Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking For a Student Doula

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thumbs up Looking For a Student Doula

If you are looking for a trainee doula, please post your details here. Please be sure to include your location, EDD and email address for trainees to contact you.

Please do not contact those posting unless you are a trainee, this is not a place for business promotion, but a service for those seeking a student doula. We ask that if anyone feels their contact details have been obtained inappropriately to please let us know at info@bellybelly.com.au.

Last edited by BellyBelly; December 7th, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

fluffball Guest

Default Northern Beaches Sydney

Hi
    I am 16 weeks pregnant and looking for a trainee Doula... I'd like to hear from those servicing the Northern beaches of Sydney.

thanks

I'm 10 weeks pregnant, EDD 06-08-08, and would love a trainee doula. I'm in Beerwah, but will be brithing at Caboolture Hospital. I am hoping for a natural birth. My email is allie0986@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Indadhanu; January 9th, 2008 at 02:55 PM.

i am looking for a doula or trainee to help me through this pg , im 8 weeks and edd is 18/08/08 ... im in the ipswich area and are having bubs at ipswich.... i am hoping for a VBAC .....

**Doula Duty -NSW- Are you available in June/July 2008?**

I would dearly like to find a trainee Doula. I am sue to give birth to my second child, my EDD is the 5th July 2008. I am booked in to Hornsby Hospital in NSW and I would love to be able to share this exciting experience with someone in training!

I do not mind if I am your first customer - everyone needs to start somewhere and thankfully having been through labour and birth before I am quietly confident that I will be able to deal with most situations that arise.

I would prefer that you had completed some if not all of your training, however will be willing to consider all offers.

I had a prosterior labour the first time - so know back pain gets to me, some massage and physical support may be required, so if you know that you are not willing to pull up your sleeves and rub a back to ease some pain, please do not apply.

I am committed to maintaining my sense of humour throughout my labour, no matter how painful it becomes, however I can not promise that I will not swear and curse, so if you are easily offended by bad language, you may need to bring ear plugs.

In short, please do not hesitate to respond to my post. I would love to hear from anyone who is interested in sharing this journey with me!

Hi, I'm looking for a doula on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. I'll be having my baby at Manly Hospital at the end of August possibly the beginning of Sept.

Thanks in advance

Default Student Doula

Hi I'm looking for a student doula who is available in Sydney for Blacktown hospital in the Western suburbs.

Peace Angel, I can't PM you but feel free to contact me. I live in Quakers Hill and am currently studying through Childbirth International. When are you due ?

My email addy is cooktrisha@hotmail.com

I would like to know if there are any trainee doulas/midwives who will come around the sydney west/south west area. We have minimal funds, which is why we need a trainee/student.
    I am 30wks pg with my second bub, due 15/8/08. I know it's a bit late in the game, but if anyone can help I would love to hear from you!

Kellie, I'm in Sydney. Out Quakers Hill way. What hosp are you going to ? Feel free to email me. My addy is in the post above yours

Trish, I'm in Sydney too, having my bubs at Manly Hospital. Do you mind if I email you too?

I asked in a post once before (months ago) for a trainee doula on here, I had one reply & organised to meet etc but she didnt turn up & refused to reply to me explaining why she left me in the lurch, so because of my bad experience with her I was hesitant to ask again, but I really would prefer a doula so ventured back to this thread....

Thanks

Danni, feel free to email me too hun.

Trish (or others) if you need extra clients to build up your exp, I don't *need* a doula but happy to have you be my doula simply for your expereience.
    I am Due 4th of November & will be birthing at Hawkesbury Hospital, If I make it in time LOL!

Kel, I'm a student doula looking for experience. I have attended a few births as a support person (about 5-6) and I have 7 children of my own...so I have some experience! I live in the lower Blue Mountains and am willing to travel. I truly believe that women should have the birth they want and I'm more than willing to help them achieve it. I am also strongly for the partners participation (if that's what they wish) as I help in the birth or extension of a family.

My email is jacki.haywood@gmail.com

Appleseed Guest

Hi there,

My partner and I are interested in finding a trainee doula. We are in the Dandenong Ranges, but having our birth at Box Hill. Estimate due date 8 November 08. If anyone is interested, could they please email me at sallym @ gmail.com.

Thanks!

[edited to say Birallee,Box Hill Vic]
    Last edited by Appleseed; July 11th, 2008 at 11:06 AM.

Hi, are you referring to Box Hill in NSW? If you are then I am available and can be contacted at jacki.haywood@gmail.com Good luck in your search!

Hi there,

I was originally booked into my Birthing Centre at St George Public but due to a couple of hiccups in the road I have been informed that they cannot/will not look after me for this birth.

I am looking to try and have as little intervention as possible and to feel secure in my decisions (not bamboozled by the hospital)

I am close to 20 weeks pregnant and am due the 8th Dec 08 - feel free to contact me on dianna2211@yahoo.com.au if you think you'd be in a position to help - as mentioned above I am booked into St George Public Hospital.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Many Thanks

Hi Dianna,
    I just wanted to let you know that I've sent a reply to your post via your email address.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast