Thread: Almost fully weaned now *tear*

Default Almost fully weaned now *tear*

My dd is almost 11 months, i really thought i was going to be breastfeeding till she was like 2 or at least 12months..but with my spinal surgery coming up and lack of support from family and even the hospital who have postponed my surgery because i was still breastfeeding(which is a whole other thread) i have started weaning dd over the last 2 weeks..

and tonight was my first time dropping her night time feed which was the last one needing to be dropped .. shes takin the bottle really well.. but itsstill hard because i loved breastfeeding

oh well i almost made it to 12 months im pretty disapointed in myself but its just the way it goes..

Huge hun!

Oh hun! you did an amazing job!

Oh darling. so many, many, many hugs to you from me Please remember what a wonderful Mummy you are and be proud of the awesome milk you gave to your DD for as long as you possibly could. And it's OK to be sad now too.

Wishing you all the very best for your surgery.

More hugs

to you. i'm sorry you had to wean but wishing you all the very best with your surgery.

Hun I know how huge of a decision this has been for you.
    Just letting you know that you are a truely amazing mumma and your daughter has had the best start to life that you could have offered her

It is ok to have a cry as it is a very special bond between mother and daughter and dont worry about missing out on the lovely closeness of BF'ing, you still have lovely warm snuggles together
    Take care xxoo

Well done on making it so far!!

You've done a fabulous job and I hope you can remember that when you feel a little less sad.

GL for the surgery and your recovery.

11 months is awesome!! Well done!! Sad that the time is over but you have done so well and given her a GREAT start in life.

I know it's hard to move on, but you've done so well Butterfly Child and this surgery is very important too.
    All the best

How are you goinf BC? Thinking of you

Thanks girls for you beautiful support where going well,

Beema- shes taking to the bottle beautifully through the day and her night time feed.. theirs been a few in the middle of the night breastfeeds(just been so hard to get up lol) but im going to get stricter tonight even if i have to get up...

I'm coming to terms with it now, i still get to snuggle up with her for cuddles at bottle time
    but my boobs are deflating tho.. i miss them lol
    i also went out and bought some really nice non maternity bras feeling abit better now

Aww hun, it is really sad when they deflate, mine shrunk down a size I had always wanted a reduction , but now they are a little bit too small

It is lovely that you have spoilt yourself with some new bra's what a lovely way to signify the end, and give yourself a lovely lasting gift.

I am glad that she is taking the bottle well, as it makes it a little less stressful for you

You have done an awesome job, proud of you hun xxoo

BC, what an amazing job you've done BF'ing your DD for 11mths!! How proud you must feel!! You have some amazing memories of your special time BF your DD to always keep with you now.
    Sorry to hear you had to wean her but it sounds like this surgery is pretty important so you've done the best thing by both of you and given your DD the best start in life! Well done, you're a wonderful mum!

Shanti- thanks beautiful , and Wow am love love loving your new avvyy wow its just beautiful just like you xx

Oh hun you did an AMAZING job to get as far as you did, you can still have that closeness, give her a massive hug while you give her the bottle and stare into those gorgeous eyes of hers.

As i have told you before, Your her world, you could feed her through a funnel and she wouldn't love you any less

Breast or bottle you are doing whats best for the BOTH OF YOU, you need this surgery to make sure your the best mum you can be in the future.

I know it's not easy, i cried when my milk dried up when i ended up back in hosp after my op, but in the end it was a choice that was out of my hands, you get to go into this with your eyes open and making the experience as easy as possible for Grace... thats a wonderful thing to be able to do.

Your an amazing mum, keep smiling and know that your doing a BRILLIANT job

Hun, you have no reason to be disappointed!! You did 10 months more than me! You did fantastic
    Good luck with the upcoming surgery

If you get the chance, hun, have someone take a photo of you bfing your DD one last time. You will treasure that photo one day.