Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Stillbirth/ Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after 1st Trimester June 07 #3

Default TTC after Stillbirth/ Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after 1st Trimester June 07 #3

If you have found yourself in this forum you no doubt have had a painful journey. TTC after recurrent miscarriage/stillbirth or Late Loss takes special courage and support. The aim of this forum is to provide a place where women who have endured loss can share their stories, friendships, treatments and triumphs!

My greatest wish is that you all leave this forum with nice big fat positives in the shortest possible time!!!

I hope so much that this month is YOUR month for a

If at any time you'd like to make a suggestion, or provide any constructive feedback for this forum, please contact one of your following moderators:

Cailin - [email protected] Admin
    Flowerchild ~ [email protected]
    Tiggy - [email protected]

or alternately you may contact Kelly at [email protected] (however she may take a little longer to respond at times!).

We appreciate all your feedback as it does help to make our forums a much happier, relaxed place to chat! We will always take your comments seriously - all comments are treated confidentially...
    You will find the previous thread HERE

hi again ladies, haven't had chance to do catch ups yet, will try and do today.
    gks - mel said you guys were catching up, would love to have been back to make it, maybe we can do sometime soon. congrats on starting to ttc, we are at the same stage, this month dp and i now are pro-actively trying rather than the nature taking its course.
    mel - hope you are feeling a little better today, that witch is really being a cow to you this month. will be thinking of you on thursday hoping they can give you some answers. i was going to ask whether you were still going to remembrance day on friday but i guess it would be dependent on thursday.
    lynn - good to hear hope is beating strong. hugs to you hon
    hi to everyone else, lol on the vanilla ice "too cold, too cold"

Morning all,

Lynn- Glad to hear all is well with 'Hope'

Deb - Just read in the other thread that all is well with 'Col'

Susan - welcome, I am so sorry for your loss!

Mel - Hope you don't get sick before thursday!

AuntieM - You watched the Castle I promise we aren't all like that! LOL!

How is everyone else?

I'm now onto the TWW, hopefully this month there will be a but i'm not gona hold my breath, DH will be going back to the dr in about 3 weeks.
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts for my brother, he is coping pretty well at the moment, but I can't help but think that I might hit him at a later time

Good Morning Ladies,

JLK - Crossing everything for you that this is your month. I hate the 2ww, lol. It's too stressful. And hey, don't lie to Aunty M, we are ALL just like that lol.

GKS - Congrat's on being 'official' and I hope that this is your month. It's great that you have an appointment with Mel's OB and things are starting to roll. Thanks for noticing my ticker, yep, the little baby is almost behind the sign now..woo hoo.

Aunty M - Nebraska sounds like it was fun, but yes, it really does sound very exotic to us down under. As I said, we usually say we're driving up or down the coast for the weekend, and that usually means packing the car and staying in a caravan park for a few days. Lol, The Castle is great isn't it? I work with quite a few Americans and alot of them don't 'get' the humour in it, I thought is was very Australian in it's humour, so am surprised when people from other countries find it funny. But really, no, we aren't all exactly like that, but there is probably a little bit of Kerrigan in all of us It is true that while you will never be the same person you were before losing your precious Yeti (I Love that name, it's so cute) but you will be able to laugh properly again without feeling so bad about it.

Hello to everyone else too.

Well another rainy day in Sydney today. Not fun with a 3 year old who is bursting to get outside. Looks like I will have to sit through more TMNT today

britkane8 Guest

hi girls thankyou for welcoming me here you all sound like a nice bunch. yes i am hoping that ttc is going to be the shortest part of all this the sooner the better.
    i hope all you girls are feeling great and have a good day i will catch up with you all a little later on in the day as im feeling sick today so im going to go have a nap before i get the kids from day care. take care

love susan

jlk - good luck in your tww, i pray this is your month. i just read about your brother, i'm so sorry he had to witness such an event, i hope he is doing okay.
    bailey - just wanted to ask i saw on another post that you used OPK's, did you just use the ones off the lullabye website?
    we've decided to get some help on this ttc, we were hoping to just time it right but my cycles in the past few months have been out of whack not by much but still, kind of funny, NOT, only when we decided to ttc did they decide to change, having had two 28 day cycles, the last two have been 32 and 26. anyway ...

Klee - I used OPK's that I got really cheap online, but not from Lullaby. Mel actually recomended them. Maybe just email her and get the website, as I am not sure I can post it on here. Anyway, they were really cheap, I think about $20 for 50 or something similar. I know that the chemist ones are about $13 for 5, which was useless for me as my cycles were messed up when they came back. I had a 34 then 36 and then 44, so I wanted to use them as I had no idea when I was ovulating. It's hard isn't it when you are not sure what your body is doing. I also did the temping as well so that I could see when I had ovulated, so maybe do the Fertility Friend chart to keep a record. It's a bit confusing at first, but after a couple of days I got the hang of it, and it is a good way of keeping a record. Good Luck.

bailey thanks for that, i've got to email mel anyway so i will ask. have seen a lot of people use fertility friend so yeah i will try that also. think my body is out of whack from the time difference and stuff anyway, so any kind of help like opk's and temperature checking would probably only benefit anyway. sorry i'm a little confused today, have been reading my work, emails and texts wrong, think the jetlags finally hitting me.

Hi again
    Klee it would be GREAT if we could all catch up some time - there's nothing more normal for me at the moment than the time I spend talking with you girls in BB! Congratulations for you and the TTC decision. The hard bit for me was emotionally letting myself want it again - I found some self protection (momentarily) in pretending it didn't matter anymore. LOL as if!
    I've just got back from the naturopath/irridologist I am seeing to help me rebalance my hormones, deal with the grief over loosing Alfie and to help deal with the grief should it never happen again. She told me my reproduction system still wasn't functioning at all at the moment because I'm still holding onto everything so tightly (DAH - putting on 10kgs since last Oct should have given me a hint). So we are starting the TTC journey with a bit of balancing of the hormones. Unfortunately she says part of my problem is that I'm trying to fill a void with a baby - instead of letting the baby come when it's ready for its own reasons - to be honest my nasty side says of course I have a void -we've been TTC for four years now! She believes that I have to strengthen my spirit/soul independently of a future child. - Buggar more work for me - I was kinda hoping she'd just give me a pregnancy/weight loss potion and send me on my way.
    Re ovulation I've used the Maybe Baby one - it's the one where you put a bit of spit (sorry saliva) on the end of a tube and look at the pattern it forms - to be honest I got very confused and couldn't really tell the difference between the ovulating result and the not ovulating result. I thought I was ovulating at times when I shouldn't be (DH thought it was great)...so it means one of two things...I'm completely all over the shop OR I can use the ****thing properly.
    Bailey I think I should have a look at the ones you mentioned - thanks for that! How are you going? You're doing a brilliant job - are you feeling sick?
    AuntieM Hi to you - Yeti really is a cute name!

Better get back to work - hope everyone is well and that Mel you're resting and caring for yourself today.
    Hi to everyone - Georgie

Howdy everyone.
    Bailey- the castle is now one of my family's favorites. i've always dug dry humor, and maybe that's more common in Australia. i've always been outside the norm in the us, humor included, so i don't know if the bulk of folks here would like it. i'm just glad aussies make movies (pricilla queen of the desert is another favorite). i get my funniest movie recommendations from my friend in Adelaide, she even turned us on to monty python in the late 70s. i'll look forward to the time i can be carefree again when i laugh.

Georgie- ikwym, of course there is a void -- you wanted a baby in your arms, to keep. that's not nasty, just honest.

Jo- Good luck on the tww stress. if everyone there were like the castle, it wouldn't be such a bad thing. we'd all be in stitches all the time.

Hi Girls,

Susan - Im sorry for the loss of your baby and I hope your ttc journey is not to long. I mglad you have joined us all here......even though we are a little "Normal" as I like to say, but I hope we can help you through this hard time with love and support.

Aunty M - Im glad to see you found something to laugh a. That is a great movie mind you we all dont live like that! Your weekend sounded wonderful how large is your family?

Lynn - Is today your first day back at work? If so good luck and as I said on the phone I so very happy that little "Hope" is doing just what he/she should be.

Deb - Woohoo on 'Col" lots of small steps forward is what we need to keep doing! How are you feeling and are those headaches getting better?

Mel - Think of you and hope your feeling better....with tomorrow and all. You timed your mum and dad so well! I have my mum staying with us till next week, so far so good!

Georgia - Im glad to see your useing some natural threapy they are good for balancing hormones etc, but only you know when the time is right for the next baby and yes my chinese witch Dr tells me to wait 3months before trying after each m/c but I have been waiting for seven years I dont want to wait any longer! If you feel ready then go with your gut. No matter when you are pregant again you will always miss and love your angel baby and who really knows that another baby wont help you in your greving process. I wish you all the very best.

Klee - Are you going to see a F/S? (sorry if you have already explained before) Where are you at in your cycle?

Spring - Hows that tummy going? I watched the news the other night!I love how you know the words for all those songs... you and Mel such a crack!!

Bailey - Hows that ms going im glad to hear its backed off a little. My girlfriend has M/s every day for nine months the best thing was she lost more weight pg then when not! Hope you get to get out a bit today our place is so wet the ducks could swim on the grass! thank god DS has swimming tonight to get rid off all that left over energy.

Tommysmum - Love the all that music......what does it say about our age?

Well today (not to brag) I went to pick up all our stuff for the big OS vacation so Paris here we come! It is giving me something to look forward to and maybe tak my mind off do we dont we! I have now got two girlfreinds UTD so there will be a couple of babies around early next year, something for me to play with! well im off to clean the fridge.....I know "How very exciting" your all so jealous and get this if I finish in time I might get the toilet done!!!! Woohoo.

Luv Natxxx

its a bit bleak in here today, where is everyone?
    nat - so jealous of the trip to paris, how exciting though. when are you going and how long for? and where better than to ttc, the city of lurve.
    we wanted to pop over there on our recent trip but didn't get teh chance. now dp tells me if we had of got to paris he might have asked me the question? great to know that after the fact!
    georgia - the iridologist and naturopath sounds like a great idea, but don't rely on them to make your mind up, if your ready, your ready. is the iridologist the one that looks into your eyes? have made up my mind to ask my accupuncturist for help on ttc tonight and will see what she says
    lynn - ooh good luck on your first day back at work.
    mel - hope yuor feeling better darls will see you on friday
    nat haven't thought about f/s yet, will see how the next few months go, I'm a little confued as to what cycle i am just with the time difference, go figure.

britkane8 Guest

hi there

dream thankyou i hope the same thing to and i hope to enjoy myself in this forum.i hope you have a lovely time in paris i know i would. city of love. it would be a beautiful place to go.when you get back you will have to tell us all about it.

gks just let it all go love and things will work out just fine. i know its hard to say and ppl might think you are selfish but in the end at least you know you have another chance to have what others have got.

well girls i hope i havent missed anyone i am trying to attend to 2 sick little kiddies at the moment and it is like full on. to add to it all my dp is sick to and you all know what men are like when they r sick. sometimes i think they r worse then the kids. i mite pop back in a little later

love susan

Hi All

Sussan - What do you mean two sick kids....one sick DP is worse then 10 sick kids put together! Im sorry that the kids are not well I hope they get better soon and more important YOU dont get sick, dose up on your vitamins. Im looking forward to our trip we are off around europe we are starting in Paris.

Klee - The weather in Sydney is about the same in Vic I think we might get snow here in Sydney town! With the whole TTC thing as long as your cycle is about the same each month that considered normal I find if you start BD around day8-10 and every second day till AF or a ++ this can cover everything and DH love this! How long did you try for last time? (if you dont mind me asking).

As for the holiday to the city of Love well we leave in 9weeks (not that im counting!) We land in Paris then do the whole european vacation!!!!! Ending in Irland before heading home, thats six long weeks of touring! Including the french Riveara?? sp So you never know what happens on Holidays.

Well im going to put my baked rice pudding in the oven for the boys after dinner then off to the gym so if I get back in time I'll pop on in and see if anyone else is around.

Luv Nat

britkane8 Guest

hi there dream

yeah i know what u mean bout the dp bit its like the world is going to end if they dont get any attention.my dd seems to be doing a bit better but as for my ds he has been throwing up for the past week. and me well i had a bit of it yesturday and it sucked. thank god i feel better today. i made a really nice stew today with lots of vegies and vitamins.i love my veggies and they make me feel 100%.
    it should be a nicew trip for you both so just relax take it easy. no pressures nor stresses to worry bout just go enjoy yourself hun

love susan

Nat: I am formally changing your name to Martha. A clean fridge, toilet and baked rice pudding, can I come and live with you. Your trip sounds just amazing. If you can, you'll have to give us updates and heaps of pics so we can live vicariously through you.

Lynn: I hope your first day back was ok. It is tough getting back to work but I have also found it a fantastic distraction. Just make sure you ease back into the swing of things and take all the time out you need.

Susan: two sick kiddies and a sick DP, girl you deserve a medal. I hope all the family get better quick smart and that you manage to avoid the cooties.

Georgie: your naturopath/irridologist sounds like they have everything covered. I haven't managed to lose any weight since losing Harrison so I know how it can get to you. I am sure that you will shift the weight quick smart, get your body back on track and get your earth baby.

Auntie M: I am so impressed that you like the Castle. It is a bit of a classic around here and so many times the phrase 'straight to the pool room' is used in our household. Trust us, we are not all like honestly (lol)

Klee: I think getting to know your cycle is a great idea. It is funny isn't it, when we are young we do everything to avoid getting pregnant and now we are charting, temping and basically doing handstands to get that BFP.

Well I thought you guys might like an update on Mel. I am sure she won't mind me telling you. She is a bit sick and has got tonsilitis. She is on medication and trying to keep hydrated so that the lap can go ahead tomorrow. So send her truckloads of get better vibes. If you read this Mel, best of luck for tomorrow honey, I will be thinking of you all day.

Well I am going well. Baby is fine, it is just the struggle in my mind which is the problem. For some reason on the train this morning I started to think back to the hospital and managed to get all upset. Oh well, it is just the way the mind works.

I hope all you other wonderful ladies are well.

Deb: haven't seen you around for a few days. Hope all is well.

Big Love
    Spring

howdy everyone.
    Nat- i have only one sibling (married with two kids), but my extended family (6 aunts, 6 uncles, 15 cousins who are mostly younger than me by a long shot, plus their kids) all live on farms near by my parents' place. so when my brother and family, and dh and i (we are all in colorado) come to visit, we usually get at least one day of everyone hanging out, playing cards (pitch), and being crazy -- at least 26 folks, but if everyone makes it, about 41. paris sounds much better than cleaning the fridge. what a trip! paris was my favorite city when i bummed my college loans away pretending to study in florence. sounds like you are doing the whole tour -- wow!

spring- the castle is a classic -- i also love the "it's the vibe" quote. it applies to so many situations. it may even take over my other favorite "it really ties the room together" quote from "the big lebowski". re your thoughts about the hospital sneaking up on you, ikwym, the mind isn't always a friend anymore. the past is painful and the future frightening, but the mind always likes to take trips there from the present without permission. hugs.

Mel- i hope you are feeling better and eating ice cream for the tonsilitis. any excuse to eat ice cream.

i'm thinking of taking a trip this weekend with dh to visit his sister, who just had a baby boy three weeks before Yeti was born. it is so painful to see dh and family fuss over him, and to feel my jealousy and not be able to kick the feeling to the curb. i guess it will be good for me, though, to spend time with dh and his family and my new nephew. dh wants me to come, as long as i don't go into a deep depression. i'm not sure i can promise that? but i want to be a part of the family and to deepen my relationship with dh. so i'll go and try to stave off the depression beasties. hugs to all. m

Just wanted to pop in and say goodluck for today Mel (hopefuly that tonsillitis is gone)

Hey everyone else, how are we all? Just popping in for a sec, I've got a head cold so not feeling real flash!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast