12345 ...

thread: TTC after Stillbirth/ Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after 1st Trimester June 07 #1

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2006

Hey everyone

Mel - how are you babe? I have been thinking about you all weekend I hope you are doing ok. Did you have the kids this weekend? I hope you have had a nice weekend with DH. And of course we all understand how you are feeling because we have all been there ourselves. You will have a great appointment on Thursday with FS and then you will be one step closer to that magical bfp And of course you can be Aunty Mel

Nat - your DS is just beautiful (he must follow in his mother's footsteps ) That is beautiful that he looked for Cooper in the sky. That means so much to me. I look into the sky every night. I'm with you on the losing weight but I guess I am too late now.

Klee - hope you enjoyed your night last night with Mel. That is great that you guys caught up. You two will be UTD together next month

Bailey - yes you are right, we will have to stick together and work through our fears together. I have decided that we are going to be bringing these bubs home!! They will be a week apart - how exciting! How are you feeling? Sounds like a bit of m/s kicked in - that is great

Hi to everyone else - hope you are having a great Sunday!

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2006
    Sydney

Hi Gals,

Flowerchild - Thanks for the advice, though with the hypnobirthing, would that be any help to me if I will more than likely have cesarean? I doubt I am woman enough for a
    VBA2C But then again, do you know of anyone that has achieved VBA2C? Just a thought....

No real MS today, though have been really tired all day. DH has cooked spagbol which he seems to think is his culinary specialty, but I think that he only makes it as he can buy a red wine to put in it and drink the rest. Lol. I will be back in later.

Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?

Bailey it would be beneficial whatever birth you want... And yes I have seen a vbac after 2 c/sections go very beautifully... The hypnobirthing really helps you to engage other ways of dealing with anxiety, pain, discomfort, fear etc other than stressing! So, it's especially helpful for women like us on this tough trip... Usually you will get a cd to take home that you can use each day... It's worth looking into if you feel it is something that may appeal to you...

I am off to make nachos - my spicy fetish continues. Although I have hellish indigestion right now so not sure its a good idea...

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2006
    home sweet home.

I'm back and so I am just so happy with all the wonderful news.

I have read every post but it is just too hard to catch up so I'll just do a quick post for now.

Mel: :hugs: all I can say is the way you feel is totally natural and I would feel exactly the same way.

Lynn: Whoo Bloddy Hoooo I was just so very happy for you after hearing about your wonderful news. I love the ticker to, I know that Hope is coming home with you.

Deb: That is wonderful news that Col is growing beautifully, I feel so much more relaxed now that I know as I was wondering all weekend.

Well my time with DH was so nice. I am just so proud of him, I know how hard he has worked for this and I just felt like I couldn't be prouder. . After his graduation he introduced me to Commissioner Keelty. First thing the Commissioner asks me, when you are expecting, is this your first? Well I decided it wasn't time to start balling infront of The Commissioner so I said yes this is my first child. Then as soon as I was finished talking to him both DH and I appologised to Harry. I felt really bad but I think it was the best way to deal with the situation. I am sure Harry will forgive me. So only 5 sleeps until DH is home, I can't wait.

I am so exhausted so time to do some washing and throw together something for tea

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2006

Hi Girls,

Spring - Welcome back, glad you had a nice weekend with DH. Dont feel bad or that you betrayed Harry by saying lil Spring is your first With temping I have been doing that to Nicholas with heaps of people and I do sometimes feel guilty, but the fact is that I need to do what I have to get through the days and you are right, it probably wasnt the time. Harry will understand, he knows how much you love him and he also knows that it is a difficult situation. Wow only 5 sleeps, the last few days will drag!!!

Lynn - How you feeling? Are you still feeling in shock? I have been thinking about you all weekend too and I am just so happy for you, I told my mum tonight that you are UTD (you know how it is, I talk to everyone about you girls) and my mum was so excited LOL. She doesnt even know you but her reaction was amazing - I thought sheez I cant wait to see how excited she gets when its me Oh and I also love your ticker, so cute and colour! No kids this weekend, we have them the next 2 weekends though and strangely I am looking forward to seeing them.

Deb - Nachos... mmmmmmmmmm (she says drooling in a homer-ish way) my fave! Thursday is my "post coit" test I am really going to try to push him into IUI regardless of the results. He says if they swim well in CM IUI will not be all that helpful (not sure why but thats what he said) but I think surely it is worth a go anyway!

Bailey - LOL @ DH with the wine - cant really blame him huh? Besides we all know your only picking on him cause you cant have any

Klee - Thanks again, it was really nice catching up... I am not sure if you will be on before you go away but if you are have the best time (im sooooo jealous!), and travel safely

Hi to everyone else.

Well I have had a pretty good weekend which is pretty nice for a change, they dont happen all that often so I will take them when I can. DH and I have decided that we are going to take our nursery down We had left it the way it was with the hope of getting pregnant straight away but as always in life things dont go according to plan, so we are going to put everything away. We also decided that seeing as we will find out the sex of the next baby we will set it up to be either a girls or boys nursery, whereas its a neutral nursery at the moment. I dont know when we will do it but I think it is going to be hard, there will most likely be tears, but I think we need to do it.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday night - it's Monday tomorrow... oooh that was harsh huh? Sorry!

Love Mel

P.S. Michelle - OMG your ticker is flying, although I bet it doesnt seem so to you. You dont pop in here very often so just in case we dont hear from you before Alf makes his entrance into the big wide world, all the best with everything.

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2005
    NSW/VIC Border

Hey all,

Lynn - Huge Congrats! YAY!

Hi to everyone else? How is everyone?
    Been hectic here for the last few days.
    Well i don't think we are pregnant this month, all the usual AF symptom are showing up
    still 4 days till it's due though so i am wrong!
    I am so afraid it's going to take 14mths to conceive again or that it will never happen!
    I'll be back later to do some personals!

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2006

Mel - I'm glad that you had a good weekend with DH. I can understand taking the nursery down. I have not been in my nursery for months now. It is just too painful. I just keep the door closed and walk past it like there is nothing there. We have some drawers that DH was sanding back and re-staining so it would be the same colour as the cot and change table and he never finished it before Cooper was born. He has some of the drawers in the shed that he has sanded back but the unit is sitting in our rumpus doing nothing. DH said to me yesterday that he is going to start working on it again. I said well at least you have a deadline now.
    I am feeling ok. I am in a weird place at the moment though. I have been told that I am pg but I don't feel it. I guess once I have had my 7 week scan and I see a heartbeat I will believe it. It just doesn't feel real yet. That is so cute of your mum to get excited about me. Your turn is very very soon
    I am happy with this ticker. I really wanted it to reflect Cooper as well. So when I found some stars, I thought that would be perfect.

Jo - thanks Jo. Fingers crossed for you that this is your month! I can understand the fear of TTC taking forever. When we started TTC after Cooper, I said to DH, I can't do this for 2 years again. It took us 5 months but this time we had a plan and the dr knew the problem and could treat it. The 5 months to conceive this time felt longer than the 2 years. I hope so much that you fall very very soon.

Spring - I'm so glad that you had a nice weekend with DH. Wow 5 sleeps to go - that will fly by! I can't believe that is all. I bet Frank and Vinnie are excited too!!!! Harry will understand why you said that lil Spring is your first. We all have to do what is right for us at the time and to sometimes protect ourselves. You did what was best and protected your emotions. When are you having another scan? How are the movements going?

Deb - can I ask a dumb question? What is NLP?

Bailey - how are you feeling? How is the m/s going?

Tommysmum - I hope your m/s has eased off a bit.

Klee - when do you go on your big trip. From Mel's post it must be soon. Have a fantastic time. I hope you can pop in before you leave.

Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?

Neuro linguistic programming Lynn...

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2006

Thanks Deb

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2007
    Surrounded by kookaburra's laughing

mel - thanks so much to you and DH for saturday night, it was so good to sit and chat and not be thinking that you are being judged for what you are saying. it felt so comfortable just being around you two, it wasn't just the two margaritas! lol. i just wanted to say also how much I loved Nicholas' hand and foot casts.
    well i will do personals later, but yes its very soon am heading off on thursday, its all very last minute we only had it confirmed on thursday. its works out quite well as we'll be celebrating my birthday whilst over there. I will try and check in from day to day but please if there is any news about anything lynn or mel you will have to email me separately. still feeling a little guilty about the whole trip as i doubt it would have been offered had Phoebe made it.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2006

Klee - regardless of why they asked you to go on the trip, I think you should enjoy it. Don't feel guilty, think of it as your last big holiday for a while because when you get back I hope you announce your bfp! That is great that you will be celebrating your birthday while away. Have you planned anything special? Will you be with family at that stage? I will definitely email you if there is any news

Mel - you didn't Klee hooked on those margaritas did you?!?!?!?! LOL!!!! I will definitely be having a celebratory margarita with you next year when we are holding our bubbas in our arms (after expressing of course! )

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2007
    Surrounded by kookaburra's laughing

no nothing planned for it, dp and i might be apart for the actual day, but thats okay because i will be with my sister and her girls on the day.
    lynn - i have to tell you, that was my first drink since may/june last year, i fell off the wagon, or should i say mel pushed me!, just kidding

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2006

LOL!!!! that sounds like me. A few months ago DH took me out to dinner and he ordered me a glass a wine. I was only half way through it and I felt so light headed!!!! I hadn't had a drink since March last year so I guess my body was not used. I couldn't stop laughing at how quickly it had effected me and DH said that was it, no more drinking for me!!!
    Last edited by Lynn; June 4th, 2007 at 03:44 PM. : can't spell!!!!

Jan 2006
    Sydney

Thanks Mel I am a regular lurker, just not poster!!! The countdown is on ......

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2006

Hi Girls - Just typed everything and lost it and now I dont know if I can remember everything I wrote, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Klee - It is true I pushed you off the wagon, but I am sorry, it had to be done I am glad you guys felt comfy and had a nice time. Next time we will have to skip the margaritas though cause we will both be UTD I agree with Lynn, whatever reason they are sending you o/s just go with it. Like I said to you on Saturday, even if they are sending you because of Phoebe I dont think for one second they would even bother if you werent a valued employee. Whatever the reasons it will be good for you guys to see your family and also its hard when your birthday comes around, at least I know some of us girls have found it hard, so it might be nice for you to have that distraction of being away. What date is your birthday? I will have to send you a message, thats if you have international roaming on your phone but if not email will do.

Lynn - Its not me that got Klee hooked, its that the guy at the restaurant makes them so darn good The drawers will be a good distraction for DH while waiting for Hope's arrival. I dont blame you for not feeling UTD yet, its almost like yeah ok Ill take your word for it LOL. But you are, and you will holding him/her in your arms before you know it Also another reason we are thinking of taking the nursery down is cause we are thinking of moving in August when our lease is up to a 4 bedroom house so we will have to take it down then anyway. And who knows maybe we are jinxing ourselves! We have decided we are not going to use the same Sesame Street wall decorations we had, we are going to give them away if anyone wants them and other than that maybe just put them in a cupboard or something. DH said that his mate and his wife (you know the ones) might want them but I am not sure how I feel about giving Nicholas' things to them!

Bailey - How is Faith treating you? M/S still threatening to set in? Oh and thanks for the article, I got it today.

Jo - Dont give up just yet, there is still 4 more days to go. I have everything crossed for you.

Spring - Actually you would be a good person to advise us on the nursery situation. I know you had to pack up your nursery when you moved, and didnt set it up again when you moved in where you are. How did you cope with that? In your opinion is it a good thing to pack it up or would you have coped better all this time with it there? I keep wondering what if it is too scary to set it up again when the time comes. I said to DH that to pack it all up just seems so final and he just gave me a big hug and said but Mel it is final, he isnt coming back

Hi to everyone else.

Not much from me tonight, except that I love this finishing at 3pm business its great. Oh and I am having an early night tonight. Had trouble sleeping last night, last time I checked the clock it was 3.41am! And then at about 5am I was woken up by DH HEADBUTTING ME!!!!! He was trying to cuddle up to me (apparently ) and misjudged and headbutted me right on the bridge of my nose... what the...???? I am starting to think I am a battered wife and just dont know it - will be sleeping with one eye open tonight let me tell you LOL.

Ciao for now, Mel

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2006
    Canberra

Hiya
    Glad to hear you are all doing well - I just wanted to say that we packed our nursery up the day I got home from the hospital and we have put it all into storage. We found that everything was so difficult that we wanted to get it all done straight away so that we could start to grieve without a constant reminder of what should have been.

I found that I too could not walk past the room without remembering what it looked like inside so we bought new furniture (single bed, bedside table, etc.) and have it set up as a spare room. Not sure if this helped, but we found it was the thing to do for us.

Spring - hope you had a good time in Canberra and that it was not too cold for you. Let me know if you saw a good meeting place between sydney and canberra.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2006
    Sydney

Hi girls,

Mel - I had not yet had a chance to set up the room for Asha, we were renovating (our house was only 2 bedrooms and with her on the way we needed a new room) so I am glad in away that I didn't have to pack anything up. But a few weeks ago I found a huge bag of baby stuff that we had started buying for her. there was a little set of baby pj's I had bought when we had just found out we were pregnant that say 'Daddy loves me' all over them, and that made me really sad. I put them away for just her, I wouldn't use them again, but finding them kind of felt final too. I know what you mean. I cannot imagine how hard it would be. Maybe store his things instead of giving them away, because I think it would be hard to use for your next baby, but maybe it will be easier for the one after?? I am not sure. It would be hard if you gave them away and then regretted it.

Lynn - Proper MS this morning, even gagged a few times And sore (o)'s too today! Ouch! What about you? I have a docs appointment just with my GP next week and she will probably send me for a scan. NLP is a thing where they can sort of train your brain to think about things differently. It kind of sounds a little out there, but it worked for me when I had trouble sleeping when I was pregnant with Asha. it teaches you to think of something pleasant (i think they call it an anchor) when you are stressed or anxious. I am probably a little of the mark, but it is along those lines anyway. I am going to start it as soon as I have told everyone about being UTD, so I will let you know if it helps.

Spring - Nice to have you back. Only a few more days til DH back....how are you going to handle having to share the remote?

Klee - I hope you and Mel had a great time out on the turp's cos hopefully that will be the last drink you two will be able to have for a while. Where are you off to?

JLK - Hey, don't give up yet, I was convinced AF was coming. The symptoms are all so similar. It ain't over yet. Fingers crossed for you.

Flowerchild - I am so into Mexican too at the moment....mmmmmmmm. I might look into hypnobirthing too. I just want to give myself every chance to feel relaxed and secure. I just don't know how I am going to make it otherwise.

Hello to everyone else too

Well as I said above, I am starting to feel sick..woo hoo. I have never been so happy to be dry retching with my head in the toilet bowl. Yay. I want to tell my mum so much, but I am too scared that something will happen and I will worry her. She has been so amazing since we lost Asha, doing everything for us and she is still so upset about it all, I just don;t want her to worry knowing that I am worried IYKWIM. I think I will wait til I have a scan.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2006
    Sydney

Mel - I forgot to add, you need to get to bed and rest over the next few days as you will be very busy on wednesday night

12345 ...