Thread: no more bf but still milk?

Default no more bf but still milk?

DS has been refusing boobie for going on a month now ive been fighting him to have one bf every couple of days.
    when i try expressing the most i can get is 10mls both boobs if im lucky. but my boobs are still getting sore and the ducts just near my nipple are getting lumpy and its driving me insane. i cant seem to express the milk but DS just doesnt want it.
    any tips on how to get the milk to dry up or come out? if i just ignore it will it go away or will it dry there and leave my boobs lumpy?

i'm not sure, but thought i'd bump for the more knowledgeable. You could give the ABA a call 1800 686 2 686

It will stop by itself hun. Is it any better yet? Hand expressing might get a bit more out, but the stimulation of expressing can make it take longer to dry up. If you are full and lumpy then you definitely need to express for comfort, but not drain the breast. Perhaps see how you go for 24 hours without expressing or touching your breasts at all and see if it is more comfortable after that.

I found using the cabbage leaves actually helped dry me up quicker. When I had excess milk the midwives told me to use the cabbage leaves and they were right.

phew ok looking better now thanks girls. i had a few hot showers where i didnt express just put the hot water on them and that seemed to help.
    still a bit lumpy but getting better. i can still get milk out of them, just hurry up already!!