Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #4

I know what you mean didispunk, when things were getting tough towards the end of my pregnancy, I kept thinking "if I just had the elective c/s I would have my baby now & not be fighting". It is worth it hun, it really is. And can you imagine how good it will be to say "I told you so" when you're successful?! That would be awesome.

Yup I know where you are coming from Didi... I have negative forces wanting to use their power against me too!!
    My sister has always been a huge influence on my life, and usually I follow her path because I look up to her, she's always been there for me etc... but I think I'm starting to come into my own now, and not look up to her.... she still can't believe that I'm going to try and "squeeze" this thing out of me (her words) and that I'll be damaged, I'll never be the same etc etc etc.. (she can go on forever) BUT having said that, I'd never have 4 c-sections in 4 years like she has.. surely that is more dangerous? I mean, all we are attempting to do is something that our bodies are made for (not our fault that sometimes our babies have different ideas and want to come out the window instead!!)

Try to ignore all the negativity, go with what you want, follow your gut instincts, they'll never lead you astray..
    Good luck - and remember - you may have to fight in real life, but by god you'll have all the support you need here!!!!

Thanks ladies.. i guess I was and still am a little depressed.. I am stressed with my business's we own.... i have put on 4kg in the last week it seems... I am SURE i have gestational diabetes AGAIn...

just falling apart...

Didi -
    Hopefully you can vent all your problems here to us, and we can make you feel a little bit better with what you are going through. We are all here to support your journey, so feel free to vent away!!!!

Oh Didi - hun, it is really hard. I have posted about a million times in here and then also in my labour fears thread because it is really tough, but just remember that at the end of the day you are doing what is best for you and your baby, and no matter what anyone says, you would never jeopardise that- none of us would. I keep focusing on the fact that I want to be up and about for Izzy, that is my primary driving force for wanting a vbac, plus the fact that I know that my body was made to do this. When is your next check-up hujn? It might be worth calling your carers if you really think you might have GD again. As Mel said, vent away - get it all out, we are all here for you and we are all here to support each other in this VBAC quest we are on.

Thanks ladies... Also... i dont have gestaional diabetes yet!! thank god!!! I am off to canada in 2 weeks till Septmeber 1st I cant wait.. i need the break.. and the sun!!!!

I will see my doc over there for VABC info as well.. see what it says!!!

thanks again you guys are brilliant!!!

Oh Didi - that is brilliant news!! So jealous of your Canada trip! My BIL and SIL live there and I want to go back and visit again! Maybe next year once these baby is out and izzy is a bit older!! Good luck with it all hun.

A little update from me about my Dr appointment today- copied from an email!

I asked when they will book in the c/s and she said today - I said ok because the midwife said 40 weeks and Im really not happy with that. She said that she wasn't sure why she said that, and has put in the booking form for anywhere from 8-10 days over... She said if I went 10 days over and still wasn't in labour that my odds of vbac'ing are pretty slim anyway and from what I've read she's probably right.... so Im happy with the 8(hopefully it's more like 10) because that will give me lots of time to go into labour naturally plus get acupuncture etc.

CFM
    In Thinking Women's Guide she recommends you have CFM as well, but the more I think about it - the more I think I probably am more comfortable with having CFM than intermittent, because I worry about the fear I will have with it off if that makes sense. I think it is something we can negotiate later but DH is happy with that too. I told her I want an active birth and that I hope the monitors allow for that. She said they do - they don't have water proof monitors like they do at Box Hill though so the bath is out. She said the key they look for in rupture is lowering of bubs HR...Mmmmm.

Time Limit
    I mentioned that I had heard that they only give 12 hours to birth your baby. She basically said, yes but FROM 4 cms..... I said well what if I am progressing well, baby is fine and I am fine, but the 12 hour limit hits - and she wen ton to say well if that was the case you wouldn't be progressing well - after 12 hours from 4cms.... in established labour I guess, not pre-labour if that makes sense. Anyway I said ok but I really do NOT want to feel like Im under some sort of clock and she reassured me that if all was fine - with bubs and me, and we were progressing well that it wouldn't even be an issue. VE's performed every 4 hours unless no progress then they might be a bit more regular.

Early Labour
    She want me to go straight in once I go into labour -saying if I will rupture (ugh) then it will happen early and if I stay at home I won't know etc..... also said "Dont listen to your doula if she tells you to stay home" How cheeky is that. Anyway I'm in 2 minds about this bit - particularly because I don't know what it's like to naturally go into labour and although in my head I love the idea of staying at home, I don't know how I will feel on the day.... I don't want to be preoccupied and worried if I do stay home...... Might play that one by ear I think.

So overall - it all went pretty well apart from her using the term "dead baby" and" hyseterctomy= NO MORE BABIES FOR YOU" a few times - you know that whole emotional blackmail, scare tactic thing that didn't work because each time she said it I didn't reply or react, and also in reply to the hysetrectomy I said, well Im wanting to avoid another kind of MAJOR surgery - that C/S is too- plus I know that the risks are the samw as induction and was never told so go figure and she didn't know what to say to that. I think she relaxed a bit when I said, as passionate as I am, at the end of the day I want a healthy baby and wouldn't put my foot down if there was an immediate risk to bubby or me..... I just want to give it absolutely my best shot and she said they would support me all the way with that..... I guess that remains to be seen!

to you all - Mel, hope you are hanging in there and feeling ok babe!

Sounds exactly the same 'RULES" as my hospital... mm

Tan - I've read over your latest update (yeah I know, I'm a bit behind) and regarding staying at home - my midwife and OB both told me to stay at home as long as possible, with no mention of if it was going to rupture it will happen then....

And I've agreed to intermittent monitoring, and my OB is quite happy for me to go into the bath, or shower, and then come out for half an hour and then go back in.... so that could be an option too? She said that I have the option of no monitoring, but its on my back then, and I'll have to live with the consequences, which is fair enough, she's told me the risks. So we'll have intermittent so hopefully anything that can go wrong will be picked up in time.

But I'm still hanging in here, and will be for a while I'm sure..

I was never told if rupture was going to happen it would be early?
    I laboured at home for 3 hours because my contractions were not regular at all not even close they were 3 mins then 1 min then 5 mins then....well you get the picture. I went into hospital only because my TENS machine was not cutting it anymore. I was already 7cm so well into established labour.
    I think it is perfectly fine to labour at home while ever you are comfortable doing so....I think it is also perfectly fine to go into hospital early if you will feel more relaxed in the hands of your medical staff. Not use labouring at home in fear...ifywim.
    I just wasn't convinced I was in labour because I was told to come in when my contractions were regular.....well they didn't get regular and if I had listened I would have had him at home because he came 3 hours later with not a single regular contraction
    Melissa
    vba2c

Geez even DTD did nothing to get this show on the road.... this one must be stubborn like her mummy... LOL

I just want to get into it already!!!!!

Ah Mel - "her" today honey?? You are going to be great!!! I know I keep saying it - but really! Not long to go!!

Yep the protocols are pretty standard - my biggest worry was the book in at 40 weeks thing. Everything else I feel like we can deal with and decide later on - as you said Eternalbear - I might feel fine at home for hours depending on what is happening or else I might feel more comfortable going in. I just don't know and not having gone into labour "naturally" I have no idea what to expect. The dark grey doubty clouds are back, I know that much, so Im off to read some inspiring birth stories today. Why can't my brain just shut off and let me trust myself?

Tan, you should be like me - just go into denial and then your brain just switches off... pmsl!!!!!!!!

And yeah... its a "her".... (we think).... although my dream the other night, "it" came out with bits that weren't recognisable - could have been a boy or girl cos it had bits of each, but not the full set of either one... lol

LOL Mel I was feeling the same thing, I just want to do it!!

C'Mon little Rabbit, mummy wants to meeeeeet you And woooo a bubby girl

Tan I laboured at home as well, no big deal. My waters broke at 10pm & I started having contractions at 1am, we left for the hospital around 5am. My labour was odd though in that the contractions were hard & fast, around 5 mins apart right from the beginning. We had Kelly on the phone & she was convinced I was further along than I was & the hospital was the same! Had I realised I was still only at 3cm I would have tried a bit harder to cope at home, but aaaah well these things happen.
    Last edited by {sarah}; July 14th, 2008 at 09:23 AM.

OMG don't you love those pg dreams.... so weird, although when I was pg with Izzy my sis had weird ones for me - like that I gave birth to 7 baby birds, and she was freaking out because she didn't know how I was going to feed them all! WTF! Thought that might give you a little giggle!

I think denial at this point is a grand thing.... I need it -especially with going back to work this week - ugh.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the thread but fingers crossed I will be going for a VBAC this time around with #2. I have been reading with interest what everyone has been told and what you are feeling. I have my first OB appointment next week so I am looking forward to having the VBAC discussion with her. When I made the appointment I told the receptionist that I wanted to try for a VBAC and she was very positive so that made me feel good about the OB that I have chosen.

Welcome Nai - you will find lots of support here hun!!!! Sounds like you are in good hands with your ob!!!

Sarah - thanks for the reassurance hun..... I just don't want my brain to take over during labour and make me freak out because I am at home. Who knows though, it is still early days and as you and Mel have said, you get to the point where you just want to do it... All the reading and research is academic at 40 + weeks and hopefully I will just want to get the show on the road- home or not!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast