Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion

Kirsty - Looks like the 3 of us are due around the same time, I`m resigning myself that I`m due mid August LOL

Sandy - Trish had a Home Birth after a c/s last March, unfortunately she`s having computer problem at the moment, when she`s back I`ll direct her to this thread and she`ll be able to tell you first hand about it all. Good luck with it all.

Do any of you girls know how I go about finding a good Doula or Birth Attendant? I might be limited as we live out in the country, I haven`t mentioned it to DH but it might help us both, I`m not sure I`m so undecided if DH will be enough or should I have a stranger involved as well then I worry how would I be with a stranger in the room :-k

Edited to add Trish`s Birth Story for Sandy http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/view...147&highlight=

Dee, check with Kelly about the how abouts, but if you cant get one in your area, have you considered a close girlfriend or sister??? My sis attended the twins birth, with my mum ( a mw) Mum attended the 3rd (vbac)as our birth attendant, ( 2nd was the csec) you need to do this soon, so you can either get too know your birth attendant or have big dicussions with your support person about your birth desires.

gabbysmum Guest

Thanks so much for that link Deeanne.

I just read trish's story and the whole thread to get some more background on her situation. It was good to hear that hers was also a VBAC and the reasons for her homebirth were exactly the same as mine.

I'll have to show the thread to my other half so that he can understand that I'm not alone in how I feel about the whole hospital treatment of VBACers and why I really want to try a homebirth. I'll need to get onto it straight away as I'm now 17 weeks and at this stage booked into Melbourne RWH. I hope it's not too late to find a midwife that's going to be available around that time!!

Hey Dee, check out this page on Birth Support on the main BB page. I'm not sure if Kelly has people in other states just yet, but maybe you should check it out anyway. If there is noone listed there I'm sure Kely would have suggestions for where you can start looking.

Not sure if you guys have seen the birth announcements yet, but

Cailin had her VBAC, with no drugs yesterday!!! Seth Luc Paul was born at 6.57pm, 9lb 12oz

Thanks Girls - I`ll send Kelly an email.

Wow Congratulations Cailin, I was thinking of her last night too \/

Another vbac to our name,. woohoo girls, gotta keep up the good work

Hey girls, just thought I'd share, my GP suggested I read a book called "Silent Knife" about VBAC... I'm off to find it! She also suggested "Active Birth" So I know she's on the right wavelength

gabbysmum Guest

Hi Christy

I borrowed Silent Knife from my local library. It's definitely worth having a look. I just browsed through it myself as I found it hard to read, lots of technical info and quoting various studies but very informative all the same. I guess it depends what sort of person you are, some people would just love it!

I found Janet balaskas New Active Birth fantastic, I also borrowed it from the library and have bought my own copy second hand for 99 cents on ebay! It was very easy to read, I read it from cover to cover. It is very well written and very empowering. Janet writes so well it feels like you are talking to a freind. It's basically what made my mind up about choosing a HBAC (homebirth after caesarean).

Another forum that I highly recommend you join is joyous birth.

You need to register to gain acess even to read the forums but it is well worth it. Joyous Birth are about homebirth but there are so many VBAC women in there and not all of them plan a homebirth. It's very supportive and they do have gatherings in various cities around Australia. O

Another site highly recomended is "birthrites", not just a forum but an info site. Girls it sounds as if you are on the right track, my ob gave me active birth to study!!! ( I achieved my vbac, bubs was 4625gm too!!!!) The more you read, the more you are armed!!! Go for it!!!!

Christy - Thank you for recommending Silent Knife - I must get around to buying that and New Active Birth plus The Pink Kit - oh so much to do and I keep forgetting.

I have a Doula coming around either next week or the following, have to work it in with DH so it may be the following week, she says she hasn`t witnessed a VBAC as yet, she is a MUm to 2 boys herself and has done counselling for women to overcome fears of childbirth before she became a Doula - not sure how long she`s been a Doula for something I must ask along with so many other questions.

kirsty Guest

Wishing you a wonderful appointment with the Doula.

I take it you are planning to look into using her during this birth?? Hope she is lovely & it all works out for you.

I'm off to the OB again this week so have got a couple more questions for them in regards to the birth.

oh Dee I hope things go great with the Doula, we have definately decided on having a doula this time around. I think its vital for us who want VBAC's to have more support!

Kirsty - After a lot of thought I`ve decided to take the leap and look into having a Doula, I thought DH would think I`m crazy but he`s all for it. Good Luck at your OB appointment, I have my appointment this week too but we`re due to pay him the $1200 (gone up from $800 with Matthew) and we don`t have the spare $$$$ at the moment so might have to put it off for a week.

Christy - Do you only have DH as support as well? That`s all I have and I feel that he needs someone to encourage him to get involved and be told what I need during labour. I`ve never been in labour myself so I have no idea what he`ll be like but in the beginning he was quite nervous about me wanting a VBAC so I think we need that added support, I want to try my best at a VBAC and will do anything to stay away from having a c/s. All I hope now is that I find a good Doula.

Default new here but a VBACer

Hi all,

Well I am very new to BellyBelly but have been ready emails forom the owner Kelly for a long time know.

I Have 2 beautiful daughters. 1 nearly 3 c/s, the nearly 16mths a VBAC. We are currently ttc and I am planning a HBAC this time.

I am a Doula and am President of Friends of the Birth Centre in Townsville. We dont have a Birth Centre here yet but we have been working very hard on it and should do my the end of the year. My plan is that the birth centre will be accessible to VBACers. I hope to get to know you all.

Cheers

Hi Phillipa, I think I know both yourself and janet from c aware, I ahd a successful vbac nearly 8 months ago,

HEY GIRLS I am sooo chuffed at how many of you are going to go the way of trying to empower yourselves and choose your births!!!!!

gabbysmum Guest

Default HBAC

Hi Phillippa

congrats on deciding on a homebirth, I am in the throughs of organising mine for this August :-)

I have found a wonderful australian based website with lots of homebirth info on it as well as an excellent online forum where you can get lots of support from other women in our situation.

I can't post the link here as it's "against the rules" but if you want to know where to find joyous birth then just pm me.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

gabbysmum,

Thank-you for your several posts mentioning joyous birth and pointing others to it, I think thats enough now though. Thanks for your co-operation.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast