Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #2

nope an epidural does not make it a higher chance of rupture, only syntocin drips and the like. I think its great that your Dr is pro vbac. It is safer for you, and bubs to have a vbac, if there are no medical indications for a csec ( like eclampsia). Quicker recovery, more chances of successful bf, less "intervention" that can go wrong, bubs breathes better, and adjusts better. Dont be suprised if in transition you are begging for a csec, be prepared ( and let Dh know ) it is normal, natural, and overcome.

GO GIRL, YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps I had DD (#3) as she was breach and vbac for DS (#4) and he was 4625gms!!!!!!!I I tore from one end to another, and STILL recovered quicker than from the csec, and dont regret a minute of the pain and "labour"

One end to the other - OH MY GOD!!!

DH keeps ribbing me about tearing from bum to clitoris but I didn't think it could actually happen!

well not to clit, but vagina to bum yeah, I swear it wasnt that bad though. I didnt even feel it tear, the stitches were done under local and it was a bit stingy, it was tender for a few days, but since then has felt like normal, in every way ( KWIM)
    I still say it was better than the csec.

Rainbows_ Guest

Sorry if this has been answered but what on earth is uterine rupture and when does it occur? is everyone who gives birth at risk? Or just those who are trying for a vbac?

Can it be healed?recovered? Is there a cure?

It is when the uterus is under to much pressure and just splits, usually resulting in death to bubs, and sometimes mum too. Its a risk, but a very small percent, some Dr's use it to scare you into repeat csec's if they dont want the work of a vbac. It is actually more common in women being induced ( not post csec, just a normal inducement) than it is in vbacs, as the body is not ready, and chemicals are forcing the uterine wall to contract. Continual monitoring is the only way to tell it is going to happen, and hopefully be prevented. ( the % is about 3 % I think) It can be healed, but I think it would be very risky after this. "they" say if you dont give birth too soon after a csec lessens the chance, as the scar has a chance to firmly heal, I think 18 mths is recommended, andthe position of the scar too. HTH

Thanks for that! That must be why the midwife told me that if I go over they won't induce me, they'll just automaticly do C-Section. I guess that's the safer option.

Rainbows_ Guest

thanks for that, it sounds quite scary but i guess i will be past 18 months before i give birth again so thats good to know.

Rachel M - i am in the same position, and was told i wont be induced again so if i go overdue i will be advised to have a c-section.

I think i will read more into this so i can be prepared when the doctor mentions it. My friend has a c-section due to a breach birth and is now going to have a 2nd c-section even though the baby is fine, simply because she was advised that way due to this UR so i will tell her it a 3% risk and can be stopped if monitored

I had #3 via csec for breech, and #4 I had a vbac ( and he weighed 4625 gms.)
    Go For it girls!!!~!

*Kristee* Guest

Just wondering girls,
    Where you told after your c-section how long to wait before falling preg again?? Mydoctor said it was fine if i fell straight away i would be fine.
    I was talking to a friend and she said it had to be 2 years so i heal properly??? Because she said i will get uterine rupture. Is this the case???? As i really want to have a natural birth this time and i want to carrry to full term and not have my guts hanging out through my scar.
    So can anyone give me advice as i am a bit worried now???

Kristee-Lea it depends on who you speak with. I was told to not trial labour before 2 years, whereas others have been told its okay to fall pregnant soon after a c/s. I think the OB who did the operation would be the one who would know how strong the wound site is but no one can go in and have a look to be sure.

The risk of a uterine rupture is the same for a VBAC as someone having a baby the first time around who is induced. It isn't great... sure you wouldn't want to be the 1 in a 100, but knowledge is key. You need to be armed with knowledge to be able to make your own decision and stand firm You can do it.

Debbie Lee Guest

Ok guys... I'm joining this thread because I'm pretty sure I'm going to push for a VBAC this time round. Exciting and scary at the same time!!

Hi Deb, great to have you in here honey

You can and will do great girl.

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks Trish!
    I've just been reading back over the thread and it's already been helpful Gotta go and find some books to buy, hehehe.

YAYAYAY Deb

YAY Deb!!! Welcome aboard You are going to have an empowered birth this time!

Debbie Lee Guest

I'm sure gonna give it my best shot, Christy It's certainly inspiring to read how the likes of you, Dee and Cailin went (among others of course!).

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Congrats on making the decision to have an EBAC Deb!!! You'll have HEAPS of support in here
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I was told by the Dr that they wouldn't induce me so i'm assuming I would have to have a C-Section. They've obviously not too worried as when I called to book a 40 week app (3/1) I was told the earliest I could come in was the 11/1 as they were busy. That is just for an app not a C-Section.

I really don't want to have a C-Sec, I was booked in on the 27th and cancelled so I don't want to have one mid Jan! I'm 40 weeks tomorrow and i've tried pineapple, sex, walking and nothing is happening. Is there anything a bit more medical that I can do myself eg herbs I can take or oils or something?

Thanks

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast