Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just found out today

Default Just found out today

That its TWINS! Would love to hear from those who had vaginal births but also advice from anyone! Still in shock...

Sorry. I have no advice. I just wanted to say congratulations. How exciting.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

No advice but how exciting!! xx

Congrats! How wonderful!!

Amazing, congratulations!!

Congrats! What fabulous news

I'm hoping for a vaginal birth but if twin a remains breech then my ob won't risk it. Turn baby turn!!!

Will let you know down the track

congrats!! sorry no advice but just wanted to share in the celebration!! x2!

Congratulations!!!!

No advice but good luck

Congratulations what wonderful news! Have a look at my signature for my twin birth story and if you have any questions please ask away. There are quite a few of us who birthed twins vaginally, and lots more who had positive cesareans so I'm sure there'll be more along with advice.

Wow how exciting! Congratulations xx

No. Flipping. WAY!!!

That is so exciting DR. So exciting.

Wowee - 2 bubbas. Great news! Sorry, no advice.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Awesome congratulations thats exciting!

Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy xoxo

Congratulations! Super exciting!

xox

Congrats amd welcome the world of being a twin mummy

I had my boys via c/s, but maybe start checking out your local Multiple Birth Assocation, I am the Antenatal Night Co-Ordinator for my local MBA and we have our nights coming very soon and as part of it we have an Ob and Anaesthetist, MCHN and midwives as speakers to discuss all details re: pregnancy, birth and beyond. We also arrange to have a mum who had a v/b come and talk about her experiences and also a mum of premmies come and talk as well.

Hopefully your local MBA run something similar. Also check out the AMBA Website as this might help as well.

Enjoy the journey, it is one hell or a ride but so worth it

Huge congrats! How exciting! My girls are 15 weeks now and while that time has been one hell of a learning curve, there is light at the end if the tunnel now with plenty of smiles and giggles.
    I had a planned c section and it couldn't have gone any better. One thing I did do from about 34 weeks was express and freeze colostrum and I really found it took some pressure off when feeding the girls before my milk came in. As a result, they are exclusively bf and have never had a drop of formula which would've happened had I not had that supply.
    Good luck, has it sunk in yet?

Congratulations! It is such an exciting/overwhelming time

I had a VBAC with our twins. They arrived at 35 weeks, and spent a little bit of time in the special care nursery but are now 19 month old thriving, growing, cheeky little chatterbox monkeys! I think one of the factors in v/birthing twins is finding a supportive ob or hospital. My ob is very pro vaginal birth - so much so that he talked me into it, as I was pretty set on having another c section. I see you are in Vic, so to give you an idea, I birthed at Warragul Hospital, but the girls were transfered to the special care nursery at a hospital about an hour away (closer to the city) and most of the nurses there told me there was no way the hosptial would of 'let me' naturally birth the twins there.
    Our birth was pretty amazing. I had an epidual which I think might be standard with a vbac. Our ob just required one baby to be head down, which they both were (they turned when I was 32 weeks).

As Tarhli mentioned the Australian Multiple Birth Association (AMBA) has a great website and also a really good Facebook page.

Good luck with everything - hope you are processing the news ok!

I have twin boys that turned 1 on friday!! They were born spontaneously at 36w3d drug free tear free, 100% intervention free including physiological third stage, both born in the shower dh caught number 1 and I was going to catch number 2 but wasnt comfy kneeling and was standing but leaning forward so not in a position to catch so my beautful student mid caught him. It was a HUGE fight both prelabour and in labour but everything is you choice xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast