Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #3

Ooh thnx for the info Trish.

Nickers, my GP diagnosed me after doing a pap sometime after my surgery (96) & referred me to a gyno whom confirmed it. Yes I too had been told that it is possible it can affect fertility, however using AIH/IUI (artificial insemination/intra uterine injection) is a way around this. We did this for Holly, however I always wonder if we would have fallen without it, since Endo was removed which prevents implantation. Good questions too, I'm really not sure about how my cervix is now, I should ask that next Tue at me next obgyn aptmt, hehe.

Oh & yes me neither, I had never heard of it b4, but now know of at least 5 people whom have had it removed (incl sis & I), oh & now u, so 6. It is actually caused by a virus, so not a normal type of cancer & interestingly enough is sexually transmitted. At my last pap in Oct, GP said since DH & I have been together since 93 (don't have other partners) & because I've already had it b4, now I can go back to 2yrly paps & said it's not necessary for me to have the new vaccine against it.

I just want to come & join in! After seeing my OB today she thinks it is a great idea for me to try for a VBAC. I am SO excited & really hoping to do everthing I can in the meantime to make it work. I want to be educated!!!

As Emma came 3 weeks early (waters broke & went into labour) I am hoping this one will come along by itself too as she said induction is out. I am also very interested in hearing about not pushing too much during 2nd stage (is that possible?). I read the articles on the main site. I have terrible roids, so the idea of not pushing any more than absolutely neccesary REALLY appeals to me.

Linda- thats great you may be able to have a VBAC. what was the reason you had a c/s with Emma?

Well obgyn aptmt was yesterday & brought up the stenosis issue, he said he'd do an internal a few wks b4 due date to confirm if it is still present & if it has softened. He confirmed that yes it can lead to the cervix not dialating & it's really a 'wait & see' thing.

Emma, hope u can have that VBAC. I'm hearin u on the roids, mine keep coming & going ever since preggas with Holly.

Hi Linda

I am the same, ob told me I should try for a vbac, Excited and worried all at the same time. I would much prefer a vbac than another c section. Ive been reading quite alot too and looking into hypno birthing etc, to try and make it through without another c section.

I reckon hypnobirthing would help with the pushing Linda. Its hard though because for me it wasn't a "push" so much as a compulsion to push... I couldn't stop it.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Christy - I think I feel OK about having a natural urge to push IYKWIM. I just don't want to have to push like hell when I don't have the need. I think that would freak me out.

Nic - I had a C/S last time because I have suffered with roids for a long time (a long time before ever falling p/g). I have had surgery & still huge problems. So I figured that pushing out a baby was just out of the question. But my OB now says that really it shouldn't be. p/g itself is probably more damaging than the actual birth.

Shell- thats interesting what your OB said, so i can probably assume i will be in a similar situation to you and it will be a wait and see how it goes type thing when i go into labour.
    Still to see my OB in Sydney though to discuss it all, appointment is not until May.

I have heard the weight of the baby being carried is more damaging to haemmoroids than pushing.

I SAY GO FOR IT LADIES.
    after having had a vaginal delivery with the twins the csec with #3 was an awful shock, I had my vbac with #4 and oh thankfully it was as good as I remembered.

Vanita - I had never heard it at all - but I am so glad now to hear that you also have heard that. I guess it would - when you think of how constant the pressure is on that area during pregnancy. I just hope I don't have to push for too long...

Hi

Thought I would just pop in and say. Im am due with my second child at the end of June and am wanting a VBAC. I ended up with a c-sect with my first from a cascade of intervention after being induced for having little amniotic fluid. My little one was getting distressed and a c-sect was decided on.

I have started researching, reading 1 VBAC birth story a day, have ordered a couple of books to read, hired a doula (who I cant wait to start working with) and am really looking forward to the birth. I have a few questions though if anyone can help.

When I think about why I want a VBAC, I dont have an answer, I just do. Im worried that this will make me fail if I dont have a reason.

Also, is it realistic to think about the maybe a VBAC wont be possible for whatever reason. My DH and I arguee over this whenever we talk about the birth. I want to be mentally prepeard in case but DH says its setting myself up to fail!

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Thats true about the pregnancy being the main prob, not the birth...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

ej I never thought about a VBAC not being possible until the final days and at that point I was able to say I had done everything possible to prepare for a VBAC and would be ready for whatever happened. I had a real hard time with the hospital putting heaps of pressure on me due to getting close to 42 weeks but having said that after reading heaps of information and being prepared with a doula I was confident in my decision making, even when there were times that I was told that I was putting my life and the babies life at risk. I knew the risks they were talking about and what I was doing by that point in time. (not to forgo me calling my support from the hospital in tears but I had the support there)

For me I wasn't thinking about not having a successful vbac, but moreso I was thinking no matter what the outcome I would cope, I would have support and regardless it would be an empowered birth. I don't think focusing on what might not happen is necessarily a good idea, being aware sure, but there is no reason right now that you can't do this. So IMO so long as you've had "the chat" with yourself about how you would cope if it didn't go to plan, then you need not spend any more time thinking about it Focus on what your body can do, focus on the beauty of birth, the strength of your support and the power in the knowledge that you have.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Em, it sounds to me like you are doing everything you can to prepare for this VBAC. And as for the reason - I think it is perfectly normal to want to birth naturally because that is what we are meant to do. I have questioned this about myself too, and I do realise that my reasons for a VBAC really aren't about my baby, they are about me. I feel that I really missed something very special when I had a C/S, and I don't want to miss it again.

Oh, and BTW, I am very happy to report that the roids have not become too much of a problem in the last few weeks. Yay. Because that will be a hard obstacle for me. But I'll get there.

Debbie Lee Guest

I read somewhere on here (someone's comments about their own birth... a VBAC.. but I can't remember where it was) that she had to have the synto injection to help deliver the placenta because she was having a VBAC?? What's the difference between requiring one for a VBAC as opposed to a non-VBAC?

Linda - woo hoo for deciding to go with a VBAC... very exciting!

I think that may have just been her own Ob's preference, I have read nothing that states you have to have the synto . I personally had it after my vbac, but that was a choice, not a "have to" I mean once the baby's out - it makes no difference if it was a vbac or just a vag delivery KWIM???

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks Vanita.
    I'll discuss it with my Dr. At the moment I'm leaning toward not wanting it (or perhaps delaying it?) but I really need to do more reading.
    I saw a midwife today and she pretty much hinted to me that it was 'standard procedure' and that pretty much everyone is given the injection straight after the birth. I'm want to make sure that not having the injection is something I really, really want in case I have to argue, iykwim?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast