Thread: Naming Twins

Default Naming Twins

Hi Ladies,

Just curious as to the the names you called your twins?

We are expecting twin girls in August, they are fraternal and so may or may not look very much alike.
    Having trouble settling on girls names, let alone trying to now find 4 names (first and middle names) that we like!

Do many people "theme" their twins names (same letter, unusual spelling, rhyming)?

Just curious. Looking for inspiration!

We struggled with girl names because there is so many gorgeous ones! I had the longest list.

We went for C laudia R ose , and M illa D aisy. (Sorry if that looks silly, I don't want them to come on a google search). We thought the names went well together, and I liked them both ending in a. Milly's middle name is my husbands nickname , and so it seemed apporiate to give C a 'flower' middle name as well.

We were told by other twin parents not to give names starting with the same letter, to make labelling things easier when they go to school and recieving mail etc, but I don't know how true that is. I've actually seen quite a few with the same initals.

Do you have any ideas of what you like? I initally loved Audrey and Aria, but DH said no. I also had Ruby and Stella on my list, and at one point was desperate to use Indigo - which now I can't imagine having because it does not go with our surname. Pregnancy hormones I think

Not twins but multiples, my kids have traditional middle names (Amy, Maree, Jayne). I went for short simple names since DS has speech issues. I stood outside and yelled them like one word with DS' name "AidenSiennaBellaRuby!"

Thanks for the tip about labelling Mrs Cricket, that is a good idea to stick to different initals. Although same initials does sound nice.

DD is called Willow, so we want something that 'flows' with that but not all 'botanical' names as I'd sound like I have a nursery or florist at home!
    If we were having a singelton, we'd probably have called her Ivy or Violet, but now that it's twins I think 3 botanical girls first names in one family would be too much.

So, as of Sunday, we are thinking Lexie Rose & Mae Winter.

Rose and Mae are family names, I like the linkage to our past (names taken from strong women who have influenced my life) and the twins will be born in Winter and well, I just like the name Lexie.

Other short list names -
    Harper, Annabel, Hope, Lola, Briar.

I am finding girls names really hard to settle on!

Hey Thrilled! Oh my your having twins how exciting! How is Willow going?

I love the 2 names you have picked out but I also love Hope and Lola!

Your names are gorgeous and flow really nicely

Congrats on twin girls

Mrs Cricket - I just had to respond to your post!

I have been thinking Milan and Daisy as first names for my twins! That's amazing! Daisy was my dad's nickname (he died of cancer 5 years ago and I always said if I had a daughter her name would be be Daisy). And Milan I just love. I worry a bit that as first names they don't go together as well, but when I look at it as one name - I really like both.

That's so weird - we have a few similarities

I really like Lola and Harper - unfortunately DH hates both. He won't discuss names until the girls are born...

Thanks for sharing! X

Hey Deedles ... lovely to see you are expecting again Well Done.
    Yes. Twins. OMG.

Thanks for the compliments on names ladies. The more I say them, the more I like them so I think we may settle on Lexie & Mae.
    I love, love, love Harper but DH thinks it's too masculine.

I wanted Daisy first time around with DD, but DH kept 'moo-ing' at me when I'd say it - he thought Daisy sounded like a cow's name. I don't think it sounds like a dairy cow at all. I still love it, but I couldn't handle the possibility of DH ever 'moo-ing' at our daughter!!
    Milan and Daisy sound nice together. Unusual but not too alternate. I think they go well together.

Congrats on your twins girls

My little men are called Rhys Patrick & Liam James, I wanted short names as like RockingBaker I was thinking about when I have to call everyone I didn't want names with too many syllables.

All my kids have a general theme to their names as well - DD is Tara Rose - So all the kids have an Irish/Celtic first name (their surname is also Irish) and middle names all have family links. DD middle name is after my mum, Rhys' middle name is my dad's middle name and Liam's middle name is DH's fathers middle name.

Liam was always on my short list of boys names so because DD had 4 letters in her name and then one twin was also going to have 4 letters as well I really wanted them all to have the same number of letters. I think it would be weird if I had Tara, Liam and then say..... Sebastian..... just didn't fit right, but I think all my kids have individual names but also names that work really well together and also names that sort of automatically think them together - Tara, Rhys & Liam.

Thrilled82- hahahahahahaha - I just read your message! And laughed out loud.... I too get moo'ed at by my DH.

Also I meant Mila - preemptive text added the n - but now you've suggested it Milan is pretty too

I rally like your names of Lexie and Mae. Very complimentary and pretty.

X

Thrilled - I love Lexie and Mae! They are so pretty together. I had Harper on my list too - LOVE it but I have worked in the book industry for a few years, and it reminded me too much of the publishers Harper Collins . If you cant get your DH to agree with what you like, wait until you are in labour and he will definately agree then. The day before I had the girls, my DH decided he wasn't sure about Claudia anymore. It was our name that we had picked for DS and he started to feel like we had just recycled it. When I was in labour, I was squeezing his hand and said "What.Are.We.Going.To.Call.These.Babies??". He said "Whatever. Whatever you want!". If I had of thought quicker, I could have babies called Audrey and Aria
    Your DD's name is also one of my favourites! Girls names are so hard because there is so many nice ones, but you can't go too sweet in case they grow to become a lawyer named Princess..

TTL - I have goosebumps nearly! Our Milla was nearly Mila - but DH pronunnced that Me-lah, and I wanted Mil-la, so we went for the double ll. We get the most reactions to her name. Most people love it but I have found some people (normally old ladies in the supermarket) think she is a little boy named Miller, even though she is dressed head to toe in pink. My MIL thinks we made it up and calls me everytime it is in the birth announcements for another baby. But I absolutely love it, and it really suits her.

I personally don't really like the matchy names...they 2 different people! My husband is a twin adn him and his brother are both p's I like mrs cricket giving them both the flower name and both our twins have a name that mean God has given and I really love that...although it wasn't planned...Our boys are Gracen Theodore and Nate Patrick