Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twin prams

Default Twin prams

So hit me!
    What's the best, what should I be looking for?
    Is it worth doing a travel system (y'know capsule that connects to pram )
    What did you like?
    What did you dislike?
    Tell me all!

Will be back later when I have both hands to type with so just subbing now, but Baby Jogger City Mini side by side

I don't have twins but love my baby jogger city select

Default Twin prams

I second the baby jogger city select. Brilliant design, so easy to use and heaps of storage space too.

Default Twin prams

Another BJ City Select user and lover I bought it so I could use the capsule or bassinet with the toddler seat and it served its purpose beautifully. I couldn't count how many times I didn't have to disturb DD2 as I could just attach the capsule - it was a god send! And now both girls play and chat to each other (baby talk from DD2, lol) as I often face their seats at each other. Just today I had three comments about how brilliant it was while I was at the shops for all of an hour.

Default Twin prams

I know it's not technically a 'twin' pram but I am loving my Strider Plus with the second seat.

I don't have twins but love my mountain buggy duet. I never bothered with capsules - you can lie them all the way down in the duet, so it's suitable from birth

No idea but wow, TWINS! Congrats!

Default Twin prams

BJCS!!

I dont have twins but mine are 16 months apart and i love, love LOVE my mountain buggy twin pram. yeeah its a little on the hevy side getting it in and out of the car, but that said it takes 25kg aside and the basket under it is a good size, if your into jogging its good (prams with two wheels at the front are better for running/jogging i've been told) and i've also found that it fits in most stores (the same as a wheel chair) and its also got the adjustable recline so its not set. i guess too i found its really good "off roading" it as well, seeing as we're out rual and its used every day to check the mail (end of a dirt road) and is good over grass ect when i go for a walk. the other thing is the handle is ajustable up or down so if DH uses it he can make the handle taller for him. only down side is some of the accestorrys can be a little exxy. but its worth it to be able to have the option of useing it for so long.

Default Re: Twin prams

Ok twin pram shopping was a nightmare but we decided on the strider compact.
    Its one of the few prams that can take two capsules and strider capsules rated well in the old crep. We aren't using capsules though.
    The reason we chose it over the baby jogger city select was the seat configuration. To be able to see both newborns faces we felt the bottom seat being closer to the pusher achieved this better.
    Good luck

I have the Valco Tri Mode Twin Ex, it is huge but the only one that allows a toddler seat attachment - I needed it as DD was 18mths when the twins were born. My recommendation is if you are looking at capsules (which make it much easier getting 2 into the car) is to hire the capsules for 6-12mths and depending on what you hire look at twin prams that allow 'that' specific type of capsule to snap into. We then only had to buy the carseat for when they converted to forward facing and even then we decided to get the booster seats which cater from 6mths to 7yrs so we were going to have to buy more seats when they were 4.

We hired the capsules but never used the snap in mechanism on the pram as if I needed to use the pram then the twins would be in it for a while so I just took them out of the capsules and put them into the pram, but the capsules were handy in the fact that if we were going out I could put them in the capsules in the house and then put both at the back door and take one at a time to load into the car. Also if I had to do short trips ie: Health Nurse visits - Dr's visits I would just carry a capsule in each hand - yep it is heavy but much quicker to do than getting the pram out and set up.

Also you want to consider door frames, supermarket/shopping centre aisles as they can be quite narrow but generally even the widest twin pram is the same width as a wheelchair. We are now finding as the twins are getting older (now 18mths) having the bigger pram is much more beneficial as it gives them more room when sitting because when you have twins they will be confined to a pram a lot longer than just having 1 toddler to look after (meaning you can easy carry a toddler on your hip to the shops and use a trolley etc but not twins).

We also have a twin stroller which is a bit narrower and this gets used if I have to go to the shopping centre as I find most stores have the aisles so overloaded the 'big' pram just doesn't work, plus it takes up less space in the car so if I have shopping etc I have enough space to carry the stroller and the shopping as the pram takes up half of my carrying space in our Commodore Station Wagon.

I just got one from Target, it was on sale for $75. Does the job, not flash by any means. Its a side-by-side and it fits through doorways easily.

Okey doke. Baby jogger city mini. I tried (as in owned, not just had a quick spin in):

1. Phil & Teds
    2. Valco Tri Mode double (side by side)
    3. Steelcraft side by side umbrella stroler
    4. Love N Care (I think) one in front of the other (duo I think its called)
    5. BJCM

I ended up with the BJCM in the car and the Valco for my walking pram that I really, really tried to never have to put in the car - it weighed a ton but it was a truly fabulous pram for two, especially when like TaRhLI said the kids are getting bigger.

Hated the P&T - I found I constantly was kicking the toddler seat when it was on the back, and I hated the cavern sort of environment for the newborn when the toddler seat was on the top. I also found it quite tippy going up and down kerbs etc.

Hated the one in front of the other idea. With a heavier child at the front, which is the one it had to be because of seat reclines, the pram became very front heavy and was a monster to steer. The extra length was by far more annoying than the extra width of the side by side.

BJCM - love love loved it. Really light weight and so easy to fold. Both kids were really comfortable and the seats were a good size to cater for them as they grew. Good storage for a shopping pram. Turned tiny circles and fit through standard doors. Easy adjustable seat reclines, good hoods, reasonable price. Really easy access to both children, no matter whether one was flat out, sitting straight up or whatever. The only downside was that I found there were often times in smaller shops where I simply couldn't fit down their aisles - especially Christmas sort of time when they had more stock on the floor. Also moving around say clothing racks in Myer was a pain in the whatsit because a lot of the time I would take a trail of clothes with me due to the width of the pram. Getting it into a fitting room - nightmare. These things though, while annoying and resulting in me now loving zooming around in my incredibly narrow single pram, weren't enough to make me wish I had a non side by side

Steelcraft side by side stroller - fine while the girls were both still tiny but when DD1 was more like 2 it became more difficult to steer. Still, a great lightweight pram that folded up pretty small so made it good for in the car.

Default Twin prams

Mountain buggy. I love it and exercise with mine every few days. Takes up to my 8yr old and 6yr old (when they are sick or tired and we are carrying the littler ones).

Default Twin prams

I should say I have never used it as a pram pram tho. Just exercise and walking

Default Twin prams

Ok we have the baby jogger city mini double side by side, love it! Can steer with one hand takes all terrain,

I have had phil & ted and hate it with a passion lives in our garage hubby uses it I don't lmao. I don't have twins but bought bjcmd for my newborn and 3 yr old at the time and still today I use it, even just having my one year old I can put a weeks shopping in the other seat and all then storage areas without using a trolley while my little one sleeps!

Default Twin prams

Also I have the travel system for my Strider Plus. (that's the model before the Strider Compact)
    I love being able to take baby out of the car without waking him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast