Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me read between the lines...

Uh yeah, I do... They have the highest CS rate in the state.(I know, I know!) Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, these figures are based on before this ob arrived, and his CS rate is one of the lowest there (unofficially). I also know a few obs there are very popular with those electing to have CS, so that can skew figures. One has over a 90% CS rate!

Oh dear, maybe I should stop talking now....

Well the good part is that you know that. And you are willing to fight for what you want. They can't make you do anything you don't want to do.

If only that were true, Arimeh. If only. Maybe having a decent advocate there for you JIC the worst happens?

(FWIW, reading between the lines, I'd say he seems fine. But I wouldn't want to labour with his minions around, who will tell him they've tried to follow his instructions despite disagreeing with them but they needed to do all the stuff he doesn't like anyway.)

See, I agree with both of you! I feel confident that I can advocate for what I want, but I've never had to really push against someone who has a totally opposing view.

I could articulate and advocate for myself. So was tied down and had stuff done against my expressed wishes. I was given things to sign and threatened if I didn't do things they wanted, from a hysterectomy to a removal of the baby (who was removed from me at birth for 2 hours, then at 6 days old for 2 days anyway). Don't trust them and get an advocate who is on your side.

I acknowledge this will probably not happen to you and I hope you have a great birth and are treated with respect, as happens to many women. But I wouldn't bank on it if you get the minions. And I am sorry for the scare story as you don't need it, I am really sorry, but I can't sit back and see the potential for that to happen to another person and say nothing.

I hear you, and hate to think of that happening to anyone (what a horrible experience it must have been for you). DH is very good at advocating for himself (he needs to be in his job), so I am making sure he knows exactly what I want and what is or isn't ok. We've been practising Not sure I want a third party there, so its up to us...

If your DH is on your side I am sure you will be uunstoppable, no matter what.

DH is my rock - he will question everything if I want him to! As long as he doesn't see blood and faint, lol!

Heya, I am in the same state as you and pretty confident from your comments that I have birthed twice previously at the same hospital! Anyway, just wanting to wish you luck and was thinking that I am sure that if you pushed your wants and your waters broke that they would induce rather than go straight to csection - if you didn't naturally go into labour I mean. He sounds like a good ob and I would be confident that you will get what you want if especially with your hubby being there to back you up. For what its worth, with my first dd my ob did an internal to check where i was at at 39 weeks and do a s and s - i was over it and something we had agreed on previously. When my ob did the internal I was already 3cm dilated so he didn't do it to avoid breaking my waters accidentally. Anyway, I hope all goes well and We may even be there at the same time next year! Hahaha

Thanks MumtoA - You've made my night I love hearing positive stories Are you expecting again? When are you due?

Glad to hear!!! Just keep on goin with what u want, your paying for it so have the right to get what you want as long as you and baby are safe most importantly!! I am having my third due jan 25 but will deliver at 37 weeks so around 3/7 jan...will run (hahaha yeah right!) round the hospital yelling out for you!!!

Default You're in control

I'm not trying to reprimand anyone here but I've seen a lot of people through out the years on various forums say things like "you'll have to be induced" or "he'll (doctor) tell you so have a C-section" and those comments aren't in response to emergency medical treatment or serious pregnancy related conditions. You're in control of your own pregnancy. No one can force you into being induced or force you to have a cesarean. They can't schedule you for a procedure and even if they do, who says you must show up? Now this is an Australian website and I'm from the states, so perhaps you have laws that are different and doctors there can force you to do things (I don't know from where the original poster hails). If that's the case then someone please tell me because I'm curious. But if my doctor told me to get induced for no reason other than to fit his schedule, then I would tell him that I'm sorry, but I'll call him when I go into labor or see him in the labor and delivery unit when I'm a week overdue. I couldn't imagine being told to have interventions and you shouldn't feel pressured to have them. Getting induced was the worst experience of my life (and I've had several surgeries and had hyperemesis during pregnancy) and never again will I do it unless there's a medical emergency. Get an S&S when you feel ready and don't be pressured because your doctor wants to vacation for 3 weeks; that's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by JLeigh29 View Post
    Uh yeah, I do... They have the highest CS rate in the state.(I know, I know!) Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, these figures are based on before this ob arrived, and his CS rate is one of the lowest there (unofficially). I also know a few obs there are very popular with those electing to have CS, so that can skew figures. One has over a 90% CS rate!

Oh dear, maybe I should stop talking now....
    That's insanity! My OB tried everything he could to make me have my baby vaginally and when the time came to make the decision (It'd been 36 hours, broken water, not going past 5 cm in 20 hours) we did the surgery. As I'm on the table and they were prepping me, my husband heard him say I was his first caesarean in a year! He was a really great doctor and didn't want to go the surgery route, insisting even that I could push out a big baby if he was 10 lbs like the sonogram showed (8#13). My SIL's doctor chose to do caesarean because she thought the baby was big both times and she went along with it because it was "easier that way".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12