Thread: Twin movement

Default Twin movement

Hi all just a question for you. Did you feel one twin more than the other? I have felt both but twin B definitely isn't as active as twin A.
    Appts next week so I might find out where they are located.
    Thanks x

Hi Aries

Congrats on your twins.

I had one very active twin and one not so active one... Twin B for me was the one always having a party where his brother was always pretty chilled out most of the time. I felt twin B move around 14 weeks (Butterfly's in my belly on his side) but twin A probably not until 18 weeks ( i remember getting a swift kick on Xmas day ).

My twins also had an anterior and posterior placenta, so on twins placenta was at the back and the other was at the front. So based on movements felt Twin A would have had the anterior placenta and a lot of his movement was blocked by the placenta until he was strong enough to have kicks and punches that could go through the extra layer.

Saying that even up to when they were born Twin A was always the more placid baby and didn't move a great deal, he pretty much stayed head down from about 22 weeks where his brother was having parties all the time seeing what positions he could move to .

When they were born Twin A was my more relaxed baby and Twin B was my more fussy one - it turned out Twin B needed a lot of Chiro to realign him as he was moving around so much in such a little space he was ll out of whack.

Twin B was also my twin who did everything first - crawling at 6mths, walking at 11mths, where Twin A was crawling at 8mths and walking at 12mths.

Now they are both active 15mth old toddlers and my relaxed baby is now a cheeky terror and they both are so active and don't stop moving

You might find that you have one that is happy to take a back seat while the other is the one hogging the limelight

Thank you so much for your reply
    I will definitely ask about the placentas next week as that could explain a lot. Twin A has been partying for weeks lol but twin B only gives me soft nudges every now and then. Your post has settled me down a lot thank you!
    Today was the first time I actually saw my belly move on twin A's side it felt like a rolling movement it was so very strange!
    Thanks again

yup i had one very hyper twin A and one very cruisy twin B inutero
    totally normal and we actaully picked their names according to their personalities whilst I was PG
    a strong name for my hyper one and a more softer name for my cruisy one
    now they are both full on lol

Sounds like the same here *det*! Twin b is definitely not a partier lol

I had one active twin and one very quiet one. Now they are almost 5 and still one is much more noisy and active than the other I used to poke the quiet one when I was pregnant just to make sure they were both moving because it worried me at times but they were both active enough on an individual level. It's just hard with twins because you automatically compare one with the other.

It's true I think I just expected them to be the same and of course it causes worry when I don't feel one for a while. It's still early, I can't wait for more distinguished kicks! I might eat my words later on lol thanks Traveller.