Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #3

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

You need it for 12 months for an Ob though, when did you start?

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Kelly- We have been on it for 10 months (signed up the day we came home with Abby!)

Its HBA and it says that as an out patient that our ob apps arent covered... What does that mean??

Shannon- thanks for your info, i will see who i can find and then call around.
    Last edited by lovemybubs; January 19th, 2007 at 09:05 PM.

you will have to cover your obs appts out of your own pocket. Think you can claim some back off medicare though?? (correct me if im wrong!!) My OB used to bulk bill, and even when he started a new practice for his old "customers" he still did it... it was a lifesaver.

I have gone public for all my kids. with the twins I went shared care midwife and GP. ( successful vag birth ) with #3 I had an ob ( emerg csec) with #4 I had a midwife again and that was my vbac.
    TBH I think having a good support influences the outcome. My mum is also a midwife ( not practising) and she was there for my vag births but not there when i ended up with the csec.

I personally didnt have trouble establishing bf post csec, but bubs was only away from me for 1 hr whilst I was sutured and recovery. ( and sucked like a hoover LOL)

Hi ladies,

I have decided ona vbac and the midwife has absolutley no problem for me having one. But I am scared stiff, I don't think its because I had a c-section last child, I think its just the thought of labour and the pain and length. I have to keep reminding mysef that in the long run a natural is beter for me.

So I am grateful of this place so now I can come and talk about all my fears and then in 9 weeks and 2 days I can share with you all the vabc story.

Is anyone else scared?

Yep I was terrified, I knew that in the long run it was better for me and for bubs, I had extensive research and was determined to prove I could do it, but the fear still lingers.
    I did what I expected myself to do, and begged for a csec during transition, but my DH, my mum, and my midwife were a great support, and everytime I said " I cant do this" they said yes you can and will. come on, go for it..and other encouragement, I tell you what it helped me remember that I could do it....:lol and the memory of the pain is dimmed once you hold that baby and go "yep I did it!!!!"

Talk away... tell us your fears, worry to us, and we will cheer you on, to a memerable birth

Go soul go
    go soul go
    gooooooo soul

Quote Originally Posted by mumofbundlezofjoy View Post
    Talk away... tell us your fears, worry to us, and we will cheer you on, to a memerable birth

Go soul go
    go soul go
    gooooooo soul
    Yay Vanita, i agree!! Go soul!! we're all here for you (even though i havent had a VBAC, if i have aother im SOOO having one LOL!)

Debbie Lee Guest

Soul - I'm a little bit scared... but not of the pain as much. I'm scared that history will repeat itself and I'll have a still-birth... I worry that my decision to opt for a VBAC will result in doing harm to the baby.

oh thanks girls, some days I have no fear and others I am petrified and won't to back out of my decision for vbac. I will just keep coming in here and getting information and suport of you all.

Deb I had no idea nd my heart sank when you told me, oh love I am so so so sorry for yur loss of your little one. My god you are a stronh women be proud of that, if you can do a vbac then anyone can and we certainly will all look up to you. But you just make what feels right for yu and bub ok, that is all that matters, all that matters!

Debbie Lee Guest

Soul - oh no sorry.... I didn't fully explain. I haven't had a still birth but my Mum did. Her first born (and only son) - my older brother. Also her mother and grandmother have had a still-birth each. Mum's was at full term (almost 42 weeks) and he died during labour Very sad and scary since it appears to be a generational thing. Thankfully I haven't suffered a loss but I would like to avoid it and I worry that trying for a VBAC might risk that?? Sorry mate... didn't mean for you to be so sad for me.

Deb oh thank god, thank god it wasn't you. But I do so feel for your mother it would have to be the hardest experience to ever have to go through. Oh love I am so silly for getting that wrong. But so relieved it was not you. Tell me was hers a vabc? I don't think it was, and if I am right then sweetness it pretty unlikey it will happen to you. Well I can only pray it doesn't as the same with all of us.

Today has been so hot I would happily go through labour!

mumofbundlezofjoy did you have an epi in your vabc labour?

simone besides the c-section how long was your labours?

Debbie Lee Guest

You're not silly at all... I just assume that everyone knows what I'm talking about cos I've written it elsewhere but, duh Debbie, not everyone reads about you and only you!! LOL
    Mum's wasn't a VBAC, no. It was her only natural birth and it was her first baby. She was 20 at the time (it was 1978). It's written on his death certificate that he died of "inoxia" however there was no real reason given as Mum didn't want an autopsy. She didn't even get to see him Back then they just swept everything under the rug.... no believe in the grieving process. Very sad
    She had me the year after. She went into labour on her own but apparently I showed signs of distress and, given what happened with my brother, she was raced in to have an emergency caesar. She was under a general so everyone got to meet me before she did! Poor thing.
    My next 3 sisters were elective caesar... for obvious reasons. She figured she had nothing to prove.

Soul, nope my vbac was totally drug free. I had gas for my first two, then my emerg csec - under a spinal, I didnt want any intervention if I could avoid it with my vbac, did have continuos monitoring ( eventually had a FSM )

Deb, I understand your fear ( and I knew what you were talking about, I too read about you LOL) I hoped I would have similar birth experieces to mum, she spat 3 kids out ranging between 9 - 10. 5 pds each one in under two hrs - mine were very different, so that you might be diff to your mum, and these days the monitoring is so much advanced KWIM......

mumofbundlezofjoy wrote-

Deb, I understand your fear ( and I knew what you were talking about, I too read about you LOL)
    I feel so imbarest now. I am sorry Deb I havent got to read about "you". I will get around to it. I have only been on here for real for about 3 weeks now, and am limited when I do get on. But I will make sure I get to read about you and your stories of life. I would like to get to know you better. But I can say I understand your fear because with our thrid child she almost died at birth. The lady who delivered her (wasnt a nurse someone higher up) said she is a very lucky baby to be here. And without brain damage. So I do understand that sort of fear cause I have faced it, but without the actual loss at birth.

I truly am sorry sweetie for not reading your story as some have, I feel bloody guilty!But I will make it my mission to read about you, you are somebody and should be aknowledged!!!

Oh Soul I wasnt meaning for you to be embarassed I have been around here for a while and have read about ( and met IRL ) quite a few of the ladies and Deb is one of then is all and I was razzing her . You cant possibly get to know everyones stories as soon as you join up ( I mean do you know mine ????? HAHA) JK. dont at all feel bad, you will meet and get to know us as time goes on KWIM................

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Soul!! No... please don't feel embarrassed.
    I guess because I've been a BB member for so long, I leave the finer details out cos I don't want to bore people by repeating myself BUT I forget that there's newbies here too. I haven't actually talked about it in detail in this specific thread but in other threads. So there's no way you would have known... No need to feel bad at all!! I've just gotta learn to articulate myself better and explain things rather than just make passing statements. That's all. Please don't feel bad... after all, the threads don't revolve around yours truely, LOL.

Wow @ almost losing your third baby. That must have been SO scary... thank goodness she was ok!

LOL PHEW! I really hate offending anyone, I get the fits of guilt.

Thank you both, your da best!

How are you both feeling today!

I keep thinking that when I am in the last stage of birth when I am pushing with all my might that my uterus is just going to give way and split wide open. I think I am thinking this because I read somewhere that your risk can be higher if you have had many pregnancies because you uterus is much more weaker. I have been pregnant all up 8 times. So this terrified me but a c-section scares me more. I just can't win. If I have more of a risk then should I opt for a c-section?

Don't worry lol I won't keep annoying about this, its just tillm I get all the answers I need.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast