Thread: Anyone else's toddler still boob obsessed months later?

Question Anyone else's toddler still boob obsessed months later?

DS had his last booby feed on valentines day. Almost 2.5 months ago. He was an older child when we weaned I guess, so that helps.
    I just wanted to know, want reassurance, that I'm not the only one.
    DS still has boob to calm him. He'll just put a hand down my shirt, or rub my nipple, or sometimes just put his hand over it. If he's upset it'll calm him almost instantly. Understandable I guess when it was the main source of comfort for almost 2 years. But when he comes to me asking to drink it & still getting upset that he can't I feel that I definetely weaned him way too early & that he wasn't even close to being ready yet
    I don't want to start again & there is no milk in there. I did let him once have a go, ages ago, so he could see that there was nothing in there, but he was too excited about the fact that I let him back on & giggled the whole time, so I don't think he understood the point I was trying to make at all
    I'm just hoping there is just one person out there who had the same. Its only coz its still happening so long after weaning that I feel so guilty. I don't know. Maybe I'm just obsessing!!

I cant speak for myself but I just wanted to let you know, my littlest brother was BF till 18months, mum weaned him straight to cows milk in one day, BUT- he continued to stick his hand down her top and feel her breasts until he was at least 8! (poor mum copped a lot of flak myself and my other 2 brothers for this, but as mum tried to explain to me then and I now understand now, it was just a comfort thing.
    Dont know if that helps, but oh, also my nephew is now 5, BF till 13 months, still tries to do the same to my SIL.

Thankyou. That does help. I hope he doesn't do it til he's 8 though! lol
    I used to hear about it all the time from DH, but since explaining it to him, he gets it & everyone else understands too. As my dad said the other day, he just needs to know they're still there, then he's right again, lol.
    I actually had friends of ours (a couple) both arguing with DH at one point about how ok it was & til me they thought bfing a toddler was wierd!

My DS is 3.5 years old. He was weaned at 20 months and he still sticks his hand down my shirt, snuggles up to my breasts, gives them kisses, mainly when he is tired or upset. He even says "I love your breasts, Mummy." It drives me mad. I am trying to gently discourage him. DH thinks it's hilarious.

I came close to weaning DS a while back, but didn't quite do it. Then the IVF drugs knocked my milk out completely.... but he's still feeding 1-2 a day. Not enough to get my supply back up (I don't think I have the energy for that) and he doesn't get any milk but still seems to derive comfort from it. He's always sticking his hands down my top too. I ask him not to but he just thinks it's funny.

I always wanted to let him decide when he was ready to stop, so I'm ok with it for now. I do wonder how long he can keep going with no milk though.

It's only been a few months for your boy, so it's not surprising he remembers. If you're ok with him still usign your boobs for comfort, though in a different way, then perhaps this is a good compromise for you both? Probably letting him do it will mean he gets past this need quicker.

Thanks guys. I don't have a problem with him doing it. I'm just trying to ease my guilt I guess. I was hoping it wouldn't go on, as I'll be needing them again soon & I don't want there to be any jelousy, but at the same time I'm always very gently talking to him about how the baby is going to drink out of mum's boobies when it comes. Last night was the first time I was allowed to say it & he agreed, so he's slowly becoming ok with the idea.
    Hopefully by the time it happens he'll completely understand & it'll all be ok, even if he does still want them, he'll be ok with sharing.

Jack will still nuzzle into my breasts when he is upset or tired, or he will put his hand inside my bra. He also thinks it's hillarious to put his head between my breasts and blow raspberries, LOL, but he's not interested in trying to have a drink from them.

Hun, my DD self-weaned at four and she still loves to touch my bbs in bed in the morning. The last few mornings after her transition to a new big bed she's also wanted to drink. She has about one or two sucks and that's it, she just wants to know my bbs are still there for her.

She also loves to touch a mole on my stomach and my bellybutton when she's tired or sees me half-naked. Touching me is a way for her to find comfort, I'm sure. She's never been attached to a teddy or blanket or anything, just me. I feel kinda special that I'm still physically her comfort even though our bfing has ended.

DD1 still sticks her hand down my top, especially when she is tired. when she was younger she used to do it all the time for comfort. i weaned her at 17months. after that she kept feeling them but didnt want to drink. she stopped touching them (as much as she had been) when DD2 came along. i told her that if she touched them it would make the milk come out and she didnt like that idea.

My DS STILL loves my boobies and he is 25 months. I stopped breast feeding him at the age of 1 and he still sucked on my boob for comfort even after I had no milk.
    Up until my DS2 was born he would just pop his hand down my top and play with my nipple.
    He would even try to pull it out when we were shopping or out somewhere.
    When my DS2 was born and I was holding both of them he quickly put his hand down my top to let me know he still had rights on my boobs.
    Since BF my new born he has settled down finally and understands his baby brother needs mummies boobies for food.
    So for us it took a long while.
    I hope it settles down a lot quicker for you though.