Thread: 1st wedding anniversary

Default 1st wedding anniversary

Next month dh and will have been married 1 year. We are not huge celebration people, but after ideas of small non expensive gifts and things we can do for the night?

I have a sitter booked for around 4 hours on a Friday night

Default Re: 1st wedding anniversary

We don't do gifts for our anniversaries. Instead we go out to dinner on our anniversay and spend the night enjoying each others company. This year we even took DS and it was a lot of fun (even if it was very messy for the restaurant heehee). While presents would be great we just don't have the spare cash and we figure as long as we acknowledge each other on the day then that is the main thing.

1st anniversary is paper.. I got Dh a magazine subscription and folded him a little origami thing and made a card. He bought me a re-print from an artist I adore.

You could make each other a card from paper or even hand write some vouchers that he can cash in at any time.. a sleep in, a massage, dinner date etc

Traditional is paper, modern is a clock. So for my dh I drew him a picture of a clock =)

It's not the price... It's the thought.

I wrote DH a thank you card while I was writing my wedding thank yous, to give him on anniversary 1 when we looked over out wedding photos and stuff.

We moved house just before our anniversary, so didn't do that.

DH has not looked at wedding stuff since, so hasn't found his letter. Maybe for our 10th this year then?

I got DH stationary made of old maps, he's into up cycling and that sort of stuff and he loved it. He got me a leather bound recipe book to fill, with gorgeous decorated pages and a lovely quote in the front about family and food

I googled a list of 50 must see places in Australia and bought a big map of Australia, marked out the 50 places with the promise to my husband of visiting all 50 places by the time we reach our 50th year of marriage =) thought it would be a cheesy little gift that would bring some adventure to our lives in the future when we look back on the promise I made xx