Thread: Can I wear a skirt to a wedding?

Default Can I wear a skirt to a wedding?

Let's clear some things up. I am fashionably challenged. I don't go out much. I have been to two weddings in the last 7 years. I don't now anyone at all going to this wedding except my DH.

Can I wear a skirt to a wedding? I just can't face buying a dress that I will never wear again. At least with a skirt and top I can wear it again slightly differently. I have to buy something anyway, I don't really have any nice enough clothes.
    It would not be a short skirt, or a maxi skirt. Somewhere knee length-ish. And then a top or blouse or something.

I do have one dress, but I wore it to the races last year and to me it looks like a race-wear dress.

It's not a super dooper fancy pants wedding I don't think. DH is wearing a suit. (His only suit).

Help. Please.

Default Re: Can I wear a skirt to a wedding?

Totally fine in my book.

Yes you can

You can wear a dress a skirt or nice pants to a wedding

yep, you can definitely wear a skirt! Target has some gorgeous pencil skirts on sale atm

If you wear this skirt, will you be inviting the world to be your gynaecologist? If not, then it's fine.

Definitely, in fact some of the best outfits are made of a nice skirt, top and accessories.

Of course! Unless they've specifically written some kind of dress code that means nothing but a dress, go for it!

The best man's wife wore gorgeous pants and a dressy top to our wedding, she almost looked better than me (*almost* lol).

Of course you can.

Yes, although I wouldn't necessarily rule out the races dress. Can you accessorise to make it wedding appropriate?

Yup, a skirt is fine, though I often find it hard to get a dressy top. Silk-like fabrics are nice and dressy. And you can use jewelly too.

The races dress could work if you paired it with a shrug or cardi?

I tried really hard to attach a picture of the races dress, but it appears I am totally useless at that.

Thanks for all the feedback. I might have a look around and then post for more opinions later on. Will need to work out how to do attachments though!

I agree! Skirt is fine!

I'd probably wear the dress, or borrow another dress from a friend. But I like dresses

Skirts are fine too though - unless it's back tie or white tie, a skirt should be fine. Skirts are pretty common at weddings

I wear pants to a wedding if I feel like it - I don't think there are rules like there used to be. Wear what you feel comfortable in that is classy and dressy and you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I tried really hard to attach a picture of the races dress, but it appears I am totally useless at that.

Thanks for all the feedback. I might have a look around and then post for more opinions later on. Will need to work out how to do attachments though!
    I use the BB app for attachments. I can't seem to do it any other way.