Thread: Would my supply be dropping?

Default Would my supply be dropping?

Bit of background;
    DS will be 2 at the end of Feb. He has been an avid BFer since birth and have had very few issues. He's never wanted to take milk or anything other than water from a bottle, so we've never bothered. In fact he' always just refused to drink cows milk.

The last few days he's asked for more feeds than usual. He normally has an early morning one, a before sleep one at 11.30ish and a bedtime one. He still feeds to sleep. And also he has been a bit off with very high fevers.

So I have given them to him when he asks. However, within seconds of getting and sucking he is frustrated that there appears to be nothing there and screams and screams. Won't go back on either. So I swap sides and same thing happens. Doesn't matter if it's a regular feed or an extra one. My usually very strong let down is almost non existent too.

AF has been back regularly for over 12months and diet hasn't changed, not has my liquid intake.

Last night he asked for milk instead.....so had his very first bottle of milk (bottle was his request).

More likely that it hurts him to feed - either because of an ear infection or a really sore throat. If you give him some panadol a bit before the feed does that help at all?

Yeah, could be illness or teething maybe?
    No chance you're pregnant is there?

haha, there is a new molar....why didn't I think of that?
    yes MadB there is also a slight chance of that...