Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #4

Gudism... your litt man is 15 days older then my little man!!! CUTE.. and the next ones will be 12 weeks difference.

Can you tell me about your VBAC birth plan?? and how the MW and doc are supporting you and what your options are.. re inducing, going overdue, etc?

Didi - I was confused about your DS's birth date cos it says 2008? I thought you got pregnant again straight away.. pmsl!!!!

Um.. birth plan....
    well my OB and the hospital know that I would like a water birth, with no drugs. I have a hypnobirthing class with one of the midwives from the hospital on Saturday night - which they encourage to keep everything "natural". My OB knows that under no circumstances do I want an epidural. She asked me about the placenta delivery the other day and I said I really didn't know too much about it, so she said she is happy for her clients to try and get the placenta out themselves and gives you around an hour to do it - which is excellent.

Um... with going overdue, she hasn't really said anything, but I asked her receptionist and she said that the OB just makes an appointment for you when you are 41 weeks and if you make it to that appointment, then we start talking about stuff, but she will never induce someone who is going for a VBAC. I have the best OB!!! Oh and she wants me to labour as much as I can at home, which is what I will be doing.

Does that answer everything for you? I'm not feeling very well, so its possible that I'm not making any sense.. lol

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Mel, and yep - you are next you gorgeous powerful birthing mama!!!! Your ob and hospital sounds fantastic! MIne told me to come in right in as soon as I go into labour! I don't think so! - love to see them make me! Carrie - thanks again so much for all the info!!

Eek!! I don't know if I am ready to be the next one on this thread... surely someone else is out there waiting for their VBAC!!! haha!!!!

Oh and Didi - I forgot to mention that I am having a doula as well, my SIL.

OK DS was born in 2007!! sorry!!!

The MW at the hospital, as I am public, said i need to dialate 1cm every hour at least.

I feel much better now.. just hope i go into labour on my own!!

Didi - my OB said that she goes in blocks of 4 hours, and if I haven't dilated at ALL in 4 hours from the last time she checked, then we would have a talk about it, but that was at my first appointment with her before I fell pregnant and she hasn't mentioned it since. At every appointment since then she has just asked if i'm mentally ready to push this thing out and that its going to go wonderfully!!!!!!

Did anyone watch 60min on Sunday night the 8th of June? Re TO POSH TO PUSH.. made me sick!

Yep hun!! There is whole thread on here about it and what everyone thought if you want to join in or read! Will find it for you!

ETA HERE IT IS!!!!
    Last edited by Beach Mama; June 9th, 2008 at 11:10 AM.

Interesting.. I just hope to have a natural VBAC.. if not oh well.. what more can i do?

Well guys, I just got back from my OB appointment. Bubs has moved down a little bit, and is starting to get into a good position. I can't believe how positive my OB is - Tan I wished you lived up here so you could see her too!!

We discussed heaps of things, from having the canula in your hand (which most hospitals say you have to do it) and she doesn't believe in that at all - woohoo!! Then she talked to me about continuous monitoring, said she doesn't believe there is any evidence that it is needed in a VBAC so she is happy for us to do our research and tell her which way WE want to go, instead of her telling us what we should do...

Umm.. she is happy for me to go 10-14 days over, and use natural induction methods before she does anything, because after about 14 days, she would rather do a c-section than use medical induction methods - she is all for me to go the acupunture and sex route.. lol

She also gave me a birth plan to look over (which i haven't done yet) and confirmed the sex of the baby for me (which we hadn't known before today.. )
    GOD I'M HAVING A GREAT DAY!!

Wow Mel it sounds like things are going really well for you What an awesome OB you have, it's a shame there's not a lot more like her. It's getting close now..... How exciting!

you're telling me its getting close Sarah.. I remember stalking your threads when you were as far along as I am now.. .arghhh!!! its getting to the scary stage.. lol

Nooo don't be scared, be excited!!! You are going to do this! You are going to ave the best birth ever, I know it!

Sarah - you'll have to start up my cheer squad then.. pmsl!!!

I will.... Very soon

Oh Mel!!!!! That is just AWESOME news sweety! With such great support from your Ob ( and I wish I had someone like her too - boo hoo to the majority of obs in this world ) You will do GREAT!!!! I am so excited for you - as Sarah said you will have a great birth and that cheer squad is going to be right behind you all the way!!

Gudism- What a relief it must be to you to have such a supportive Ob, knowing that you don't have to fight for what you want every step of the way. It IS getting close for you now - I'm really excited for you - a VBAC is the BEST experience hun, look forward to it. I didn't really want any photos of my labour etc, however my Doula took some pics of the actual birth and now I love looking back at them and remembering the feelings I had. I now also wish that I had allowed her to take photos of me in labour! When I got closer to the end of my pregnancy I went to a chiro who was recommended by my Doula. She did some work to make sure everything was properly aligned in the pelvis/tailbone ready for the labour and when I got to 39 weeks I decided to go on a long walk in the hopes of inducing labour - I had Gabe the following day. Enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy!

HI girls..

I know its best to have a positive attitute when you are atempting a VBAC.. BUt i am finding it SOOO hard.. as everyone is negative towards it... everyone.. friends, just people in general...
    and possibly with the doc.. i migth have to push and push to get a VBAC... and its just a constant fight.. I really hope towards the end.. i dont just give in a say alright c-sec.. as how much can you really take before you just go... my god this is to hard.. alwasy beggining.. explaining why i want a VBAC.. is it really that unsafe etc... ITS LIKE PULLING TEETH!!!!

I just hope towards the end... they dont get the better of me.. as i know pregnancy hormones can do some silly things!!!!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast