Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crying babies

Mel this is going to sound so dumb but my best friends husband is a sparkie. Their gift when I had the babies was one of those heat lights in the bathroom roof - at the time i laughed my head off. I don't laugh anymore it's the best gift anyone has ever given me! It heats up the bathroom enough so that there isn't a massive temp difference between the water and getting to the towel - I don't think they are that expensive so if you can instal one in your bathing area it may be worth considering?

The truth for me is that some days are better than others. I live by Traveller and Mrs Crickets advice - they have walked the path before us and have so much wisdom to impart....

I feed mine half an hour apart, set this routine in SCN and have continued it on. Occasionally I have to tandem feed but I avoid it at costs as traveller says. I don't struggle though with letting one cry - not screaming or anything just a bit of crying. Since school holidays started I have also had my 11yr old DS at home and wow what a difference that's made!

My DH baths on weekends and I do it alone very day mid week - I put a towel on the floor for the twin that isn't being bathed or has already been bathed and I talk to them continuously. Even when they scream can I recommend you check the bel bambino website for the bean bags I mentioned? During the day mine love to sleep on these and if we go to my mums etc we just chuck them in the car and they lie on them where ever.

This week I've had DS3yrs home sick so I resorted to buying a trampoline he and the neighborhood kids have entertained themselves while I've been dealing with the suddenly high maintenance 14 week old girls

For Xmas I asked my step mother to fill up my freezer - she made 15 home cooked meals lasagna etc and this has made the world of difference. I said no to all this help before the twins arrived - but ive learned to reach out and ask for help.

I wish you were in perth we could meet and swap war stories I'm always here if you just need to talk. Forget colour coordinated wardrobes, fancy frocks, blah blah blah - half the amazing clothing I bought will never get worn. I'm at peCe with this now As long as they are clean, fed And cuddled I'm happy. Also our baby Bjorne have been a lifesaver - my 11 yr old wears one and me the other ( I owe that kid big time).

Loads of love and thank you Traveller and Mrs Cricket who continue to be amazing support and gurus of twins for new twin mummies.

Xx

Default Crying babies

Definitely hear you with some days being better than others, thankfully we have mainly better days these days. Bath time is far less of a drama and feeds take about five mins now.

However, now we are into sleep regression, teething and a little five month old who is very close to crawling. Eeeeeek!!!

So nice to talk to other twin mummies, isn't it, they GET it!!!!

Mel well I just took my twins to adelaide - they were angels on the plane and the 5 hour drive south. Skipped a feed and everything, I think have an 11 year old to help cant be understated. It's a bit like cheating I sometimes feel

Routine - well im bathing at night now - but I still do it alone and one waits on a towel on the bathroom floor then we swap we just do the best we can. I hope things are getting easier for you.

I'm still up twice a night which kills me - but at 15 weeks I guess I'm getting used to it!

Always here if you need us

Xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12