Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you first feel your twins move?

Default When did you first feel your twins move?

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering when did you first feel your twins move?

I am 14w+5d and I so far haven't felt anything - I guess I had expected to feel something by now because there are two of them.

In the last few weeks I have felt less pregnancy for some reason - and I could swear my bump has stopped growing - but this is likely to be my imagination

Any input, experiences or feedback would be really appreciated.

X

I didn't feel mine kick properly until 19wks, although flutters were a bit earlier... It was my 1st pregnancy that got to the 2nd tri..

I had my first belly roll from the twin on the right around 15 weeks.

I didn't feel the left twin move till much later, although the left twin's placenta was at the front and the right was at the back. So the placenta was blocking a lot of movement from the left twin.

Do your twins share a placenta?? Do you know where the placenta is?? Placenta's at the front will generally hide any movements for a little while, but don't worry once they grow bigger you will feel lots of movements. I found that with my twins one would be very active, while the other slept and then they would swap around. The strangest sensation is that depending on where they are positioned you will only feel movements in one area of your belly, where with singletons you will feel the movements all over your belly.

Because my guys pretty much stayed side by side for 95% of the time, I would have one half of my belly move around and then the other half would move independently. I found it reassuring that they were positioned how they were as I always knew which twin was moving around.

I was pretty sure I started feeling mine from about 14 weeks-ish, but it could of also been my imagination . I just had a look at my pregnancy photos and there is one at 10wks and one at 14weeks and there wasn't much size difference at all between them. The next one at 18 weeks I am very noticably pregnant. I remember at around 14 weeks, it was when my morning sickness settled, and not much really went on pregnancy wise.

If you are worried, call your dr and see if you can have a quick scan to reassure yourself. Stressing out is the last thing you need to be doing (if you are) while you are growing those 2 precious bundles xx

about 14weeks, i could feel their presences...not in a spiritual way in an actual physical way... i knew which baby was the presenting twin and could feel where they were correctly...confirmed on u/s at 8weeks

Thanks Ladies,

They are monochorionic twins (same sex sharing one placenta) - I have had about 5 ultrasounds so far - but I have No Idea where the placenta is or who is where thanks for the insight into only feeling each one on a era tin side, instead of all over. This is uninteresting concept which I wasn't aware if and hadn't considered.

My next ultrasound is may 7 - I am definitely going to ask where the placenta is, where each of the babies are and basically - where everything is on the 'inside' it's just a bit freaky not to have felt anything yet! I did call my OB's rooms and spoke to his midwife - she said if no bleeding or loss then I likely have nothing to be concerned about (I'm sure that's what they say to all the paranoid mums to be who call).

Some days I don't feel big at all - other days I feel massive for 15 weeks. Thanks for the idea of taking regular pregnancy photos - I am going to start doing this once a fortnight.

X

If you want to get an idea of my belly growth with my boys here is my facebook link.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=b1a3325213

You will notice I was big, but then got HUGE.

I didnt feel our babies move until quite late in the preganancy

We had an anterior and posterior placenta so I guess thats why, I only felt them once they were too big not too

Kelly - your photos are amazing! I loved that you measured, I never thought to do that. It's funny that you got so many comments asking if there was more than 2, and I got so many comments asking if I was sure there was 2 in there.
    Last edited by mrscricket; May 3rd, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Kelly - thank you soooooo much for the photos! I have been struggling to imagine how big I will get - now I just feel a bit scared - and in awe of how you coped and got anything done!

I have to ask because I am curious I hope you dontthink I'm rude - what was your recovery like? Did your tummy go back to some semblance of normalcy or does the stretching remain even after the babies have been out for a while? I love the measuring too! I am definitely going to try and start doing that

Mrs Cricket did you get big as well? I am interested in whether all mums of twins get big - or whether some women stay the same size comparatively as a singleton preg?

Thanks so much again ladies - I really appreciate the advice and support.

X

Preg tummy with twins This is me 2 days before the twins arrived, so I didn't really get very big at all considering there was 2 in there But they were only 3pounds 12oz, and 4pd 2 oz born so I was only carrying a normal sized single baby really haha. I have a album of all my pregnancy photos on FB but I cant share it with the settings I have. PM me if you want to have a look and I can add you if you want!

Just to add - now that I don't have 2 little girls both trying to sit on my knee and 'type', I didn't get any stretch marks but I think that is genetics. My mum didn't get any after 5 pregnancies. I don't think the skin on my stomach will ever be exactly the same as it was. Standing up it looks fine, but sitting down, if you were to lift up my shirt ( ) it looks a bit like old lady skin around my lower stomach. Lucky I don't go much for Britney Spears type outfits..

My tummy will never be the same (unless I get a tummy tuck), I still have serious stomach muscle seperation - when I lay down flat I can pretty much push my belly button right into my belly 3/4 the way up my hand.

I have stretch marks but they are fading, but my skin is all stretched out and 'crepey' looking - like someone who has lost a lot of weight. Although I think my age might have something to do with the damage as I was 38 when the twins were born plus I had 2 pregnancies in 2 years (DD is 18mths older than the twins).

Shall we say that my stomach no longer sees the light of day and I now have a little pot belly and a bit of tummy overhang. When I go out I have to wear control top undies now so that my jeans and pants fit me properly without having the over belt and below belt bulges.

Saying that considering I carried two babies - Twin 1 weighed 5lb 8oz and Twin 2 weighed 6lb 1oz - for 37 1/2 weeks and only put on 13 kg's I think I came away from it pretty well and even when I make comments to my DH about my 'saggy' belly he always tells me that I did have 2 babies in there at the same time

MrsC: I just look at your pic, you had such a petite bump I reckon I was that big carrying DD but I do seem to carry my babies all out front.

I felt my twins move quite early, but then they were my 3rd and 4th so I was very attuned to the feeling. My tummy got massive, and my twins were 6lb2 and 6lb12, but now it is not bad at all. Definitely a bug looser than pre twins but my stretch marks are all down low and if I exercised I'm sure it would get pretty flat. Everyone is different, try not to worry too much

I love you guys - you make me laugh and stress a lot less!!

Mrs Cricket - you looked amazing the few days before birth I reckon I was also that size with one! You cracked me up with your ref to BS - she's a bit of a shocker in her dress sense so I don't reckon your missing out!

Tarhli - I reckon I have the tummy over hang still from my first two! And my DH says the same - stop worrying there are two in there... I'm not really worried - curious I guess and I just want to know what to expect so I don't feel shocked or miserable after they are born. Because I know this is my last pg - I am trying to enjoy it and relax a bit. Is weird knowing that I will never be pg again.

Traveller - I'm in awe of you! What great weights your twins were born at! To be honest ladies I think my biggest fear is NICu and SCN. I really want my twins not to come too early or to need much intervention. I feel selfish saying that - and I know we would cope - but I just want them to be 6 pounds t birth and to not have to be separated from us or to have to stay in the hospital...

I know you can't control these things (tough for a control freak like me) haha

Can I ask one last question - what size clothes did your twins wear at birth? I have bought newborn, a bit of 0000 and some 000 - I'm scared to buy too much newborn and I'm scared of nothing fitting them (go figure). I know it's impossible to predict - but advice wold be much appreciated.

X

Mine were in 00000, and my daughter was in premmie nappies to start with.

Mine very obviously wore premmie and 00000 stuff for ages I could of sent it on to you because most of it was neutral stuff but we just donated it to the hospital SCN. They wore the clothes provided by the hospital for their stay in there, which was easier because there was no bringing washing home (1 hour away), and losing clothes at the hospital.

You sound so much like me - I am a control freak so a twin pregnancy is hard because there is so much to potentially worry about

My boys only had 1 00000 outfit each that they wore in hospital. They mostly wore 0000 stuff (bonds is a small make if you get the grow suits) they were really big on width ways but as they were both 49.5cm long when born they needed the 0000 stuff for the length.

Newborn nappies were huge on them however as they had little scrawny legs and the tabs used to overlap around their waists. At least having girl it should be better but if I had a doodle pointing slightly to the side we would get peeing out of the leg holes of the nappy. We had lots of changes of clothes the first couple of months until they started to get some meat on their thighs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast