Thread: 2nd VBA2C - anyone else?

Default 2nd VBA2C - anyone else?

Anyone else on their journey to having a second VBA2C? Or anyone already "been there, done that"?

Did you face the same hurdles the second time around? I was hoping having already proven my scar and pelvis, it will be a smooth ride - seems this may not be the case though?

Default Re: 2nd VBA2C - anyone else?

I have not had a VBAC or a VBA2C but work as a midwife and have cared for a few women over the years having one after 2. (Never after 3 or more).

Unfortunately where I work only one Ob (There are 3) will support women who would like to a VBAC after 2 c/s. In saying this I don't think he gives people the option either without them asking although in the cases I have seen he has been supportive.

My only advice is to find a caregiver that is supportive of your choice for your pregnancy care. They are out there is just a matter of findout out who is best to see and is going to support you with your decision not push you to have whats the most convenient for them (could be an Ob at a public hospital, independant midwife, Private Ob etc).

I had a vba2c in 2009 and second one in 2011.

Happy to chat about them if you like!

Hi Arimeh Did you face the same hurdles the second time around? Or were they more confident as you had been there, done that?

Hey

Hard to know really, I changed care providers half way through my first one and went through an independent birth centre (I was 28 weeks when I switched because I moved from qld to tassie) but I was going through a private hospital in Queensland and my ob had no issue with me trying for a vba2c in the first place.

For my second one, I went through the birth centre again but started with the local hospital because my midwife wasn't sure what was happening with all the insurance crap that was going on. The local hospital said that I would be treated the same as any other vbac lady since I had already proved my scar was strong and I could give birth naturally. I switched back to seeing my midwife full time at around 24 weeks and never went back to that hospital so I can't say for sure how they would have treated me once I went into labour ITMS?

I did attempt a third vba2c last year but that wasn't with a hospital, but an attempted home birth with midwives - however - I was cleared by their ob on staff to have a home birth as they didn't class me as very high risk either. Not that it turned out the way that we had planned lol