Thread: C sect scar sore,a nd swollen?

Default C sect scar sore,a nd swollen?

hey there!

I am just curious as to anyone else who has had a c section in the past and who is pregnant again, if you have noticed swelling under the scar. Mine was an elective c section, cause the baby was posterior, and apparently her head was too big, she was 10 lbs 2oz, and her head wouldnt engage either.

So I have the bikini line type scar, and all under it is all swollen up and gristly, with lumps and really sore to touch. Has anyone else had this? My doctor says its just scar tissue stretching, but should it be sore and lumpy? cause its gettin worse too the further I get along.

Also I am just wondering if you would think this would interfere with a trying a vbac, or if I should be worried about it having a vbac? Well I dont even know if I will be able to have a vbac yet, if spontanious labour happens I will but if it doesnt, then not sure yet if theres much else I can do.

Oh and my last baby that I had the c section with was almost 3 years ago so yeah I thought for sure it would all be ok, but its pretty sore...

just wonderin'

thanks!

Danielle

i haven't had that issue with my scar in either subsequent pregnancies Danielle. I have heard of people saying there scar was sore but I read it more as an internal sore not a sore to touch scenario. Keep asking dr if you aren't happy with their initial response (or even maybe see another doc.

hopefully someone else on here can help you out a bit more

I've had 3c's and although I could feel scar tissue which is lumpy it's wasn't sore, I was worried how it would go with stretching each pregnancy and I did get a bit of internal twinge like pangs in my lower abdomin I think it was normal pregnancy stretching not really anything to do with the scar. Swelling and pain doesn't sound good though I don't think that's normal is it??

sounds a bit sus for it to be sore... mine was lumpy and a little bit tender at some periods throughout this pregnancy... but not actually sore to touch.
    I have had some scar cramping lately as bubs engages herself in and out... Now does that hurt!!!! But my MW said as far as any rupture or taring goes I would be in excruciating constant pain and up the hospital in no time due to the extent of the pain.

Have you had an ultrasound as yet?? I know when they did my 19week scan they were very interested in the progress of the scar.

Good luck and i hope its nothing
    xo

hey, ye-huh I have had quiet a few ultrasounds throughout this pregnancy froma few mild complications that have found themselves good in the latter stages, but my doctor hasnt actually requested on any of the ultrasound referrals, for my scar to be checked, so as far as I know it hasnt. I only have ultrasound reports on the baby and thats it. I go to the doctor next monday again so perhaps I could ask him if theres any way it could be checked beforehand. I thought it was going to be routine for it to be checked on ultrasound or something but it hasnt so yeah...

Hmm... yeah might be an idea to hassle your doc good and proper about it, Just dont take no for an answer... Are you getting them done at the hospital or through your own GP??
    I know from experience and friends/family experience there are some really sh*ty doctors (GP's) in gympie that dont seem to give a hoot....

Stick it to em darlin if you are worried about it
    good luck
    xo

I get them done through my GP, I have an ultrasound at 34 weeks through the hospital but thats just a growth scan to see if Im going to have another giant baby! Then we are going to decide on Vbac or another c section. I will get onto my doctor about it, sometimes he's a bit slack, he hadnt been checking my ankles or hands for swelling or the positioning of the baby either. Buth then again the obstetrician at the hospital didnt even do any of that either. The pulblic health system sucks if I could afford private care I definitely would do it huh.

Totally agree with you there!... It just sucks that the premiums and the bs that goes with it.... like 12 month waiting period for pregnancy when you take the cover out...
    are you seeing the midwifes up there??
    I only ask cause the midwifes do all my swelling checks and positioning when I go to the appointments at the hospital.....
    Again I hope its just nothing darlin....
    xox