Thread: Leaving the bub behind...

Default Leaving the bub behind...

We have been invited to the wedding of someone I really like and would love to be there to see her be married. But its a 'no kids' wedding. It would be 10hrs travel to get there, so we would be gone for 3 days (drive there - wedding - drive home). DS will be about 21 months and he is currently still bfing overnight and co-sleeping at night and I don't think that will change soon. I have never left him overnight and i think 3 days and 2 nights is alot of time away from a 1 year old, isn't it? I imagine it would end our bfing...
    Another option suggested to us is to take him and leave him with a babysitter at the hotel. Isn't that just the same as pulling a stranger off the street to care for our baby though? In a hotel in a foreign town.
    Any ideas on how we could make this work? I really want to go

Default Re: Leaving the bub behind...

Maybe have a think about it... is there someone you could take with you as a babysitter that your son will know?
    What will you do breast-wise if you're not feeding for a few days?
    He might wean, he might just wait and start again when you get back.
    Whether it's too long for him, well that's for you to decide. I wouldn't have at that age.

Thanks onthefly. I don't want to leave him for that long. I have a friend with a bub the same age as ds going away without her littlie for a week so I wondered if I was being ott. But the thought of going without him turns my stomach and I love bfing too much to risk it ending.
    Trying to think of someone to come with us, that wouldn't be going to the wedding...
    I think I already know the answer. It's just super disappointing.

I wouldn't want to leave him either. I'd be looking for someone to come with you or trying to share child/wedding time with my dh so we each got to go to some. Good luck!

Just to update... This little pickle is all sorted! My brothers partner is going to hang back with the kids at the hotel. She's not much interested in going to the wedding it turns out. And then if my mum leaves before us (which she likely will) she'll take him to bed with her because she's sharing a room with us.
    So lucky us! We get to enjoy a lovely wedding and have ds straight back afterwards