Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #4

yes, what feeb said!! hehe

Where do I get a hospital like that? Is that offered at the hospitals where they have the know your midwife program? I have looked at Warragul but I am cutting very fine with time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaintreeDream View Post
    Mel - You go girl, you are going to get your VBA2C, I know it!
    Hmm.... we'll see.

Danni - good luck for tomorrow sweet. If you need to debrief to anyone - I'm here for you.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Where do I get a hospital like that? Is that offered at the hospitals where they have the know your midwife program? I have looked at Warragul but I am cutting very fine with time.
    Sunshine
    RWH
    Box hill

all have caseload type programs! good luck I dont know much about any but sunshine, some hospitals may not let vbac be caseloaded as some hospitals class it as high risk! crazy i know ring around good luck

Me! Me! Me!

I had a c/s the first time due to placenta praevia and although I knew I was going to have a c/s I was still hoping the placenta would move far enough away - it didn't and I did however get to experience about 2 hours of labour with my waters breaking and contractions 5 minutes apart straight away. My c/s experience wasn't all that bad. I'm ok with and I was separated from DS for less than 30 minutes so we still got to BF quickly.

I'm having (yes having, gotta be positive!) a VBAC this time because I'm scared of having to recover from major abdominal surgery and having to chase around a toddler and manage a newborn with a sore belly! It would also be great to not be separated, even though I was ok with it last time (must have been the drugs!) I still have this niggly feeling that it contributed to our BF'ing problems although I'm probably being paranoid.

Plus, I just don't want to be cut open AGAIN. With DS, I had appendicitis at 17 weeks and had to have surgery to remove my appendix, then 4 months later had the c/s. Too much surgery for my liking!

Guys, there is a VBAC / EBAC chatter thread already I'll merge this with it

Sorry I tend to go a bit blind when I have pregnant brain... I just wanted a thread for people currently pregnant hoping for a VBAC.. I did look promise .

It's all good, just thought there might be some info in here that would help too

I am just curious really as to how many woman there are on BB that are currently pregnant and hoping for a VBAC/VBA2C/EBAC etc...
    Me! Sometime in July...

DD & DS1 both VBs, (DS1 at 14 days late) DS2 was induced 10 days over with gel, then ARM, then synto, then emergency CS due to FTP & fetal distress.. he was showing distress before the induction, turned out he had some cord entaglement...

Curious as to what everyone is doing to try & acheive their VBAC? I'd like to do everything I can

Me too! I had emergency c-sect with DD due to failure to progress. In other words I was stressed out, not coping and DD was posterior. So this time round I am sitting in all the positions to keep her the right way around and have done hypnobirthing to help keep me calm and focused. Would love to hear any other ideas that people are doing to help theres along!

hi ryatha,
    positioning is so important, have you seen the spinning babies website? There is fantastic infor there on positioning. I had a VBA2C in march and I listened to a hypnobirthing CD most nights before bed. Some other things I did to prepare myself were:
    Try and visulise myself relaxing and my cervix opening, I saw my chiropractor regulary (I have coxyx (sp?) problems so it was ijmportant to keep it in a good position. I also hired a private midwife... I would HIGHLY reccoment hiring a doula or Private midwife. Research has shown that the natural birth rate is much higher with a known caregiver (doula or private midwife). If money is a bit tight there are midwifes who will let u pay off the fee's (mine waited untill I got the baby bonus and I payed her with some of that)
    I also took EPO (evening primrose oil) orally from about 36 weeks. This dosn't really help with the labor,it helps soften your cervix. I needed to be induced at 38 weeks and my cervix was really soft which allowed then to break my waters...
    And READ READ READ READ there are lots of fantastic websites and books out there. get a hold and know just how much your body can do.
    Goodluck!

There are so many BB members who have had or are going to have VBACs! I think that if all women having a baby after a c/s could see the numbers on here then there would be many more aiming for VBACs and the stats would improve. So many people I spoke to when I was pregnant were really surprised that you could have a vaginal birth after a c/s. I didn't know anyone in real life... only BB people.

What a difference a little knowledge and support makes! Stay positive ladies. I have my fingers crossed for all of you.

Mel - You can do it!

Laranna - Gosh I don't blame you for wanting a VB after having your appendix out and then having a CS, what a lot to deal with.
    My CS was not a bad experience and I had a fantastic recovery, I am not really concerned about looking after my DD and a newborn after a CS, for me this is not a concern for some reason, it is really all about the bonding and all of the experiences that I missed, I do not believe they were linked to the CS at all, I just know that I need to experience all aspects of becoming a mother, vaginal birthing, those first few hours (and months) and breastfeeding, hopefully within half an hour of birthing sooner if bubs is ready.

jasp and ryatha - Only a couple of months to go, yay!

Well it is early days for me but to start with I am doing alot of research, alot of reading, I have...
    'Vaginal Birth after Cesarean, A Smart Womans Guide to VBAC'
    'The VBAC Companion'
    'New Active Birth' (on its way)
    and alot of articles, I am also hoping to get a copy of silent knife but I will wait till I get through what I have got first.
    I would love to do a hypnobirthing/calmbirth class but I am not sure at this stage if I can afford it so to start me off I have a couple of hypnobirthing CD's being sent to me that some lovely BB members have offered .
    I am planning on using accupunture later, I still have a bit of reseaching to do into this.
    I am also planning on using EPO, once again, I will look into this agin later.
    Umm what else, trying to educate DH as much as possible, but I know that he is going to be great.
    I am sure there will be more but I am only 10 weeks pregnant so its a good start .

I really want to look more into the hospital stuff, and the cons and pros, like monitoring and how long to stay at home before going in, once I have read some more it might make my mind up more as to what I want/what is right for me, I also need to speak with the hospital and see what their regulations are.

julie_ann_jules and berrme, it is great to hear from some successful VBACers. I love to know that there are woman who have had a VBAC and are glad they did it. This worries me a little as when I found out I needed a CS I was devestated, I was ready for a VB and was not in the least bit scared to do so, however now that I have had a CS and it was so easy and completely pain free and I had a fantastic recovery I find myself wondering if I am going to regret my decision for a VB when I am in labour, I need to get these thoughts out of my head, so I love to hear that woman who have had a VBAC have not regretted their decision, which is silly because I know that once it is all over and I am holding my vaginal birthed baby in my arms I am going to be so proud and happy.

Sorry for all the babbling, I think that is enough for now, although I am sure there is more to come .
    Last edited by DaintreeDream; June 5th, 2009 at 12:58 PM.

... however now that I have had a CS and it was so easy and completely pain free and I had a fantastic recovery I find myself wondering if I am going to regret my decision for a VB when I am in labour.
    FWIW I don't think you will regret it - not because of the pain.
    I have had 2 VBs and a CS and I am definitely hoping for a VB this time.
    You sound like you had a good CS experience, which is great.. I can't say mine was bad as such, (although I had some issues with anaesthesia) but the recovery time was huge, compared to the other births. And there is also the issue of the risks of CS versus VB, and the fact that the experience of going through labour & birth can be very empowering when you look back at it, it is an experience that makes me feel privileged to be a woman.

having said all of that, I am a bit nervous again about the pain of labour and I wonder if I too might get there & go 'why the hell did I want to do this?' So I totally understand where you are coming from ... I just trust that at the end of it all I will be happy with my decisions to VBAC, and as for an elective CS I never really considered it, I always just assumed I would VBAC...

When I had my CS with DD it was not by choice, sure I had to say yes and sign that peice of paper but I really did not want to do it, I was ready for a VB and never thought I would give birth any other way, even when I said yes and signed that paper I was saying but I will get to have a VB next time won't I? I never thought that there was even a chance I would have a second CS and even now that I am pregnant I do not in any way want to have another even though the surgery itself was a positive experience, I need to have a VB, I want to have a VB and I know that I can do it, I just have to work through my fears and get back into the place I was when I was pregnant with DD.
    I know once I have given birth vaginally I will not regret a thing, I will be happy and very empowered but I am a little scared at this stage of the unknown, scared of the pain, yeah sure, but mainly the unknown.
    Hmm more reading and focusing to do... .

Quote Originally Posted by julie_ann_jules View Post
    hi ryatha,
    positioning is so important, have you seen the spinning babies website? There is fantastic infor there on positioning. I had a VBA2C in march and I listened to a hypnobirthing CD most nights before bed. Some other things I did to prepare myself were:
    Try and visulise myself relaxing and my cervix opening, I saw my chiropractor regulary (I have coxyx (sp?) problems so it was ijmportant to keep it in a good position. I also hired a private midwife... I would HIGHLY reccoment hiring a doula or Private midwife. Research has shown that the natural birth rate is much higher with a known caregiver (doula or private midwife). If money is a bit tight there are midwifes who will let u pay off the fee's (mine waited untill I got the baby bonus and I payed her with some of that)
    I also took EPO (evening primrose oil) orally from about 36 weeks. This dosn't really help with the labor,it helps soften your cervix. I needed to be induced at 38 weeks and my cervix was really soft which allowed then to break my waters...
    And READ READ READ READ there are lots of fantastic websites and books out there. get a hold and know just how much your body can do.
    Goodluck!
    Thanks julie - I've charged about the spinning babies website and am following the suggestions on there. It is such a good website isn't it? I am also doing the relaxation things each night and it helps me get to sleep really easily. I've started seeing a chiro for my pelvis and hips and now he is helping stay aligned for the birth. I've had hardly any pain in my back and hips since.
    I am going through a private midwife practice so I have my own midwife and have also been given a student midwife who will act as my doula as well. They know and support my wishes for a perfectly natural birth with interventions only if medically required.
    Since bubs is already semi engaged and I'm getting regular BH's they've asked me to hold off on the RLT and EPO until I'm a bit closer so that I don't go into labour too early.
    Thanks for the help - every little bit helps - that and positive attudes I've found!

even when I said yes and signed that paper I was saying but I will get to have a VB next time won't I?
    hehe that sounds like me... before signing the piece of paper I asked my OB if she would let me have a VBA2C next time.. rofl...

Just proves we are determined DD - or stubborn.. hehe

When I had my CS with DD it was not by choice, sure I had to say yes and sign that peice of paper but I really did not want to do it, I was ready for a VB and never thought I would give birth any other way, even when I said yes and signed that paper I was saying but I will get to have a VB next time won't I? I never thought that there was even a chance I would have a second CS and even now that I am pregnant I do not in any way want to have another even though the surgery itself was a positive experience, I need to have a VB, I want to have a VB and I know that I can do it, I just have to work through my fears and get back into the place I was when I was pregnant with DD.
    I know once I have given birth vaginally I will not regret a thing, I will be happy and very empowered but I am a little scared at this stage of the unknown, scared of the pain, yeah sure, but mainly the unknown.
    Hmm more reading and focusing to do... .
    You'll be fine... you sound very sure of what you want, and you know you can, which I think must be the biggest thing, kwim?

I guess what I was trying to say is that I think it's normal for all of us to have nerves etc about what we are doing, whether we have done it before or not, or what... I never doubted that I could or gave it a second thought, but I still have moments where I think 'am I going to regret this?' - and I guess this must be normal...

and it has surprised me, the number of people who are surprised by the fact that there even IS such a thing as a VBAC! - whereas i always figured, if I ever got PG I would be able to have a VB, there are so many ppl don't realise that it can be done (even my GP said i would probably need a CS!)

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast