Thread: wanted: student doula/doula in Cairns, QLD

Default wanted: student doula/doula in Cairns, QLD

I'm asking on behalf of a lady in Cairns who isn't a member of BB.

Her last baby was a premmie born by c-section and she's aiming for a VBAC this pregnancy and due April 30th.
    She doesn't have any way of paying for a Doula at the moment so a student who needs one last birth to attend would be perfect for her, although a fully trained Doula would be wonderful it's not essential and she's not fussy over which one either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A friend used Lynda Hay and still 3 years on sings her praises. My friend had a tough birth and Lynda was a wonderful support for her and her husband.

Thanks hun, I'll mention Linda Hay to her - would your friend know if Linda does any pro-bono work?
    The cost is a big thing for my friend at the moment as she's struggling a bit financially. She's done a bit of asking around about prices but so far they've been out of her range and she doesn't know if she'll have the money to pay for a doula, although I have suggested to her that some Doula's would be willing to work out a payment plan with her.

I would highly reccomend Lynda. She's very supportive and informative.

She would be my first point of contact as she is quite 'in the know' of birthing options etc in FNQ.

Thanks Sara I've sent Lynda an email, hopefully she'll have the chance to reply soon. If I was up that way I would have done it for my friend but it's a bit too far for me to travel