Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #6

Not at all! Agree to all their conditions, then when you go into labour stay at home until ready to push sounds good to me! LOL

Peekaboo - I feel so upset and sad for you that you have to plead your case :-( I wonder if lush come to shove can they really refuse you? I wonder what the law is? Anyway I degrees.... I wish you all the best!

Arimeh - have a wonderful HB. I don't know what the abbreviation is but I don't know why we need them either! Lol

Default VBAC / EBAC Discussion #6

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh View Post
    Just bumping this thread to see if there are any other ladies going for a vbac soon!

Nearly halfway through my pregnancy now, and planning a homebirth. Not sure what the abbreviation would be, I've had 2 sections, 2 vba2cs and now a HB.
    Tehe, would that make it a HBA2C3?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer13 View Post
    Tehe, would that make it a HBA2C3?
    Nah cos that would mean its my 3rd homebirth. See? Its a problem. LOL

Default VBAC / EBAC Discussion #6

How about HBA2VBA2Cs?

Default Re: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #6

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh View Post
    Nah cos that would mean its my 3rd homebirth. See? Its a problem. LOL
    *sneaks in*

HBA2C&2VB? ♥

*sneaks out*

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer13 View Post
    How about HBA2VBA2Cs?
    Pmsl that's just complicated LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RhiChiChi View Post
    Peekaboo - I feel so upset and sad for you that you have to plead your case :-( I wonder if lush come to shove can they really refuse you? I wonder what the law is? Anyway I degrees.... I wish you all the best!
    Thank you! Unfortunately I am not alone. From reading and researching I've seen it happens a lot. I've even read about court ordered c-sections, and mother's being threatened to have their children taken off them for not consenting to a c-section (in the US) - it's crazy. I'm sure things don't get quite that bad here, but I have no idea about the legalities!

Its definitely not as bad here as it is in the states. Most midwives will be on your side, they just have to follow hospital policy.

I don't think they can force you to do anything, and there is always compromising. If they want constant monitoring, you could agree to 20 mins when you get there and then intermittent monitoring thereafter for example.

Thought I would bump this thread to see how everyone is travelling!

Entering the third trimester today - pretty scary how quickly this pregnancy is going. I've really got to get stuck into hypnobirthing stuff now - I've read most of the book but I am shocking at listening to the cd - I just find it really boring and I can't switch off and do the breathing that they tell you to do. Plus I can't visualise anything, so I really have to work on that.

It has gone fast, Arimeh! Almost in second trimester here, so also feel like it's coming up quite quickly.

I'm really just focused on being organised. Very aware also that this birth could be super quick, so I guess my game plan is to make sure everyone is prepared for that.

Hi ladies! Still plodding along here. Our hospital has a team of 3 or 4 OBs who run the 'high risk' pregnancy clinic, and apart from the first one I saw, the rest have been supportive of my VBA2C, I have an awesome midwife and doula who are also supportive. Full steam ahead

I've written a birth plan, have shown the midwife, but not the OB yet. Won't see the OB now until 40ish weeks. I've started seeing a webster trained chiro twice weekly, but that is it. I feel like I've missed the boat with starting RLT & EPO. What do you think?? Worth starting at almost 38 weeks? ;o I fully dilated in both previous pregnancies but baby never fully engaged, hopefully the chiro is working some magic on my pelvis.

Can't do any harm - I started at 36 weeks with mine.

Dd3 never engaged either - even when I was in labour she was still up there floating - little bugger! I did lots of squatting during contractions to bring her down.

Jen - how fast was your last one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12