Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #4

Jess I'm no help because I'm in Newcastle but more and more Dr's are supportive of a VBA2C. I had one in Feb, with just midwives at my local hospital.

Melissa

Hi all..

Yup still VBACing!!!!! I am feeling more postive..

On a very very sad note.. my parents house in canada burnt down tonight.. not sure waht caused it my parents both got out thank god! But i am very very very sad...

Oh Didi you poor thing and your poor parents. That is a horrible thing to happen hun - was it the whole house or just part of it? I know even one room can affect the whole house horribly - glad they are safe though. to you all.

mmm I had some cramps today... not sure what is going on.. but doc measured baby 37 weeks.. which is 3 weeks bigger.. said doesnt mean baby will come earlier.. but i hope me stressing so much doenst bring baby on too soon..

Didi - how are you going hun? Still crampy?? I've had some period like back pains for the last 2 days but Im not too excited about it! Every time it happens I just visualise everything just opening up and softening. Fingers crossed! FWIW Izzy measured big throughout my whole pregnancy and ended up being 11 days late and 8lB 13oz and this little guy is measuring big too - I don't put much weight on their "exact science" of measuring them really, seeing as Izzy wasnt' huge and late anyway! She would have been average weight if born on her DD.

Nai and Odette - Hope you gorgeous ladies are well! Nai - how did you go on Sunday. I'm still spewing that I couldn't make it but physcially couldn't get out of bed to drive I was that exhausted. Hope it went well.

Ive been doing the Pink Kit this week - still finding some bits a bit tedious - could be because I am so tired and am finding it hard to concentrate though. Im having acupucture at the BB centre on Thursday which I am really excited about! I just can't wait to hold my little man! Im so big and uncomfortable but trying to enjoy my last few weeks of pregnancy!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

didi - some carers dont even bother measuring fundal height, its not definitive... it can change based on baby's position, fluid levels, baby's length - all sorts of things. Who's average anyway?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Didi, I was measuring large too last time and DD was 6lb7oz and 46cm The OB admitted that it's all just guess work really and that they actually have no idea about size from measuring. So I don't know why they bother...

Tan, I am doing well. Sunday was really good and very informative. It really helped me focus and re-establish what I really want from the birth experience. I have my OB appointment this week, meeting with my doula next week and my scan in 3 weeks so hopefully time will fly!

Thanks i feel much better....

Just popping my ugly mug in here to wish you guys all the very best!!

*mwah*

Also popping in to send some positive VBAC vibes around - Tan, so close!

Why do they bother even trying to measure the baby then?? and give me a billion ultrasounds and a billion docs measuring my belly??

I guess it gives them a rough guide hun but that's all it really is. How can it be accurate really when you think of all the factors involved like baby's position, fluid, placenta position etc... My last appointment with the silly woman that I posted about - she got the tape measure out - made no attempt to really find the top of my pubic bone - just kind of held it near there through my jeans, and measured up towards the top of my belly but again didn't even find my uterus with her fingers. I guess she could say she did it though! She didn't even tell me what it was so I might try to find out on Monday - will be curious too see what number she magically came up with!

For those of you who dont know I had my baby last week via c-sec.
    My water broke... for 24 hours.. no contractions till hour 22... then contractions for 3 hours.. 1 min apart.. then stopped..

Had no choice but c-sec... as my water had been broken so long. Doc would have given my induction meds, but my cervix was not favorable and I wasnt even dialated at all.. baby was not coming.

I am totally fine, didnt go to plan but not everything does.. She is healthy that is the main thing!!

Didi - congratulations on your little bubba!!!!!

At least she got to choose her own birthday..... I think you did a great job

Congratulations Didi!

Congratulations Didi!!

Nattys Guest

Hi guys

I'm a newbie to this site and am hoping to draw on your vbac'ing experience!

I'm expecting my 2nd bub in Feb 09 and am really hoping for a successful vbac . My first little girl was born via planned c/c in July 06 as she was in a footling breech position and well stuck.

Mel, I'd love to hear more about your experiences in particular. I'm booked in to John Hunter (is this where you birthed?) and so far I'm very impressed. I've met with a couple of midwives and an ob and they're all really supportive of vbac.

I'm loving the supportive feel of this thread - some I've read on other sites have been quite militant, and, as others have said, I'm keen to give this vbac business the best chance of success but certainly not at any cost. Looking forward to hearing more of your experiences

Hi Nat - welcome to BB.

I had Miss M on the Sunshine Coast - by c-section.

We are all here to support you in getting your vbac. Read as much as you can - educate yourself - arm yourself with hypnobirthing practices - all these will help you to achieve a positive outcome.

Good luck!! We are here whenever you need us for support.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast