Thread: Leaking nipple

Default Leaking nipple

Hi girls, firstly I apologise if this is in the wrong forum! I couldn't decide if it was breastfeeding, conception, postnatal or what! So please feel free to move it elsewhere

Last night I was doing the dishes and felt wet in the boob area, wasn't wearing a bra and could see wet patch on my pj top. Had a look and one of my nipples was leaking not quite clear fluid, was basically dripping like when DS was newborn. If I squeezed more came out and it looked almost yellowy.

I haven't breastfeed DS for almost 4 weeks so I am surprised at this. I never tried seeing if there was anything there since he weaned, but today I can still get liquid out if I squeeze.

Is this normal? I am TTC so am also wondering if it's an early pregnancy sign

Okay, now I feel like a leaking weirdo

No real advice, but I didn't want you to be a leaking weirdo!

I would say it is normal to leak even after weaning. I know a woman who never breastfed, who started leaking when her baby was 1.

Maybe it is a hormone change thing though, so count down till you poas.

For the recod I haven't leaked since DD was a newborn, and I'm still feeding her (and pg).

Yep, I think it's totally normal to still have fluid there, especially as it's only been 4 weeks.
    I have noticed on occasions before I get in the shower there'll be a tiny bit of fluid on my bra (probably from being cold after getting undressed and nipples contracting etc! Sorry if TMI!), and P weaned almost 3 months ago.
    Not a leaking weirdo at all Maybe you were having subconscious baby thoughts and you had a letdown...?

LOL thanks girls! Phew
    Don't remember what I was thinking about but it very well could've been babies! Ah just love the TWW...

It is interesting though how you can still have milk after weeks and months.

Yes, it's certainly normal. Some mums still get milk for months. I hope there is some good news when you POAS!