Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you first feel your twins move?

Hi ladies, your responses are so helpful! I too am expecting twins in August.
    3rd Time Lucky we sound so similar ... having major issues with accepting that with a twin pregnancy I am no longer in control. I keep telling myself "You are not driving the bus, you are just taking care of the cargo".

I too was wondering about size clothes.
    I've been told to have a few 5x0 outfits for when they are first born, but they will probably get more 'wear' out of 4x0 clothes. Obviously if our twins arrive really early, then everything changes and they'll be in premmie clothes but I figure if they are really early they will be in NICU or SCN so clothes not really needed??

Friends have had 6lb babies and all of them started out in 5x0 clothes. Being that our twins will be born in Winter am guessing a bit bigger wondersuit/growsuit/all-in-ones won't really matter as the bubs will be wrapped most of the time so no one will notice the legs/feet being long.
    DD was 7lb born, but she was quite long so she went straight into 4x0 for the length - big around the waist.

Congrats thrilled82!

I have just spent a fortune on 0000 and 000 - of which none will be anywhere near small enough!! Particularly if my twins come early as I have been advised to expect.

I am going to stock up on a heap of premmie clothes I think. I've found 00000 quite ha to find? Do you have any advice! Good luck with your twins - what kind are you having? Identialor fraternal?

X

I agree, 5x0 outfits are hard to find.
    Target have terry toweling all-in-ones (similiar to Bonds Wondersuits) but yes, finding 5x0 in the colour you want can be tricky. I just keep popping my head in when I am down the shops to see when they get more stock in. I think Kmart also stock 5x0 but like Target, it sells quickly.
    I've been told Mothercare have a great range of premmie baby clothes, but haven't been into the shop myself.
    Bonds is a smaller make, so I have a few 4x0 Wondersuits which I think look around the same size as my 5x0 outfits.
    A friend was telling me that Best & Less have a premmie baby section as well - haven't been in yet myself.

I am expecting fraternal twins, we found out at our 20 week scan that our twins are both girls. So we will be a family of 3 daughters - poor DH, he won't see our bathroom for the next 20 years! I am a surviving fraternal twin, my Nanna had fraternal twins and my Aunty also had twins ... so I guess you could say twins run in our family.

Yay! So many twin mummas on here at the moment!

Thrilled82 - we got some premmie stuff from Big W, and the Bond stuff is good because it's small. Mum got me some actually premmie jumpsuits from Baby Bunting but they were seriously like $30 for each suit. All I could think about is how much I could of actually brought for the price of one suit alone. Socks are good over the top of long suits to keep their feet in the right place Congrats on your twin girls!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12