Thread: Vba2c in melbourne

Default Vba2c in melbourne

Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding my best chance at achieving a VBA2C in Melbourne. I am currently booked in for a c/s with a private OB at St Vincents but am beginning to think I would be better of trying for a VBAC, my OB doesn't agree....

I have had 2 very good c/s experiences, the first for breech presentation and the second for being 12 days overdue and no signs of impending labour. I just know I will be disappointed if I don't have another go! I am currently researching different OBS, doulas, IM's and hospitals and am very confused. Any advise, OB recommendations etc would be very much appreciated!

TIA x

Lionel Steinberg has rooms at st vs and would be pro vbac2. Maybe call his rooms?

Erika Munton specializes in vbac. She was our doula and is very experienced and warm and supportive.

http://www.birthworks.com.au/

Second Lionel, I had a few friends go for vbacs with his assistance. Xx Good luck.

Oh, and pretty sure st vs will do it because Lionel has a heavy presence there

Thanks for your replies
    I rang Lionel's rooms today and was told he may be supportive depending in my history and would explain the risks to me at my first consultation. He is also $6500 out of pocket. I know I shouldn't worry about $$ if I really want a VBAC but that really is a little too much for us right now and would be another $1000 on top if I ended up with a c/s, quite likely with st v's VBAC restrictions/guidelines... I honestly feel the odds are stacked against me. Two OBs I called said no without even taking a history. I will keep investigating and have the name of a local doula, will call her Monday.

iM fees in Melbourne are around 4000$. if you found one that was supportive of you, your chances would probably be higher due to being in your own environment, and not forced to except conditions to your birth. I know the ob mentioned is often recommended, but I was quite disturbed when I saw a birth video of a breech birth with him as the hcp. are you able to.have an appt before you make your decision?

the maternity action coalition may be able to help with referrals to IMs.
    take care

Default Re: Vba2c in melbourne

Just thought I would update this thread. I did find an OB that was "pretty" supportive but worked in a group with six other OBS who if I happened to end up in their care at time of labour, they would not be supportive. My DF and I discussed pros and cons at length and decided to stick with the planned c/s. I've made peace with the c/s and am finding it quite convenient knowing what day baby will be here, in less than two weeks I'll be a mum of three. Thanks for all your advice and congrats HotI on your recent addition to your family

Hope you had a lovely birth!

Thanks Tegam, it was really great! We had professional photos taken during the birth and they are amazing! Our gorgeous girl is 10days old and totally adorable

Perfect ending then. Congratulations

Congratulations Patti! Enjoy your newborn snuggles.