Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnant 10wks with twins. Dh want divorce n abortion

I also forgot to mention the baby bonus, which I think you get for each twin (not sure what the govt is doing on this as I think they reduced it a bit for subsequent children?), which could help initially with things like nappies and formula etc.

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Will it be hard: I don't doubt somedays will be unbearable, others great, and the rest not so bad
    Can you do it: Of course. Positive thinking and proaction can do amaing things.
    Do you have to do it: No, WA is prochoice. This is YOUR decision, not choice.

Regarding the pre-nup: Did it mention IVF/Assisited Conception processes? If not, i'd argue that the pre-nup be nul-invoid (please someone correct my spelling ASAP).

All the best & stay positive xx

I'm so sorry to hear you've been out in this position. I think the others have offered some very good advice. If you want these babies then you can do it - I firmly believe that if you want something badly enough then you will cope. I don't doubt it will be hard, but you can do it.

Big hugs. You must be feeling so many emotions right now. Having kids has been the hardest, but absolutely the best thing I have ever done. There is never a 'good time' to have kids - you could always use more money, more stability, more career status. The reality is you just have to bite the bullet and have them, and things will work out.

Please know that there are so many groups and individuals who would be willing to help you. Your local churches (even if you don't go to church), local multiple birth association, and possibly the dandelion support network (it's nsw based but growing all the time) - it exists precisely to support women in your position. You don't have to do this on your own, even if your DH does leave.

And of course, there is always the bb ladies for love, advice and moral support.

How did the counselling go hun?

Regards,
    Dianne

Did the pre nup include if children are involved in the situation?
    Maybe get some legal advice too? I know there is a prenup but throwing your preganant wife out onto the street while pregant with twins that were obviously tired hard for seeing as you went thru assisted conception, I would look into legal side of all that.
    What sort work were you doing? Could you get casual work in the meantime for a few months to try save up some money.
    Def talk to centrelink too see what they can discuss with you.
    Any friends that could take you in til you're on your feet? I know you said your parenst are overseas but do you have any pther family here?

Good luck, hope the councilling session helped.

Quote Originally Posted by diannescruffy View Post
    How did the counselling go hun?

Regards,
    Dianne

It was good to have someone I can talk to. I still can't decide whether I should keep or terminate the pregnancy. There is no easy solution. I have no where to go. I don't have much friend here since me n DH always together n never left each other side :/
    My best friend have no space left for me to stay since she got two kids and her brother living with her.
    Centrelink will put me on newstart allowance which give me around $400ish forthnight but I need to find a job at the same time. My morning sickness is really bad. I have it all day & get worse around 3pm til midnight. I can barely get out of bed these days.
    I feel like god is punishing me for some reason. I don't understand why this is happening to me.

My DH is smart man lol he transferring all his assets to his brother name soon & since the babies isn't born yet, I have no right in any of his money or assets.

I want to keep this babies so bad but I'm struggle just to look after myself right now. I don't want to give up on them so easy but it's really really hard.

Look for some legal counselling, Queenluxury. There may be some sort of laws which will help you since you are pregnant now. I'm pretty sure there is free things you can access. It really is terribly selfish of you hubby to be doing this. I am sorry you have to deal with it all.
    Last edited by MrsFabuloso; November 30th, 2012 at 06:55 PM.

Default Pregnant 10wks with twins. Dh want divorce n abortion

I feel awful for you having to go through this situation. I don't really have any advice to give except to say you are clearly supported here. I hope your DH grows some guts.

Definitely get some legal advice. Is going home an option? I know your parents would prefer you to terminate the pregnancy, but would they support you should you return? Any siblings or friends at home that might be able to help you?

Sorry you are going through this. I hope the pregnancy sickness passes soon for you, it is horrible to deal with on top of everything else that is going on

Contact Legal Aid ASAP or get some legal advice. They should be able to do something in relation to your husband transferring assets into someone elses name.

Hun getting on top of this morning sickness will really help your state of mind. Are you trying the blackmores morning sickness formula? Are you taking B vitamins? If you need something stronger you can try a few different things. There is an over the counter sleeping tablet called restavit that really helped me. There are also some prescription meds you can get.

Bear in mind you will get significantly more from centrelink once the babies are born. Please talk to centrelink to see if there are special considerations because of your morning sickness.

If you want to have these babies, there are people around who will help you. And we can help you find those people. You aren't alone, and some how or other things will work out.

Here are some numbers for the women's law centre of western Australia: call 9272 8800 or country free call 1800 625 122.

Hang in there xo

I will be praying for you.

Oh what a horrible situation for you to be in hun. Do you have anyone around, friends?

I am in Perth NOR, if you need someone to talk to you I'd be happy to meet you for a cuppa during the week x

Please seek some legal advice now hun and find out your rights, don't go by what your DH is telling you. Stay strong, come here and talk to us, you will always find support here. Is there something like a Migrant Resource Centre in your town where you can go and meet other people from your same background, they also offer many resources.

Regards,
    Dianne

Default Re: Pregnant 10wks with twins. Dh want divorce n abortion

Surely what he has done with his assets is illegal and any judge would see through what he has done there. I'm so upset and angry for you. Huge huge hugs x

Definitely look for some legal advice. Similar to if someone is going to declare themselves bankrupt the courts can look and overturn asset transfers that someone has done to remove realisable assets from their ownership and overturn those tranfers. I would assume the same legal rational would apply in this circumstance. Can you go to legal aid and get legal advice / assitance? they should also be able to advise re the prenup.

Sorry you are having to go through this horrific ordeal.

Xx

Quote Originally Posted by lady_neon View Post
    Oh what a horrible situation for you to be in hun. Do you have anyone around, friends?

I am in Perth NOR, if you need someone to talk to you I'd be happy to meet you for a cuppa during the week x

I do have one best friend here and few other friends but not that close to ask them to help me with place to stay.
    My best friend is wealthy and spoil by her parent. She never really look after her kids much when they were baby so she doesn't u understand me. She think its not that hard to raise two babies on my own. She didn't have to work a single day in her life and she still send her kids to day care since they were 18 months because she is too tired to have them 24/7. Now she turn around n say to me that Im so weak why I can't even look after two babies myself.
    I didn't not have 4 bedrooms house and 2 cars or 100k in my bank account like she did. I did have a heart that willing to fight and do anything for them but is that enough??
    She said she will help me look after my babies and I can go to work. Seriously, im not sure I can depend on her lol as she wouldn't even do that for her own kids. I appreciated the offer but I'm skeptical.

I live around Morley it would be nice to meet up with u so u can listen to me vent n cry lol
    I will go see doctor tomorrow for a med. hopefully it will help me so I can go out n about do stuff like normal. I have been in bed like this for 3 weeks already.

Prenup is pretty much cover everything. Even the furniture in this house , I shall make a list and he will pick half of it first the the rest is mine. Well , I know what he will pick..... LCD tv , fridge , washing machine n all electric stuff and left me with book cabinet or draws lol
    He has the right to take back all the gift he gave to me. Everything we bought with his income will be his. If god forbidden something happen to him , I have no right to claim his money n assets.

Lawyer said I can try and go to court after the baby born but It will be difficult as all his assets still under mortgage. Technically it belong to the Bank.

I'm soooo depressed.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast