Thread: Student Doula for HBAC

Default Student Doula for HBAC

Hi,

I am currently trying for my second baby after a traumatic birth ending in an "emergency" c-section with my first child.
    I am researching my options for my birth support team now so I am fully prepared when I am pregnant and don't need to stress.

My husband and I are going to hire a private midwife and second midwife so we can hopefully achieve a vaginal birth after c-section at home.
    I am looking for a student doula to help support me alongside my husband, as I don't feel comfortable having my mother, close friends or sister present at the birth.

We honestly don't have alot of money (we are going to struggle to pay the midwives) but if there is a student doula out there with free services, I would love to hear from them.

I am looking for someone who:

Has a positive energy and a calming presence.

Can provide both support to myself and my husband and help him be a supportive person for me (and encourage him to get involved).

Can help me transition smoothly from one child to 2 children

As my family and friends live far away from me, any support I can get after the birth (as in help with my first child, light housework, general support) would be greatly appreciated.

Can help me overcome my fears from the first birth, and empower myself with the second.

Has good photography skills for the birth (this is not a must, but would be a bonus)

I live in Seaford, Victoria (near frankston) so I need someone who can travel here.

Thank-you so much for your help.
    I am not sure how to pm people, as I am new on here, so if you can provide contact details or advise how I can pm, that would be great!

Thanks again,

Tarryn

Hi Tarryn,
    I just saw this thread, has anyone replied to you?
    If you would like to chat feel free to email me on birthattendant@hotmail.com