Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #4

Yup Tan, you'll be like us... just want to prove how bloody freakin amazing you can be... lol

Welcome Nai.. best of luck with getting the right support - it is possible -I have it!!!

We are here to support you also

Sarah - I hope she's as gorgeous as your little princess...

I bet she'll be a stunner Mel

Nai, welcome as well How exciting another VBAC mumma to be!

Thanks ladies. I'm really keen to have a VBAC if at all possible. I did hypnobirthing with my first and think I will do that again as well as get myself a doula.

I think most of what happened with my first could have been avoided had I had a doula helping me. Just a bit of background.... My waters broke spontaneously at 37w5d (at a friend's house on her couch - but that's another story) and I went into labour about 6 hours later. We went into the hospital a few hours after that so they could give me a check up (we are only 10min up the road so no big deal) and they found I had a bit of a temp so they kept me in just in case I had an infection. My temp went down so that was all ok and we decided to stay but head out for a walk to get things moving along. I got to 7cm dilated with no drugs but I was vomitting (possibly shouldn't have had a hot chocolate when I went for that walk ). DD started to get distressed - she wanted out and I wasn't dilated enough so after a while the OB said that he couldn't watch this anymore and decided we needed to get her out. So off we went for emergency c/s. When DD came out she posterior.

I exhibited many classic signs of having a posterior bub that nobody picked up eg. the cramping pain was all in my back, not my front and I think if a doula had been with me that this would have been picked up and I could have been labouring in a position to help this. I also think that had she not been posterior then she wouldn't have become distressed.

Sorry for the long history but I still sort of feel a bit cheated having got so close with #1 and have it end with a c/s when I still think that it didn't have to. I want the chance to have #2 naturally.

Hey vbac ladies... i am off to canada tomorrow.. will find out more info in canada re vbac

Well I had my first visit with my OB today and I ADORE her! The first thing she said after taking my history was "so will we try for a VBAC then?" and I said "absolutely". She said that I have a greater than 80% chance of a VBAC and she will NOT induce me. She will let my body do what it needs to and she is more than happy to have a doula in there and supports my hypnobirthing.

I am soooooo happy that I chose her! If anyone else is in Melbourne - it is Nicola Bryan. She is just so great and supportive.

Nai! That is absolutely wonderful hun!!!!!!!!!! Having supportive people around you is one of the most important things I think ( will let you know for sure in 11 weeks time when I have my vbac but that really is great!

Your story is so similar to mine, posterior labour, long labour, and a midwife and DH who didn't know what to do to help relieve the back pain, other than give me an epidural and then a c/s. I got to 7cms too before the epi and then 9 cms so completely understand the feeling of being ripped off.

I have complete faith in my body, my DH and my doula this time around, and my hospital will follow suit as well!! I have read sooo much on VBAC and lots of birth stories that really help affirm that what I am doing is the right thing. Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!

Sounds great Nai.. I'm sure you will do great!!!

Hi ladies.. i am back on the scene..

Just got back from a lovely 7 weeks holiday in my home country canada...!! FAB!!!

Now back had a doc appointment yesterday baby is measuring big... like 2-3 weeks bigger> should I worry now about my VBAC plan? Am i going to have a monster of a baby?

I am nesting like a mad women... anything i havent used in the last 6 months i am throwing out...its my father in laws house so.. he wont know the difference!! HEE HEE HOARDER!!!

I really need some support girls!!! I really want a VBAC but now thinking my vagina is going to rip in half!

Didi you crack me up hun! There is absolutely no reason why you can't have a VBAC with a larger baby. Keep in mind too that the measurements they do - either by hand or U/S are by no means conclusive. I measured at least 1-2 weeks ahead with Isabelle the whole way through - she was 11 days late and 8lb 13oz, (by no means huge for post-dates) and this time around, am measuring big too - at my last appointment - at 34 weeks I measured at 37 weeks. Not concerned at all! My body knows what to do and I will birth this baby regardless of his size.

Not a VBAC but I have a girlfriend who had 2 big boys. One was 10lb 13oz and the other was 9lb 10oz and she is TINY - I mean size 6-8 at the most. She had no trouble with either of her boofa boys! Our bodies are turly amazing hun. I will also try to hunt up a thread Kel posted a while ago of these TINY women birthing big babies! Very doable!

Glad you had a nice time in Canada! We are thinking of planning a trip next year to visit my BIL and SIL who will be in Winnipeg by then. Should be interesting with 2 kidlets!

Thanks so much Tan... i feel much better now..

I am just thinking i am going to fall apart.. literally!!!!

Thanks again!!!!! VBAC here i come!

Good on you hun! Just keep telling yourself that your body was made to do this, lots of positive affirmations have been helping me every day (Thanks Mel! ) and I have stopped worrying and focusing on the negative and whenever I picutre or imagine birth it is such a calm, beautiful and natural thing. I know there are chances that I might have to c/s again but I am going to do absolutely everything possible to avoid that and keep a positive attitude! Makes an enormous difference! Keep venting here and letting us know how you are going hun - we can all encourage each other.
    Have you been doing much reading up on VBAC's? If you don't have any books there are lots of sites out there that are great and even reading positive VBAC birth stories and watching them on You Tube can give you that buzz and lift when you need it most...

Welcome back didi! My DD was measuring "larger than average" and when she came out was 6lb 7oz (2.9kg) and 46cm so "more petite than anticipated" according to the OB who then said that it's all just guess work and they can't really tell. So I wouldn't take any notice of the measurements - your body will not grow a baby larger than it can birth, so trust your body on this one.

I have booked my doula and had another visit with the OB and all is going well for the planning. So fingers crossed everything continues to go well.

Hey all
    just wanted to pop in and intro myself as well
    Hoping and praying for a VBAC in Feb 09- i know my body can do it!

Had c/s with my twins are they were both breech and 10 weeks early- so this time its only one and determined to go full term! This birth is going to be so much different than my twins- hopefully the total opposite! Natural, intervention free, and i get to hold my bubba in my arms straight afterwards- rather than having to wait days!

OB said i can try for a VBAC at our first appointment- so i have his support- his only thing was that he wont induce me and bubs has to be in the right position- hopefully something that a/p can assist me in.

Spoken to a friend who is a midwifery student and a doula who is happy to assist me and follow me through as part of her studies- so i am on the way

Now just have to wait and educate myself as much as i can-
    looking forward to getting inspriation from you girls!

Odette

Welcome Odette! Having supportive people around you is such an important thing going towards a VBAC and if your Ob is pro-vbac then that is fantastic!! I don't think there are many places that induce at all in Australia - not medically anyway because the chances of uterine rupture are so much higher so that is actually a good thing in a way! Hopefully this bubby will be good to you and not sit breech so you have all systems go for a VBAC although lots of people have sucessfully had a breech VBAC!
    for having a doula hun! Looking forward to taking this fun filled journey with you!

Yay Odette - that's great and welcome to the VBAC thread. I look farward to sharing the journey with you.

Welcome Odette,
    i have a midwife that is with me from now on in every appointment and will be the same midwife for the birth as well.. So kinda exciting to get to know the same person!!

My son was 8.14 so not little with my c-sec so i was hoping for a smaller baby!! wishful thinking.

Jessica M Guest

Question Vba2c

Hi guy's,
    im new to this so yeah my question is, iv had 2 c-sections and didnt like it one bit i was very sad that i couldnt achive my babie's the proper way ... Matty is almost 2 and Mackayla is almost 1 and im planing the next bub and i really want a vba2c badly and i just need to know if anyone thats on this sit has had a vba2c in townsville qld and if they could sugest somewhere i can go for doctors support? i really want this and i wanna find someone to help me so i can go throught with it lol.. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Thanks jess

Jess - I'm in Melbourne sorry so I'm not sure about Dr recommendations etc. but just wanted to say good on your for givnig a vba2c a go! Read up as much as you can about it all, research your local hospitals and find out their policies on VBAC and defnately hire a doula! Good luck!

Just thought I would pop in and say and see how we are all travelling!
    Didi - how are you going hun? Feeling any more reassured about bubs size etc??
    Odette and Nai - how are you ladies going!!??? Hope you are both feeling well!

Well I have my Dr appointment at the hospital tomorrow and will be having a scan to find out if bub is breech or not - should be fun! I think he has turned but not 100%- there are some days I know I can feel a head, others I know I can feel feet kicking up high and others like today where I have no idea because I have movement from top to bottom, including in low down in my hips!
    Arrggghhhhh the joys! to you all!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast