Thread: waterbirth books or dvds

Default waterbirth books or dvds

hi girls,
    I"ve been offered a water birth at our birth centre for this bub however I know very little about them. The mw gave me a video but it was just a lot of women birthing in the water... so i'm looking for a bit more information about water birth ideally through a book or dvd i could buy.

I am also keen to combine my water birth with some hypno birthing or calm birthing etc skills... so any reading/dvd recommendations for that would also be great

I used Juju's Birth Skills book majorily with DS and had a lovely labour, but I would like to rely less on gas this time and more on water. I also am feeling very unfocussed atm so need some help to centre myself and get my head right before the big day.

Big water birth fan here!

Janet Balaskas The Water Birth Book was a great read for me leading up to birth, as well as Gaby Targett's Labour of Love. Gaby's book isn't strictly about water births, she's an experienced doula and refers regularly to water birthing throughout her book so I found it helpful as well.

I hope you have a beautiful birth, wherever it may be

thanks Human Bean i'll go hunt them down.!!