thread: Elves and Fairies Party Theme Ideas

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

Elves and Fairies Party Theme Ideas

Instead of the Lego theme I was hoping for, DS wants an Elves and Fairies (ie Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom) party for his fourth birthday.

Hit me with your ideas!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Nov 2008
    Melbourne

Re: Elves and Fairies Party Theme Ideas

Little cupcakes with brown patty cake cases and the iced with red fondant and white spots to look like little toadstools.

Umm, butterfly cakes.

BellyBelly Member

May 2010
    Land of Dreams

Fairy cookie wands (like cake pops but use cookies)
    Toadstool cake
    Shaped sandwiches using cookie cutters
    Fairy bread

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2011
    Perth

Instead of party hats every little guest is given a pair of elf or fairy wings to wear.

'Plant' big, pretend toadstools and mushrooms throughout your garden to give a sense of scale (i.e. mushrooms are big to fairies etc). You can get cheap polystyrene ones (may need to do some hunting for bigger ones) and paint them.

Make edible wands - i.e. Pop something on the end of a stick/skewer like a star shaped biscuit, make it all look pretty.

Birthday cake or treats can be served on a 'platter' consisting of a big square or rectangle of mock grass/astro turf type surface made up of mushroom or little cottage cakes, flowers etc. You can add some plastic props such as little deer, fairies etc. Basically make a miniature elves and fairies kingdom.

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2011
    Perth

Oh and just saw a cute idea- simple plastic footstools with round spotted cushion tops made for them so they look like mushrooms.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Sep 2008
    Melbourne

If you want to make very Ben and Holly - ladybird cupcakes would be quite easy and could do in different colors like Gaston's nieces and nephews. You could make cardboard starshaped wands (or you can get ones box shaped from Riot I think) and make them look like the ones in the show.

DD has expressed an interest in having a Ben and Holly party - I haven't thought much about it yet, apart from I will dress as Nanny Plum and magic up lots of jelly.

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

Wysiwyg - Ooooh, I'd love to dress as Nanny Plum! DS wants a Gaston cake....and a cake with Ben and Holly icing people...and he wants everyone to make fairy kingdoms with collected leaves, bark, rocks etc...and elf horn blowers...and fairy wands....and Captain Redbeard's boat with Barry the ?fish?....and Ben and Holly invitations.... (darn that Pinterest, and darn DS for looking over my shoulder!)

So really, just your average, run of the mill party...