Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #5

wow hope your 2 have grown so fast - im still in denial my twins are over 10 months old!
    Jackson now sits by himself, Lleyton still doesnt sit even if you try sitting him up.
    Both commando crawling and pulling themselves up to standing on EVERYTHING they think its a game at nap/bed time. There cots are opposite each other and they stand up and bob up and down laughing at each other.
    I cant believe Ive survived!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Default Re: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #5

HI ladies,
    just joining in as I am expecting twins!
    we have 2 beautiful girls, and thought we had enough love for one more - besides, one more and we wouldn't need to get a new car - ha ha! and have found out that we are having twins!
    After the initial shock, we are quite excited, though I am a bit nervous about carrying a twin pregnancy, and also a twin labour.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all - and getting some good advice!

Hi Milly,

Are you still here? I just wondered if you've had your twins or still pg? How are you travelling? My twins are 19 months.

X

I keep forgetting about this thread. Hope you are managing your twin pregnancy nicely Milly.

I have 21 month frat twin girls and we have survived so far

Hi beannaithe, I had totally forgotten about this thread as well my identical girls are 19 months now, I remember us being pg with our twins at the same time!

How fast has it gone!!!! I just popped in because there aren't very many of us, and I remember wishing there were more twin mummies on BB when I was expecting the girls. So I just popped in to see if anyone was expecting, and wanted a bit of support.

Glad your girls are well and that you have survived so far! It's pretty full on! BUT an amazing gift....

Xx

Hi TIL (hope you don't mind abbreviations!) and beannaithe!
    Yep, I am still here, still pg! going along nicely - except for the MS, backache, reflux and leg cramps/twitches (usual pg fun for me), but all good, so can't complain.
    Except of course about my terrible experience at booking in at the hospital - it was so bad, I have decided to fork out $$$$$ for private care! I would love to hear lovely natural twin birth stories, and successful twin breastfeeding stories if anyone can help - it seems all I am hearing is the opposite!
    And who else already had one or two children before their twins - I am beginning to get worried about the mayhem and how we will all cope with things like dinner, bath, & bed time Miss almost 4 is being atrocious at the moment, and Miss almost 2 is being led blindly, and Mummy is being run ragged (when she is not the screaming banshee it seems!).
    Please tell me it will all be OK......
    BTW - my twins are dichorionic, diamniotic, - and both pink! yep, we'll have 4 girls!

Hello everyone I've not posted in this thread before. My frat girls are now nearly 8 months and wow has it gone fast.

How are you going Milly, I'm guessing your in the haze of having newborn twins, I hope you are going well. I'm still b/fing my two and we're still going strong. Where abouts are you from?

Hi ladies,

our twins arrived August 1st. Two girls. Team pink in our house.
    They are not identical - not even the remotest bit similar!

We have had some feeding issues with one of the twins (initially I had to express and cup feed her as she had trouble sucking), but they are both well and in good health, still BF, mum is just EXHAUSTED.

HI Ladies,

just popping in to ask who BF their twins? I see that you did Amanda? How did you hold them? I have been feeding them together in the twin hold on a BF pillow, but they are now getting too big for that - now 5 mo old. I have tried feeding them separately, and whilst easier in some ways, it just means twice as long is spent feeding - and twice as much trouble my other two girls can get up to! LOL!

Hi Milly

My girls are now nearly 13 mths and I'm still b/fing them both. I still do twin hold when I feed them together, I just kind of have their bums resting against the back of the chair with their legs in the air or turned slightly on the angle.

If your on facebook you can friend me if you like and we can chat a little more. This is me if you want to friend me https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn

Hi Milly, I fed my girls until 20 and 29 months and I struggled with that stage of them not being big enough to hold themselves in a feeding position but too big for pillow. I think I did end up feeding separately a bit and tandem on the sofa with loads of pillows to support them so they could lie head to head but with their legs pointing away from me rather than regular football holds if that makes sense. How is ravenous hunger going? I could've eaten all day and night and still been hungry when my girls were small [emoji14]

thanks Amanda and beannaithe.

I'm not on facebook (I live in the sticks and our internet connection is too sporadic and intermittent and v slow to warrant even trying - posting on BB can become hard work sometimes!!), but thanks so much for the offer. I think I know how you mean beannaithe, so the three of you kind of sat all the way across the lounge, the bubs with their heads in your lap, legs along the rest of the lounge, is it?

I did try the laying propped up in bed on my back with them laying with legs down between my legs (I think they call it the "v hold"), but as we sent our butler away on an all expenses paid holiday (LOL!!) I didn't have an extra pair of hands to help me position the babies, and I just couldn't seem to position the 2nd one after lying back (no abs here - had abdominal separation and some issues following the caesar - grr)

ravenous hunger? no, not really, I don't get the chance to eat as much as I know I should, but when I do eat, I do tend to have a rather large portion...... however I do seem to CRAVE milk, and must drink at least 2 - 3 litres of it a day .... my little calcium monsters awww...

did you ladies have to supplement? I have been giving one twin some EBM (the other twin - the one with the feeding issues who could do with it most - simply refuses the bottle), mostly on the days when it is really hot, or I am really tired, when my supply is feeling really low, or I really have had enough, and only the one feed late in the afternoon or evening, but it wouldn't be very day, maybe 3-4 times per week at most.

Amanda, am I reading your siggie correctly, you have 8 children? wow, congrats you, how do you do it? I am feeling quite done in with just 4!

Yup that's exactly what I mean I could never feed the pair of them in bed - I hear you about the lack of abs + muscle separation plus it just hurt my back too much.

We never ended up supplementing, mainly because we could NEVER get the girls to drink out of a bottle despite multiple attempts with many different types of bottle/teat. We finger fed ebm then used medela calma bottles in the early days due to wrecked nipples but once they got back on the boob, that was the end of the bottle in their little eyes. I do know other twin mums who have found a bottle of formula round tea time was a godsend for them, sadly that wasn't an option for us.
    Are your wee ones good sleepers?

well, they are good sleepers (at night), once they get to sleep.
    How on earth you are meant to settle two is beyond me! We do have them in the same cot - and they will be for a while yet, due to lack of space.
    But they are not very good nappers.
    Tw#1 who had feeding issues needs lots of assistance (aka feeding to sleep), Tw#2 used to (note the words "used to") get wrapped, dummy and off she'd go - she was the easy one, but this last 3 weeks or so has seen her be VERY unsettled, more than her demanding twin, so settling has been horrible. But they are down for the night by 7.30, 8.00, and don't usually wake till 5.00 or 5.30 or so, only occasionally wanting a night feed. But we very extremely rarely get a day sleep longer than an hour, which takes about 45min of settling to get You think that by kids#3 & 4 I'd have worked out how to get a baby to sleep without feeding them, wouldn't you???

did you do anything for the muscle separation? I saw a physio yesterday (I did see one just after the birth, who in hindsight glossed over things way too much, so I missed out on a lot of care ..... (sighs disappointingly at the whole twin pregnancy and birth experience....) and have just started doing some abdominal muscle contractions (a bit like pelvic floor exercises) - I only have to do 10 reps, 3 x per day, and I'm all done in at about number 4 or 5! I knew they were weak, but I didn't realise just how atrociously weak!

I've seen a chiropractor plus had quite a bit of physio for my back pain/muscle separation so have been given loads of different exercises to strengthen my core, let me know if you want more info. In another twin group Im in on FB, quite a few of them are doing some programme called MuTu - haven't looked into it myself but another idea for you.

My girls were good sleepers up until 4 month sleep regression and then sleep became one horrible nightmare. At this stage, we ended up having to split the girls up as G was waking up E who was a relatively good sleeper. G came back into our room for almost a year and I can honestly say that we tried everything in the book to help her sleep but I don't actually think anything we did helped in any way. When they were about 15 months, we started making a bedroom for G, moved her out once it was done and she slept. Silly thing is that when her sleep initially turned to crap, this was the same room that she went to and hated so it really was something that we had little control over and just had to be there for/with her. Now my girls are 2 1/2 and recently decided themselves that they wanted to share a room again. Really what I'm trying to say is that I was reluctant to split them in an effort to improve sleep all round as I had this wonderful fantasy of them growing up really close but we did and they have sorted themselves out.

Getting two babies to settle is HARD and I did resort to feeding to sleep for a long time. Then towards the end of a sleep cycle, I had some success by just annoying them enough to rouse but not completely wake up so that the rousing was enough to settle into another sleep cycle. Dunno how much impact it really had but when it worked, it worked really well. Day time sleeps sucked for a long time here but now my girls are both great sleepers and will rarely wake over an 11 hr stretch at night plus still have a good 1 1/2hr - 2hr sleep most days.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910