Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you think this is a little tacky? Or nice?

DH's best mate and his wife got married at their engagement party. The party was at his mum's house and when the time came they asked everybody to go to the front of the house. The bride was wearing a pretty dress for the party but had changed into a wedding gown. They had told some close friends who they needed to perform certain tasks, but neither set of parents had any idea. After the ceremony the also announced their pregnancy. It was a beautiful, relaxed day. Very Australian with the smell of lamb roasting on a spit coming down the driveway lol. I say, if it's what you want, go for it.

I kinda like the idea PZ . When I was searching online for wedding stuff for us, I came across a pic of an entrance/welcome sign someone had done for their wedding. I thought it was really cute & quirky.

They had set it up as a 'family reunion' and the sign was along the lines of: You think you're here for a family reunion but your not, you're actually here to see 'blank & blank' tie the knot.

Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to planning this now!

I haven't read all the replys, but I think its a really lovely idea. If you don't have your heart set on a big wedding like some people do, then a nice small party with people who genuinely love and care for you to celebrate with you is all you need. My girlfriend recently just eloped. She had been planning a big traditional weddign, but they found out she was pg and the wedding was getting huge with issues from the grooms side of the family, so they canned the big traditional thing and went to Qld and eloped, only thier parents came.

I'd do it but DF isn't keen on it. Instead I have the headache of organising this planned perfect wedding.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234