting sorted out, the three of you girls can go for gold this month!!! I am sending all my good luck vibes!!!!!
    **** i better go or im gonna miss my appt.

BYE FOR NOW!!!!!!

goodluck starbright!!!! Have everthing crossed for you!

Klee - hope the itchys go soon hun!

Starbright: Sending you all the vibes I can muster.

Lv Spring

Well, i got another faint positive, the dr wasn't too convinced though as it took a while to come up and he did say that sometimes if the test is left to dry up a line will appear where the positive line should be,(sound familiar?) he gave me a blood test thing and for some reason he put that i wanted my glucose level and i need to fast for that, and the lady wouldn't do the test with out doing that, so i have to wait for the morning and then i can have the blood test and will know for sure by thursday.
    My friend came with me to the drs, and was waiting eagerly for me, when i said i still only got a faint line she said, "dont worry Kat, you are pregnant, and this little hic up of limbo is the only trouble you will have" I hope so, i really do.

I am just so scared that it will be another missed miscarrage/not really pregnant type thing happenening. I think i was ok when i got preg with Zahra because i wasn't keeping any track of dates and it was only when i started to feel really pregnant that i tested and so it was ok- but now, i am just not sure. I hate this. I do feel pregnant- but if i feel it, and i am now nearly a week late, surely my tests would be showing it more clearly by now.
    The only other thing i can think of is that i od late in my cycle and we got pregnant late in the cycle, so it may still be very early days. Every other time i have been pregnant and tested the line came up right away very dark- so i am so very confused and at a loss as to how to feel or what to do. I dont want to get excited and i dont want to not be excited if i am.

I feel almost like the world is trying to scare me into not doing this. Dont worry its not going to work- but i feel like i am already stressing out un neccesarily (sorry i cant spell) and i am probably making more of a deal out of not knowing then i need to. I think maybe it is good practice and i am preparing myself for the next 8-9 months of the limbo of whether i will bring this baby home. And by the way i am acting now- i need the practice. I loose patience with other people and myself and i am constantly thinking about it. And i cant stop telling people!!!!!
    I have had two people actually ask me out of the blue if i am pregnant again and i had to say yes i might be. I am not scared of telling the people around me everyday because they are all aware of my struggle (not the blow ins who keep coming in but the true locals here, my extended family) and i feel that they need to know as soon as possible to understand why i am suddenly not going to be helping out in the kitchen or bar at all (which they would only assume was because i was pregnant anyway) and i dont want to seem rude if i am having a bad day- so they need to know where i am at. And also if the worst does happen at any stage i would want them to already know, not just find out because i had another miscarrage.
    As for my loving (HAHAHA) family, i will not be telling them (except my mum, she already knows) and i will be interested to see how long it takes before one of them actually knocks on my door to see me, and then i will tell them when i have a huge belly poking out in front. Until then they dont need to know.
    well i am in a bit of a crazy mood. i am all over the place. I think i need some relaxation techniques. Breathe katti breathe.
    I just need to take each day as it comes, and everyday without AF is a good sign, faint lines are good signs and my gut feeling that i am pregnant is a good sign. if you ask my hubby, my shortness of patience, snappy attitude and then immidiate appology is a good sign.

Maybe i need to concentrate on something else for a while.... good luck with that i tell myself.

Thankyou to everyone who is anxiously waiting with me, i know you are all feeling my frustration too.

As usual, i will keep you all posted.

Love Crazy crazy freaking out me xoxoxox

Dear Crazy Freakin out Starbright.

Now let me tell you hun,

A line is a line no matter how faint it is. With Harry, I didn't get a true positive until about 1 week after AF was due. You are right, you may have o'd later in your cycle. Did the Dr test with FMU or during the day? You never know, it could be because your urnie was diluted that you didn't get a strong line. The other thing is that remember AF isn't here and that is the best sign.

I can imagine how frustatred you must be and that waiting for the BT is going to seem like it is taking forever, but I am certain honey that tomorrow we will be celebrating another BFP.

Take care
    Lv Spring

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast