Thread: 10mnths later i still cant get her off?!?!

Unhappy 10mnths later i still cant get her off?!?!

My daughter bub num 2 just turn 10months i am finding it very hard to start her on a bottle, i wont to get her off for a lil time to myself maybe go movies of just get out lol but she crys and crys if i try and give her a bott.anyone got any tips???

What a great job you are doing hun - 10 month of breastfeeding is fantastic. At 10 months I wouldn't worry about introducing a bottle - why don't you try giving her a sippy cup instead? Neither of my boys would take a bottle but they drank from a sippy cup so I was able to go out. See how you go with that - there are lots of different sorts, she's bound to take to one of them! GL!!

at 10 months you can easily go to the movies with out missing a feed she is at the age of being able to have perhaps some water or solids to extend out a feed.

also skip the bottle a cup is fine..

Default cool

OMG ladies thanks for the advice although you guys make it sound soo easy lol..Aanika my 10month old is soo different to my first girl Zaffron.Yes she does drink water and has a lil bit of food but she will still scream for me well not for me for her boob lol..I might just try a cup ive tried about 6 bottles and 5 different milk so ill jus keep trying lol.

Hi
    Have you tried giving expressed milk instead of formula? She might prefer that.
    If she's taking some water and food she may be happy to have that instead of milk if you're not around. Even booby monsters are often happy to have something else if the boobs are not there.

I had the same problem, it took 3 months of trying once a day for DS2 to accept a bottle. I now give him one each night for the 7pm feed. He will only drink from the funny shaped teats though - sorry I don't know what they are called but Nuk and a few others make them.

I have also got him drinking out of a cup, I managed this by offering it with water for every meal. That took about 2 months, and even now a lot just goes down the front.

I think with patience, eventually they get the hang of it, he now also drinks water from his sigg bottle.

Default hi yah

oppppss didnt mention i have also tried to express breast milk she will not take it at all..but will see wat happens im gonna try her a sippy cup.

Good luck. I've always found that DS is fine if I'm not around. Out of sight out of mind iykwim. If I'm not around, he doesn't even think about boob til I'm back, unless its over night.
    So maybe if you weren't around she would be ok.

Default cool

Thanks for the great advice ladies..

ohh its soo hard but i plan on trying it, once i find a friend to go movies with lol..only been here gold coast Burleigh for over a year and a half and still havnt gotten around let alone finding new friends..good to talk to other mums..

Hey - why don't you see if other bb mums in your area want to meet up?

I agree with bjrose too - sometimes they are just fine when you're not there, but refuse everything but boobie if you are.

good luck

Well done getting to 10 months! I agree with the others... at this age you should be able to go out for an hour or two... or until you start to feel uncomfortably full. Keep up the good work. I hope the sippy cup works so that you can continue giving your DD your liquid gold. With my first I kind of gave up at 10 months but with my 2nd I BF to over a year and my 3rd child fed to 2years (as the World Health Organisation recommends) all because of the support I got here in BellyBelly! Welcome