Thread: Weaning Nutrition Advice

Default Weaning Nutrition Advice

Hi everyone.

Not sure if I am posting this in the right forum but hopefully someone can help.

I am looking for nutritional advice after stopping to breast feed.

Little Douglas is seven and a half months old. I stopped breastfeeding a few weeks ago and want to make sure he gets all the right nutrients.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Love,
    Diana

I assume that you have replaced breastfeeding with formula bottles. They are where he will get most of his nutrients from, and it important that he continues to have them for the next few months.
    As far as food is concerned, he needs to be given the opportunity to try lots of different things - much more so that he learns about eating rather than for the nutrients in the food at this stage. Avoid things he might choke on (raw carrot/celery/apple/lollies/nuts/etc) and avoid honey unless it's in cooking, but otherwise:
    1) give him some big pieces of softish food to play with and maybe eat;
    2) give him tastes of what you are eating
    3) blend up vegies/meat/fruit and give that a try
    The more you do 1 and 2, the less you will have to do 3 - which in general makes life easier.

Thank you for the reply KMN. We went away to visit relatives hence my late response.

Yes I am using formula and plan to continue for a few more months. Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated.